PDA

View Full Version : "I Have had a good experience with" Thread.

Punderhead
21st October 2012, 05:50 PM
Well I was actually thinking about this the other day, that we all seem to tell everyone when we have a bad experience with a business, but a good one and we won't say a thing. After seeing the suggestion from threedogs in the 'rubbish from china thread', I thought why not?

It seems every other week someone is asking "who is a good mechanic in ....... area?", or "what is a good brand for a ........ ?". I thought if everyone post up the places they recommend, we could merely direct them to the one place.

If you have it, people may also like to include a phone number/website/email address of said good buisness.

To kick it off.

When I first got my patrol I had some issues with the LPG, and took it to "Steerite" in Toowoomba. (sorry no contact info). Within5 minutes my problem had been diagnosed, fixed and explained to me fully, and I was on my way. They guys there really know their stuff. And all for the grand sum of nothing!!!

Cheers!

P.s. If this takes off could it possibly be made a sticky so that it won't be lost in the pages of time?

NissanGQ4.2
21st October 2012, 05:58 PM
P.s. If this takes off could it possibly be made a sticky so that it won't be lost in the pages of time?

Done mate, stuck it with the rest

Winnie
21st October 2012, 06:09 PM
Okay, I have had great experiences with Patrolapart (I deal with Dayel, great bloke always willing to help out) in Lilydale and Millweld (only ever spoken to Mill there, another great bloke and could not be happier with the product) in Mansfield.
Here are websites from both.

http://www.patrolapart.com.au/
http://www.millweld.com/

threedogs
21st October 2012, 06:11 PM
Great how heavy Meds affect the mind, Not into the name and shame thing which is obvious from a few weeks back. Just look at all the recent threads.
brought this for xxx$ and it broke, what do you expect. a proven product for $000 and cheap copy at $0 and it breaks daa.

macca
21st October 2012, 07:42 PM
Gee Punderhead thats a bit harsh, I have personally recently given good report cards for recovery points and an awning I recently bought.

I have kicked another supplier fair in the goolies and when they refunded the whole amount I had shelled out there is a thankyou from me on here.

We are not all focusing on the negative.

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 08:24 PM
Jax Quickfix in Ipswich rule!! Wayne the owner & Pete the Manager are bloody fantastic to deal with - nothing has ever been too much trouble for these boys.

Same with Baileys Brake & Clutch in Ipswich - have always looked after out cars

Sent from Sharen's iPhone using Tapatalk ....

wildgu6
21st October 2012, 09:02 PM
Had a great experience with http://www.nizzbits.com.au/
Hows this for service, Ordered fan from Garry at NIZZBITS on 19th, Got email from him 20th saying he had just posted, 21st i have it, What service is that. TOP stuff NIZZBITS, for genuine Nissan parts at a great price.
Garry can be contacted via email; nizzbits@hotmail.com

choppie
22nd October 2012, 04:40 PM
Done mate, stuck it with the rest

Good one guys, I'm sure business's will appreciate it, top marks

MEGOMONSTER
22nd October 2012, 05:27 PM
I had bought a MSA roof bag early last year and filled it to the brim. When clipping the bag together on tightening I ripped the strap clean off and thought there's no way they would warrant it. So I was in ARB and overheard someone wanting to buy a bag and they told them it has a lifetime warranty and I said really. When customer left, I told them what I had done and they said all they can do is try. ARB rang MSA told them my story and to our surprise they said no problem. MSA got a courier to pick it up, their expense, fixed it like new and returned it all under warranty. Very pleased

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

oncedisturbed
22nd October 2012, 05:34 PM
Never had any dramas at all from Coastal 4wd (ARB Welshpool). I just send them an email and pop in a few days later and all good :)

Northern 4wd in Wangarra (WA again) are usually very good to deal with as we'll, usually a lot busier though.
4x4 Extras in Wangarra again are good, Sean is only more than happy to answer queries etc and prices are pretty good as well

Punderhead
22nd October 2012, 05:38 PM
I am trying to focus on the positives here macca, as are you, however it seems most people want to focus on the negatives, hence the thread.

I also want to give B.S.C (bearing and power transmission shop) in Toowoomba a free plug.
http://www.bsc.com.au/

We get all our bearings etc from these guys, and the amount of stock they have, the service they give is just incredible. Reasonably priced too!

Cheers!

macca
22nd October 2012, 05:46 PM
Shes OK mate I'm all for what you said and agree with your intent, just its not all negative. I'm trying to be fair and do my best LOL

that we all seem to tell everyone when we have a bad experience with a business, but a good one and we won't say a thing.

wildgu6
25th October 2012, 05:31 PM
Bit :offtopic: but was still a good experience, checked out the local opp shop the other day and picked up a Gregories 4x4 survival guide for.......... Wait for it......... $1 Whoohoo

So check out ya local opp shops peeps, many a bargain to be found

threedogs
25th October 2012, 06:48 PM
OP shops are great shops to pick up some camp cooking gear, Cheap too

mudnut
9th November 2012, 09:15 AM
Matt at Terrain Tamer, (Don Kyatt Spare Parts) in 72 Roden st West Melbourne, was polite, knowledgable, and gave good advice. The goods were delivered within 3 days of the bank transfer being confirmed.:smiley_thumbs_up:

snewin
9th November 2012, 05:40 PM
Double thumbs up for Mill at Millweld. Can't say enough about the bloke or the product (snorkel).

