PDA

View Full Version : hello

dirtygu
25th October 2012, 08:41 PM
hi everyone im Anthony im just getting started in the 4x4 scene havent got my rig as yet but i do get out in my mates 4bies and love it and im looking forward to seeing some of u guys out n:bananarock: about

AB
25th October 2012, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

taslucas
25th October 2012, 08:52 PM
Gday Anthony, Welcome aboard. What sort of patrol are you looking to get? A gu, hence dirtygu?

growler2058
25th October 2012, 08:53 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent via my tapping thumbs

happygu
25th October 2012, 08:59 PM
Hope you get the car you are after.

Lots of help here if you need advice.

Mic

Bloodyaussie
25th October 2012, 09:01 PM
Welcome aboard mate......

Dhuck
25th October 2012, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

dirtygu
25th October 2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks guys i feel like one of the family allready. I am looking at getting a gu but am unsure as to what would be best suted for my needs and im finding it really hard to get answers from companys down hear in sa. im looking at a 3ltr as the 4.2 is really hard toget and way over my price range but i am unsure as to get auto or man ?????

MEGOMONSTER
25th October 2012, 10:20 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

happygu
25th October 2012, 10:55 PM
I haved owned my fair share of Patrols, and I love both the 4.2 and the 3L Patrols. As far as i am concerned, the best one depends on what you are doing with it. For 80% on-road - getting to work and back, tripping around with 20% off-road go with the 3Litre. For 20% on-road with 80% off-road get the 4.2.

For my current situation, the 4.2 is not the best vehicle for me as I use my car every day for work, and I couldn't keep up with all the oil changes....... but there was a time where it was perfect.

I personally like a manual and have only owned manuals, but the current thinking is all Auto's. It really is up to you what your preference would be.

If you get sick of changing gears in town, then get the Auto. The Auto is also easier when you first start off in the rough stuff - can't stall it, just point and shoot, the only real negatives are the fact that the Auto can run away a little more on a steep downhill run, and you can't roll start an Auto, but these things can be overcome with a little technique and experience.

I hope that this gives you a few things to ponder about.

Mic

dirtygu
25th October 2012, 11:09 PM
I haved owned my fair share of Patrols, and I love both the 4.2 and the 3L Patrols. As far as i am concerned, the best one depends on what you are doing with it. For 80% on-road - getting to work and back, tripping around with 20% off-road go with the 3Litre. For 20% on-road with 80% off-road get the 4.2.

For my current situation, the 4.2 is not the best vehicle for me as I use my car every day for work, and I couldn't keep up with all the oil changes....... but there was a time where it was perfect.

I personally like a manual and have only owned manuals, but the current thinking is all Auto's. It really is up to you what your preference would be.

If you get sick of changing gears in town, then get the Auto. The Auto is also easier when you first start off in the rough stuff - can't stall it, just point and shoot, the only real negatives are the fact that the Auto can run away a little more on a steep downhill run, and you can't roll start an Auto, but these things can be overcome with a little technique and experience.

I hope that this gives you a few things to ponder about.

Mic

cheers mic
yeah you gave me a few things to think about there i would be using it 50/50 on and off road as i ahve a second car and motorbike for work. im leaning towards the manual as thats all i have ever owned and driven i guess no mater what i do its going to do the job its a patrol right :)

my third 256
26th October 2012, 05:19 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Maxhead
26th October 2012, 05:27 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

..........on the move.

threedogs
26th October 2012, 06:29 AM
Depending on needs a 4.2 td ute would be high on my list, but
Welcome mate, heaps of info here for you and a great bunch of people as well,
jump in anytime and enjoy

Sir Roofy
26th October 2012, 08:30 AM
Welcome aboard mate im thinking you better get the 4.2
for what you need

healy
26th October 2012, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

wildgu6
26th October 2012, 04:52 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard. Great to see another southerner onboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people.

Enjoy, cheers Pete

dirtygu
27th October 2012, 08:32 AM
cheers everyone for the welcoming hopefully get my gu today so not long and ill be off the road

2TROLLFAM
27th October 2012, 11:47 AM
:thumbup: Congratulations on joining the best forum around and WELCOME!!

As the others have stated - there is plenty of information in the threads regarding everything "Patrol" and even some thats not ... Join In & Enjoy !!

daves
27th October 2012, 05:29 PM
Hi Anthony,
Good to see your getting into the 4x4 scene,you will love it more when you get your own truck I cant get enough of it.
It gets into your blood.Hope to see ya out there soon probably will if you ever get out around coffs area.

From Dave