PDA

View Full Version : Radio, dvd, reversing camera,Gps navigation combo

ckh
23rd October 2012, 01:58 AM
A friend of mine with a 91 GQ bought a eonon G1310 its a 1 din unit, His GQ is a manual and his only complaint is that he has to have his gear shift in neutral or 2nd to allow the unit to pop out the screen and lift up, apart from that he has no complaints hastily bought one today but after looking at some clips on YouTube, I don’t know if it’s going to fit as where the 2 din bay on mine is the bottom din has my uhf radio and the top din has my cd player, but looking at the clips, I can see it fouling on the plastic above the din bays, and think will defiantly foul against my cigarette lighter which I use to charge my phone etc, I've been reading this forum and see that everyone who has bought and eonon unit has gone with the double din size, which the screen is always open... Although my GQ is an auto, looking at the position of the lever when it’s in park I recon I will have similar problems as my friends manual. Does anyone have a single din unit, or when it arrives should I flog it on eBay or something and get the double din unit as everyone else here has? Or does anyone have any suggestions on my above problem? If I go for a double din unit, I don’t know where to mount my uhf radio then!!!, any advice appreciated.

this is the unit I bought
http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/1-Din-Car-GPS-DVD/C1305.html
This is the unit I think I should have bought
http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/2-Din-Car-GPS-DVD/C1304D.html

Marc

my third 256
23rd October 2012, 04:15 AM
had one in my old gq (single din with pop up face ) you can adjust the angle when fully out and also use a extended cigarett socket
could use one of these just hard wire into back od old socket
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USB-Port-3-Way-Car-Cigarette-Lighter-Socket-Splitter-12V-Charger-Power-Adapter-/330813567186?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d060670d2

ckh
23rd October 2012, 08:52 AM
Did you have to change the gear shift to be able to pop it out to start it up? or did it clear your gear stick?

ckh
23rd October 2012, 09:17 AM
Would you recommend putting it in the top or bottom din? do I need to install the unit poking out a bit to clear the plastic shrowd, between the Din area and the ash tray and cigarette lighter area, as the plastic there is protruding about an inch..

marc

ckh
23rd October 2012, 09:34 AM
had one in my old gq (single din with pop up face ) you can adjust the angle when fully out and also use a extended cigarett socket
could use one of these just hard wire into back od old socket
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USB-Port-3-Way-Car-Cigarette-Lighter-Socket-Splitter-12V-Charger-Power-Adapter-/330813567186?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d060670d2

How did you like the single din model, or would you recommend a 2 din model?

my third 256
24th October 2012, 07:05 AM
Did you have to change the gear shift to be able to pop it out to start it up? or did it clear your gear stick?
mine was auto and was ok

my third 256
24th October 2012, 07:07 AM
Would you recommend putting it in the top or bottom din? do I need to install the unit poking out a bit to clear the plastic shrowd, between the Din area and the ash tray and cigarette lighter area, as the plastic there is protruding about an inch..

marc
in the top mate as it will sit too low and will then fowl the gear stick
your mate with the manual can get the stick cut down

my third 256
24th October 2012, 07:08 AM
single is good as i can have uhf underneath that is what i have in my gu at the moment

ckh
24th October 2012, 07:23 AM
mine was auto and was ok
So leaving it in park it cleared the shift? mine is an auto... just doesnt look like much space from were the unit will be installed to where the auto shift is when its in park...

ckh
24th October 2012, 07:24 AM
single is good as i can have uhf underneath that is what i have in my gu at the moment

But the stero unit in a GU is mounted higher in the dash than an 89 gq isnt it?

ckh
25th October 2012, 07:03 PM
So leaving it in park it cleared the shift? mine is an auto... just doesnt look like much space from were the unit will be installed to where the auto shift is when its in park...

Unit arrived today, for the screen to come out and not foul against the dash lip its self, that it recesses, into I had to mount it way out, to the point it looks stupid, and hits the gear lever in park. mounting it in the corect space it would only work and not foul against anything if I left the centre consol cover off, again looks stupid. . So will offer this one up as a peasce offering to the wife to put in her car and have just ordered a 2 din unit, nice waste of 350 dollars.....

ckh
25th October 2012, 07:04 PM
Will just have to figure out where to mount my UHF now...

Clunk
25th October 2012, 10:52 PM
Make a dash pod for it to sit in.

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

ckh
27th October 2012, 08:53 AM
Make a dash pod for it to sit in.

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Would not have a clue one how to make one, any directions or advice appreicated, or any links to web sites or where I could buy one appreicated

Marc