PDA

View Full Version : Rego $$

taslucas
20th October 2012, 11:16 AM
Hey I just paid my bike rego and my patrol rego. Im thinking, Damn this patrol rego is steep! But then i thought that tassie rego is probably a lot cheaper than most of the rest of Aus.
So how much does your patrol cost to rego in each state?

Mine was $620.20 for 12 months. GQ TB42.

growler2058
20th October 2012, 11:20 AM
$790 from memory for 12 mths

nissannewby
20th October 2012, 11:22 AM
nearly $870 a year for a 6 cyl patrol in QLD

taslucas
$790 from memory for 12 mths

ouch!

Is there much price difference for the different engine types?

taslucas
nearly $870 a year for a 6 cyl patrol in qld

ouch!!!!!!!!!!

nissannewby
20th October 2012, 11:23 AM
sorry just checked the receipt $859.10 :)

nissannewby
ouch!!!!!!!!!!

Yep and I have 3 :(

taslucas
sorry just checked the receipt $859.10 :)

still very OUCH!!!

taslucas
20th October 2012, 11:25 AM
Yep and I have 3 :(

ive heard that in the UK you only have one rego no matter how many cars. The way they see it is that you can only drive one at a time which makes a lot of sense. Maybe one of our UK members may be able to confirm this??

nissannewby
20th October 2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah it sucks we pay a lot of rego and dont get to see much for it. They were talking about upping it but im glad they put a stop to that.

nissannewby
20th October 2012, 11:28 AM
ouch!

Is there much price difference for the different engine types?

In QLD its just over $600 for a 4 cyl, $860 for a 6 cyl and arond $1150 for a V8.

taslucas
20th October 2012, 11:32 AM
My XR400 rego is 553.50 While its probably still low compared to other states i think it is stupid thats its only 70 odd bucks cheaper than a near 3 tonne petrol guzzling 6cylinder 4wd.

taslucas
20th October 2012, 11:33 AM
In QLD its just over $600 for a 4 cyl, $860 for a 6 cyl and arond $1150 for a V8.

is that just for 4wds? or any vehicle with those engine types?

nissannewby
20th October 2012, 12:35 PM
Any vehicle with those engine types. For private vehicles it is based on the number of cylinders. Although bikes are cheaper to rego up here than you have quoted. My dads GSXR1000 is around $500 a year.

taslucas
20th October 2012, 12:46 PM
4wds are more than a sedan here eg; a 6cyl 4wd is more than a 6cyl sedan. Cant believe how much my bike rego is. The bigger the bike, the more you pay for rego here and mines only a 400 road trail.

EDIT: i just found out its changed from november 1st

NissanGQ4.2
20th October 2012, 12:48 PM
I pay mine every 6 months which is $231 for a 4.2 EFI. I prefer to do it every 6 months rather than come up with all the $$$ in one hit every year. I assume you are referring to Rego only and not compulsory third party as well. I assume all other states have some type of compulsory 3rd party insurance???

I love how motor bikes, cars, 4wd, trucks etc.... have to pay a rego each year and get inspected yet push bike riders that ride on the road pay nothing and no inspections! They believe they should be on the road and have every right as any other road user but don't believe they should pay a rego.

megatexture
20th October 2012, 12:57 PM
I know in barbados push bikes have to pay rego and have plates on also.i think they should or better yet get off the road

taslucas
20th October 2012, 01:05 PM
I just figured out that the price has gone up as of november 1st. Still not as high as you guys up north!
It seems that it only matters what size engine now, no different for 4wd/sedan etc.

Class "A" Light Vehicles
Calculation of Fees for 3 Cylinder Class "A" Vehicles: $573.20
Calculation of Fees for Rotary, Electric & 4 Cylinder Class "A" Vehicles: $590.20
Calculation of Fees for 5 & 6 Cylinder Class "A" Vehicles: $620.20
Calculation of Fees for 7 & 8 Cylinder Class "A" Vehicles: $675.20
Calculation of Fees for 12 Cylinder Class "A" Vehicles: $700.20

Other Vehicles with GVM >= 3t and <= 4.5t
Calculation of Fees for 4 Cylinder Utility GVM 3.5t: $700.20
(no listing for a 6cylinder ute!?)
Calculation of Fees for 8 Cylinder Flat Tray GVM 3.8t: $776.20

Motor Cycles
Calculation of Fees for a Bike equal to or less than 125 CC: $300.20
Calculation of Fees for Bike over 125 CC: $570.20

But one good thing about the changes is if you need to put a vehicle over the pits to register it, then it only adds around $12 to the rego price. We dont have to pit pass vehicles every rego here.

.................................................. ....................................

Winnie
20th October 2012, 01:05 PM
No option to pay 6 monthly in Vic unless you have a health care card. Mine cost me either 600 or 700 I can't remember. Depends on how many seats (though my 7 seater is same price as a 5 seater) and where you live.

DIAL-A-TAP

NissanGQ4.2
20th October 2012, 01:11 PM
I know in barbados push bikes have to pay rego and have plates on also.i think they should or better yet get off the road

had to look that one up *L* and so they should be, as should any other push bike rider that rides on a public road

NissanGQ4.2
20th October 2012, 01:13 PM
We dont have to pit pass vehicles every rego here. So when does the vehicle get inspected and how often if you don't do it every year with rego?

taslucas
20th October 2012, 01:16 PM
here is the break down of a 6cylinder class "A" vehicle (my GQ TB42)

Registration Fee $82.20

Road Safety Levy $25.00

**Motor Tax $149.00

MAIB Premium Paid (inc $20.00 duty) $364.00 this is our compulsory third party insurance and injury/hospital cover

Registration Plates $19.40

Total: New Registration (no inspection) & New or Re-registration (inspection conducted by Approved Inspection Station) $639.60

Total: Renewal (no inspect & no plates) $620.20

growler2058
20th October 2012, 01:21 PM
So when does the vehicle get inspected and how often if you don't do it every year with rego?

No such thing in SA either, only time you go to the pits is if the law defects you, you want to put a motor in that the vehicle didnt come with (bigger than a 5ltr into a lx torana otherwise no check just change the eng number on the rego papers), or youre changing plates from interstate, even then its just a vehicle ID check

taslucas
20th October 2012, 01:21 PM
So when does the vehicle get inspected and how often if you don't do it every year with rego?

If you keep paying rego, it never has to go over the pits:):):)

The police and transport inspectors sometimes set up vehicle and licence checks (just like random breatho). They are typically just a walk around the car and a visual inspection of tyres etc. You dont even have to do anything like turn lights on or foot on break. Only takes them 1 minute. If theres something on your car that doesnt pass then you will get a defect sticker and have to report to a licencensed inpection station to get it fixed within a date or your car will be unrego'd.

Its BLOODY AWESOME isnt it!?

Winnie
20th October 2012, 01:26 PM
Yep same way over here too.

DIAL-A-TAP

Clunk
20th October 2012, 02:05 PM
ive heard that in the UK you only have one rego no matter how many cars. The way they see it is that you can only drive one at a time which makes a lot of sense. Maybe one of our UK members may be able to confirm this??

I wouldn't have thought so Lucas and certainly wasn't the case when I was there......... all vehicles must be taxed (regoed), MOT'd (passed roadworthy) every year and insured to be legal on the UK roads..... used to be a flat rate no matter what type of car you drove but now I believe its dependant on CO2 emissions but dont quote me on that.

Can't remember what my rego was here, have to try and find the paperwork. But its between 600 & 700 I think

NissanGQ4.2
20th October 2012, 02:17 PM
If you keep paying rego, it never has to go over the pits:):):)

The police and transport inspectors sometimes set up vehicle and licence checks (just like random breatho). They are typically just a walk around the car and a visual inspection of tyres etc. You dont even have to do anything like turn lights on or foot on break. Only takes them 1 minute. If theres something on your car that doesnt pass then you will get a defect sticker and have to report to a licencensed inpection station to get it fixed within a date or your car will be unrego'd.

Its BLOODY AWESOME isnt it!?

No such thing in SA either, only time you go to the pits is if the law defects you, you want to put a motor in that the vehicle didnt come with (bigger than a 5ltr into a lx torana otherwise no check just change the eng number on the rego papers), or youre changing plates from interstate, even then its just a vehicle ID check

You guys have it so easy, ours has to be inspected yearly, does not have to be passed at an RTA but an authorised mechanic / service station. Not to say that we don't have dodgy authorised mechanics that will still pass a vehicle that is not road worthy.

Clunk
20th October 2012, 02:40 PM
You guys have it so easy, ours has to be inspected yearly, does not have to be passed at an RTA but an authorised mechanic / service station. Not to say that we don't have dodgy authorised mechanics that will still pass a vehicle that is not road worthy.

Id prefer to have it that way too, might help to get some of those death traps off the road that I see over here.......... we're the same as Lucas and growlers, as long as you keep the rego up, you don't go over the pits.... unless you get a defect notice from the fuzz...

Winnie
20th October 2012, 03:16 PM
Yeah I wish that we had to get more often inspections.

threedogs
20th October 2012, 03:43 PM
Just got a health card but rego not due for a while, it all helps,
With these prices we should be driving on concrete roads not crap
that needs repairing every 3 months, just look at all those traffic controll companies ATM

Clunk
20th October 2012, 03:51 PM
They should remove the third party insurance out of the rego, why the hell am I paying for two lots of insurance, especially when I have fully comp............. remove it from the rego and make it compulsaryto have full comp for all drivers

threedogs
20th October 2012, 05:17 PM
How do injured people get treatment etc, isn't that what 3rd party is for

Clunk
20th October 2012, 05:45 PM
How do injured people get treatment etc, isn't that what 3rd party is for

Fully comp covers everything, covers you, your car, and the third party........ So all I'm saying is, get rid of that aspect from the rego, then make fully comp a compulsory requirement

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Woof
20th October 2012, 05:54 PM
Got my renewal yesterday, $616.60 for 12 months or 322.65 for 6 months.

nissannewby
20th October 2012, 11:28 PM
Inspection wise its the same as SA and Vic. Need a roadworthy when purchasing a car then thats it just keep paying rego. As with the other states its only if the authorites send you to the pits you have to go and thats only if they issue you with a defect notice. You can get minor defects up here but its only a fine and 1 point. Its only if they stipulate and give you the form you have to go to transport.

threedogs
20th October 2012, 11:36 PM
You should see some of the crap people drive down here, mainly old tradie style utes, crabbing up the road, probably no reg on most as just work local. their funeral

choppie
20th October 2012, 11:49 PM
Yeah, agrea with 3dogs, up here only need inspection when selling, b...sh.t. In NZ they have to go over the pits every 6mths.