PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the radio

willmalmott
20th October 2012, 11:05 AM
Hey everybody, my name's Mal & I've just joined the site.
I've got an '01 GU Patrol which I'm attempting replace the original radio/cd player with a Sony.
Was wondering if anybody knows if there are any adaptors for the wiring to go into the back of the new player

the evil twin
20th October 2012, 11:25 AM
Hey everybody, my name's Mal & I've just joined the site.
I've got an '01 GU Patrol which I'm attempting replace the original radio/cd player with a Sony.
Was wondering if anybody knows if there are any adaptors for the wiring to go into the back of the new player

Sure is... 99% chance you will need two. One for the Head Unit wiring and one for the diversity antenna.

Any of the better Car Stereo joints like Alberts etc will stock Aerpro harness adapters (Sony to Patrol) and will cost about $15 to $20 each. Lots better than cutting and crimping/soldering.

Supercheap etc also have them but mainly for more common vehicles, Commodores et al but you could try if you like.

Dhuck
20th October 2012, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

MEGOMONSTER
20th October 2012, 03:25 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Yeeleh, my car won't start. Woop woop woop woop.
Bro, My car won't start.

healy
20th October 2012, 03:45 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Steve200b
20th October 2012, 05:17 PM
Welcome. Lots of good info in here

TimE
20th October 2012, 09:50 PM
Wlecome.

For a GU IV built in 2005 the adapters I bought from Repco were Double diverysity lead Aerpro AP 348A ($12.99) to convert the Nissan aerial lead to "normal" male aerial plug and an ISO adapter APP0120 ($14.99).

wildgu6
21st October 2012, 07:15 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people.

Enjoy, cheers Pete

Irvs
21st October 2012, 09:41 PM
Just replaced my head unit with a Sony 7 inch touchscreen and wish the previous owner had used adapters, took me a couple of hours to figure out what was what and solder it all up, can I just say never use more crimps or line taps than you need to. Solder is best when it comes to low voltage electrics.

The brand your looking fir is Aerpro, they do all sorts of adapters

Welcome to the forum and good luck

Greengu98
22nd October 2012, 09:08 AM
welcome man, i replaced mine, i got a nissan iso plug and a plug to suit the alpine.. so all plug and play.. will also need a antenna adapter

2TROLLFAM
22nd October 2012, 10:57 AM
Howdy and Welcome !! As the others have said, there is a tonne of advice & experience to had from the members of this forum. Newbies to 4x4 (like me) and the experienced can learn ALOT The best part is if you want to ask a question remember "no question is dumb" and if you have the knowledge, don't forget to "share"

Join in and you'll have a blast !!

Maxhead
23rd October 2012, 05:32 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

my third 256
28th October 2012, 04:57 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen