PDA

View Full Version : Just a general rant

BG0067
23rd October 2012, 02:01 PM
Bugger -- Found an oil leak on the 'Trolls engine on Friday. Good thing was it was only a hardened rocker cover gasket -

So and easy fix............... So I thought.:1087:

But how hard can it be to get parts ?? we have 5 auto spare places within 15 minutes of my place.

First port of call "REPCO" ( To be known hence fourth as "Rip Every Poor Customer Off")-- I was told no we don't carry that part but we can order it in for you at a cost of $100 plus freight.

Second shop -- the local "Sprint" auto shop -- Same response but their price was $ 50 plus freight then they suggested I try their other store 15 minutes down the road. Question was asked can you please ring and see if they have one in stock. Response was - Nah you'll have to go down and ask them yourself..

Third Shop -- Super Cheap -- Same response as other 2 stores "Don't carry in stock but we can get it for you at $60 plus freight and 3 days...... Then they suggested trying the "Sprint" store across the carpark. Nice staff in super cheap - They couldn't help me there and then but weren't afraid to suggest their competition.

Fourth Shop -- "Sprint" Asked the same question again.

Staff member asked -- what type of engine is it for ?
My response -- A 4.5 ltr Petrol Nissan Patrol.

To which he replied -- No such thing exists they only make them in a 3ltr or 4.2ltr turbo diesel so which one is it. I can't type my response to that so I asked him to follow me into the carpark and show me where I put the diesel in my Patrol as it has been running fine on petrol since 1998.

And these type of people are allowed to run stores.

Last port of call Auto Pro -- I asked the Question again

Response -- Sorry we don't have it in stock but we can get it in for you at a cost of $47 and will be here Monday afternoon latest, no freight cost. Got a call Monday morning at 0900 - My part was in.

Every shop I went to showed me a picture of the part I wanted and it was the same part number and picture -- So why is there such a huge difference in the pricing.
I went back to REPCO and asked for an explanation and was told that's the way it is.

Rant finished --------- Back to normal programming.

threedogs
23rd October 2012, 02:17 PM
Can understand them not stocking it , How many parts off every car made would you like them to stock???
As For what the different shops charge, thats just to show you the really greedy PR&*CKs. Stick with one shop
you may find the price will even come down., Good rant by the way, up there with the best of them. LOL

growler2058
23rd October 2012, 03:42 PM
Mate I feel ya pain. We have one near me called auto man I think it is. One bloke there is bearable the other three are just effwits. And I wasn't shy of telling one of them what I thought then left with out buying front n rear diff oil g/box and tnsfr oil engine oil two oil filters one fuel filter two air filters on the counter and that I was going 5minutes down the road to Sprints who have always been helpful. And I've never been back to the c@cks to give them my hard earned AND I make sure I tell everyone that'll listen wot a mob if w@nkers they are and that makes me feel better;-)

Sent via my tapping thumbs

taslucas
23rd October 2012, 04:55 PM
Walked into bursons this morning to get new leads. While I wad there, asked if they had rocker cover gasket fir my TB42. Yep they have it in stock, even have two different brands. I will be needing one soon so it's good to know they stick it. Then I thought: when you go to buy a part, why not ask about other parts that you may need in the future...... Damn smart idea I reckon, as your not running round like a madman when you need something urgent:-)

Tap, crackle, pop

threedogs
23rd October 2012, 05:10 PM
Hey 2 taps is Sprints just a SA mob, haven't heard of them this way?
Funny how some mobs try their best not to get your money,

Winnie
23rd October 2012, 05:46 PM
Walked into bursons this morning to get new leads. While I wad there, asked if they had rocker cover gasket fir my TB42. Yep they have it in stock, even have two different brands. I will be needing one soon so it's good to know they stick it. Then I thought: when you go to buy a part, why not ask about other parts that you may need in the future...... Damn smart idea I reckon, as your not running round like a madman when you need something urgent:-)

Tap, crackle, pop

Bursons are always good down this way too.

DIAL-A-TAP

growler2058
23rd October 2012, 05:51 PM
Hey 2 taps is Sprints just a SA mob, haven't heard of them this way?
Funny how some mobs try their best not to get your money,

Dunno mate but the onlt time i dont go there is if i get a gift voucher for somewhere else

my third 256
24th October 2012, 06:51 AM
hey bgoo67 you forgot bursons and main north nissans

threedogs
24th October 2012, 06:57 AM
You get gift vouchers, you lucky ,lucky GQER

Steve4wdin
24th October 2012, 03:24 PM
Well it looks like Auto Pro gets your business from now on

BG0067
24th October 2012, 03:29 PM
Can understand them not stocking it , How many parts off every car made would you like them to stock???
As For what the different shops charge, thats just to show you the really greedy PR&*CKs. Stick with one shop
you may find the price will even come down., Good rant by the way, up there with the best of them. LOL

I don't have a problem with stores not stocking an item - I know its not possible to carry every bit of kit a car will need ( But imagine the fun you could have if one did .....:biggrin: )

It just gets under my skin when places vary so much in price for the same item then slug you freight as well to get an item in that they have on their data base.

I asked at Auto Pro ( where I bought the part from )how come they don't carry such a simple or common thing as a rocker cover gasket for a Patrol when they carry just about every other gasket that you could think of and some you would never imagine of asking for.

His reply was, with a straight face ---- Never had to sell one before. People with Patrols generally don't by spare parts, but we sell lots of Cruiser bits. :biggrin::biggrin: