PDA

View Full Version : New to 4wd!

Stew_ Heddles
20th October 2012, 11:02 PM
Hi all,
obviously need to introduce myself - I'm new to 4wd'ing and recently bought a 98 GU patrol 4.5l on duel fuel.
Loving the car but the immobiliser is doing my head in!
I can't seem to figure out a sequence or logical system to it. My wife bought it from a dealer though was not told how to use this.
It works sometimes first go and other times, 10min before it will even think about kicking.
Any help in this matter would be appreciated.
thanks
stew

MEGOMONSTER
20th October 2012, 11:05 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

Airstrike
20th October 2012, 11:06 PM
Hi Stew welcome aboard the forum and nice to have you. I dont know ssshhhhhhhhh%%$%$&ttt about immobilisers but someone may come to your resure shortly.

threedogs
20th October 2012, 11:31 PM
Hi mate and welcome not sure how many are online tonight, but great bunch of people here and plenty of info as well.
jump in anytime and enjoy. Evil twin or Yendor are who you seek for answers

megatexture
20th October 2012, 11:36 PM
Welcome to the forum mate , when you purchased the car did you get any sort of warranty for it? Id be taking it back and get them to show you how to operate it properly and if they cant have them remove it back to stock

choppie
21st October 2012, 01:43 AM
Welcome to the best forum on the planet Buddy, if you can't find the answer here you can't find it nowhere.

growler2058
21st October 2012, 05:28 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent via my tapping thumbs

PMC
21st October 2012, 08:37 AM
G'day mate,

Welcome aboard, i you find all the info you require!

Regards,

RLI

Dhuck
21st October 2012, 09:34 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bob
21st October 2012, 09:36 AM
Welcome to a fellow 98 4.5L GU owner.
Join in the conversations and enjoy the ride

wildgu6
21st October 2012, 07:19 PM
G'day Stew, Welcome aboard mate.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in, ask away and soak it all up. You will meet some top people.
Sorry Cant help on the immob'

Enjoy, cheers Pete

Greengu98
22nd October 2012, 09:11 AM
welcome to the boards man, i agree if it dont work or dont know how take it back and make them demonstrate :-)

lorrieandjas
22nd October 2012, 10:18 AM
Welcome to the forum! As a new member I can say that this forum is probably one of the best around - have been on a few and something I love about this forum is the absence of flames going on in messages. Do you have any idea what type of immobiliser is fitted?

2TROLLFAM
22nd October 2012, 10:58 AM
Howdy and Welcome !! As the others have said, there is a tonne of advice & experience to had from the members of this forum. Newbies to 4x4 (like me) and the experienced can learn ALOT The best part is if you want to ask a question remember "no question is dumb" and if you have the knowledge, don't forget to "share"

Join in and you'll have a blast !!

AB
22nd October 2012, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, if you don't get your answer here you should get a better response by asking questions in their sections as a lot of people don't read the introduction section.

oncedisturbed
22nd October 2012, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Is it a factory immobiliser or aftermarket? If aftermarket may pay to rip it out and put a new 1 in and the you know it works.

But as others have said, Yendor or ET will be your best info on it :)

Tap, Tap Taparoo

Maxhead
23rd October 2012, 05:35 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

mudski
23rd October 2012, 04:49 PM
Welcome mate. Have fun with all the advice you will get...

my third 256
24th October 2012, 06:52 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Diesel-Mate
24th October 2012, 07:11 AM
Change the battery in the centerall locking key for a start. I don't think much of imobolizers maybe get it removed and have a push button one hidden under your dash

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715a using Tapatalk 2

Bloodyaussie
24th October 2012, 08:49 AM
Welcome aboard mate..

healy
26th October 2012, 03:46 PM
Welcome to the forum mate