PDA

View Full Version : Y62 - Compressor mount help

dachopper
20th October 2012, 01:49 AM
Hey guys,

I have a Y62 patrol, and am looking to mount a small ARB compressor in the large area between the radiator and the front grill.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the grill off, I have tried undoing all of the round studs ( about 16 of them ) on the top and on the bottom centre portion of the grill.

I can see two funny square head plastic bolts holding the grill on near the headlights - but in the engine bay or undernieth, you cannot access the outer portion of the grill, only the centre portion.

should it be a case of one square bolt at each end is holding about 1 - 2 feet of grill on ( before it gets to the centre section where all the top and bottom round studs are ) - or would there be more mounts next to the headlights that I have to undo?

How do I get the square headed shaped bolts out? there is a very small whole, and even after I twist them, they don't seem to be freeing up?

Thanks Guys - any help is appreciated, the dealers here don't speak english.

Nick

oilpond
20th October 2012, 02:41 AM
Not sure i follow you and wonder why not just mount it in the bay?

threedogs
20th October 2012, 05:53 AM
With oilpond here, most if not all have mounted the compressor in the engine bay in front of
the passenger. Might need to fab a few brackets to suit the compressor too

my third 256
20th October 2012, 07:54 AM
push a small pin in the hole to release the pin

MudRunnerTD
20th October 2012, 08:55 AM
push a small pin in the hole to release the pin

Don't you hate it when it's that simple!!

Where abouts are you OP?

MudRunnerTD
20th October 2012, 09:00 AM
I just had a look at your activity to see where you are.

Bud could I get you to head over to the Intro section and post up an introduction and let the member get to know you.

Where you are in the world and maybe some pics of your car. It would be appreciated

Note NOONE in Australia has seen the Y62 yet so only some pics will really help. Note we don't even really know what engine we will get here when it finally arrives next year??? Maybe a V8 but NOT the one you have! Go figure!

dachopper
21st October 2012, 01:03 AM
I just had a look at your activity to see where you are.

Bud could I get you to head over to the Intro section and post up an introduction and let the member get to know you.

Where you are in the world and maybe some pics of your car. It would be appreciated

Note NOONE in Australia has seen the Y62 yet so only some pics will really help. Note we don't even really know what engine we will get here when it finally arrives next year??? Maybe a V8 but NOT the one you have! Go figure!

Hello again, the pin in the pin... lol.

I am an Aussie working in Saudi Arabia, i did post something in the intro section before I bough the car a few weeks back.... there ain't much help as not many pple / maybe any pple on here have them.

one of my mates who swears by deisel land cruisers also had a drive on it, and couldn't believe the power..... unbeatable !

Mine is the 400HP petrol V8, 120 Litre tank, and I get about 800 - 1000 kms a tank transit driving. :)

my third 256
21st October 2012, 01:14 AM
push a small little metal pin in the hole and push the plastic pin that is in the center of the stud to release the locking tabs at the back of the stud

dachopper
21st October 2012, 01:25 AM
copied. I will give that a go, I am not 100%, but from what i could see of the square bolt head, it's a normal flat head screwdriver from side to side, should there be a recess in the centre to push the pin in?