PDA

View Full Version : Electric windows circuit.

CptClinac
25th October 2012, 07:05 PM
Hi Guys,
Anybody have details of wiring arangements for power windows on LWB GQ Y60??

Thanks
Dave

Yendor
25th October 2012, 07:29 PM
Hi Dave,

What to you need to know?. I saw your other thread regarding the 24 volt wiring diagrams.

I only have the manuals that are available on this forum are they different to your truck?

I would of thought the window circuits would have been the same.

Cheers Rodney

CptClinac
26th October 2012, 11:30 PM
Hi Rodney,
I have just downloaded the manual from the forum. It is basically the same as the 2 I have from other sources.
Just found the power windows circuit filed under door of course rather than electrical.
It is rather full on and I haven't done all the hard yards on it yet. I suspect there's a hole in the diagram (there doesn't appear to be a driver's door control for the rear windows). But this may be that I just haven't dug deep enough.
The issue I have is simply that I want to power the windows without powering up the engine fully (and glowing it unecessarily). The cct has enough info to provide the solution.

Thanks
Dave

Yendor
27th October 2012, 12:09 AM
Sorry I should of told you where to find it in the manual.

I think you will find the 24 volt is the same as the 12 volt, maybe slightly different wire colours.

All you need to do is change the switching of the relay to accessories or bypass the relay if you prefer being able to operate the windows without the key.

my third 256
27th October 2012, 07:50 AM
just found an old thread yendor had written and tells you what to do
great read yendor
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1828-GU-09-Electric-Windows-Mod/page2

CptClinac
27th October 2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks.
Great thread Yendor et al.
Not sure if I'll go for Acc drive to the relay or full time power but there's enough info to accomplish whatever...

Thanks all for the great info.
Dave.

CptClinac
13th November 2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks all.
Pulled the relay and jumpered the socket. Real easy. Windows now on 'always' power.
Shame about having to pull the front suspension to get at the relay :)
Only half joking here. I pulled lots off before finding I could do the job by pulling the glove box (6 small screws ! ! !)

Thanks all.
Dave