Winnie
9th November 2012, 06:08 PM
Carline Mufflers in Warragul, went there today and didn't buy anything but the bloke spent the good part of half an hour giving me tips and advice.

MudRunnerTD
9th November 2012, 06:45 PM
John at Biders in Cranbourne. Great bloke supporting a good mate that is preparing for next years Cliffhanger event. Biders do great work, know GQs really well from mild to wild

cazzaritch
9th November 2012, 08:30 PM
Scott and Amanda of Southern Cross Trailers in Penrith are amazing. We ordered a custom made trailer from them, it was perfect and they have since taken the design and introduced it as a standard offering - The Tourer!
http://www.southern-cross-trailers.com.au

Lovely helpful people with fabulous products.

apalsson
7th March 2014, 11:55 AM
No positive feedback since November 2012?? .. Geez, we are a bunch that's hard to please :)

Anyhow, I wanted to put in a shameless plug for someone who has looked after me, well beyond what one could reasonably expect:
I wanted a set of 285/70R17 BFG A/T for my new Patrol and because these tyres are by no means cheap, I tried to shop around a bit.
With the two big Sydney tyre places parallel importing their own and dumping over the market at $350 - $360, I wanted to use that as leverage when I rang around.

My local shop didn't even want to discuss a price. They were running a special at $398 per tyre and when I asked if they would be able to match the $350 - I was given a fiery speech where I was told that Tempe Tyes and St George Tyres imported "seconds stock" where the thread came away from the tyre and all sorts of nonsense and there was no way they would even try to meet that price.
I gave it a thought and decided to buy the tyres anyway at the $398 but was then told they had to be ordered and I had to pay the full price upfront. I told them I'd give them my credit card number over the phone but they said no - I had to come into the shop and pay them in person. At this time, I figured I'd let them keep their tyres and go elsewhere.

Here is the good bit :)
Next, I called Jaxx Tyres in Lismore and ran the same argument if they could meet the $350. The guy tapped on his keyboard a little while and then came back apologizing that he couldn't meet that but offered me a price of $375 and told me that was the best he could do. When I accepted that and asked if he wanted a deposit to order the tyres, he said "no mate, just fix me up when you get here"
The tyres were fitted a few days later when I made it to Lismore. Professional, nice and friendly service!!
I'm going to Lismore again on friday for more tyres - obviously from the same store. This is where I will buy my kit in the future!! Big thumbs up for Jaxx Tyes in Lismore!!

SonOf
7th March 2014, 04:46 PM
The guys at Kingstone Auto Repairs (KAR) were great when my clutch decided to go just before Xmas last year. Cash was tight and the initial cost for the clutch was going to be crazy as there are only 2 main importers here and they milk it, even the owner of KAR was saying it was hard to get competative prices. I got on here and linked to Northern Brake & Clutch (NBC) to see if I could get one in. The guys at KAR were amazed to see that The retail cost from NBC was not far from what they were being charged from the supplier. Cut a long story short they did the clutchfor $100 more than their cost and labour was at cost as well and had it done 2 days before Xmas. Dropped in two cases of beer the next day for them as an added big thanks.

Kingston Auto Repairs
Four Wheel Drive Equipment & Accessories - Kingston, TAS
Unit 5/ 36 Mertonvale Cct, Kingston TAS 7050

Also the guys at Hobart TJM have been good and always willing to help

DX grunt
7th March 2014, 05:56 PM
I had a good experience with Donovan Nissan in Merredin WA.

I bought this relay for $40.05, and Nathan, the Sales dude, fitted it for me, filled it with electric 'sludge' and even tested the spotties for me. - after installation.

Well done, Donovan Nissan in Merredin!!!

Woof
7th March 2014, 06:36 PM
I always have a good experience at the Spearwood Tavern, they hear me coming so there is always a nice brand new cold box of beer waiting at the counter when I arrive.......can't ask for anything better than that

93patrol
7th March 2014, 08:09 PM
I had a good experience with Discount Auto Parts here in bunbury. Was looking for new tyres and found the Achilles muddies for $250 in Perth (2hours away). Saw Eddie Gobby the owner. He said he couldn't match the price but gave them to me for $270 each. Thought that was good of him.

AB
7th March 2014, 08:14 PM
Just got the Navara work car a full service all oils and filters and minor fix ups for $400.

Got recommended to this company in Lilydale right near work called total automotive in industrial drive Lilydale.

One man show but full service, oils, filters, radiator flush and little fix ups is not a bad price.

Might even take the patrol there!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Punderhead
7th March 2014, 09:19 PM
Merv keehn autos in toowoomba. I just had my patrol get a rwc there. When I picked it up they told me it was all good, aside from a short in the switch that had caused all the parking lights to blow.

He told me he had fixed it.

No worries, I said how much?

No charge, just the 70 bucks for the rwc!

Awesome guys, and they know what there on about.

Cheers

4bye4
21st July 2016, 06:31 PM
Bought a fuel pump for my Kia truck of this mob last year and am now getting a recon turbo for my Mercedes Vito work van. Will see how it goes, as they also do turbos for Patrols.
www.autopowerhouse.com.au

Dan02
5th August 2016, 02:56 AM
On and Off road Mechanical in Brendale

What can I say, this one place has sorted out my Patrol, if you have a front end wobble issue this is the place to go, sincere top people and excellent work, can't speak highly enough

http://www.onoff4x4.com/
3205 8488