PDA

View Full Version : Winning story

krbrooking
19th October 2012, 09:44 PM
Hey all just wanted to put it out there that I won a set of hid spotties for sending a story into a mag for a out trip from Perth to melb, so as soon as I get them and fit them I will post some pics.

threedogs
19th October 2012, 10:14 PM
You lucky bugger you, well done. I couldn't win a chook raffle

megatexture
19th October 2012, 10:35 PM
congrats mate gotta be happy with that!

what mag ? scan and post up the article if or when its printed so we can all have a read:wink:

MEGOMONSTER
19th October 2012, 10:59 PM
Well done, always pays to enter. You just never know your luck in the big smoke.

Yeeleh, my car won't start. Woop woop woop woop.
Bro, My car won't start.

oncedisturbed
19th October 2012, 11:57 PM
If it was the 1 am thinking of it would be 4wda action as there was a trip report on it, was a good read with great pics but knowing me I have probably got the wrong trip.

Was it you and Dad that went across the bottom end?

Tap, Tap Taparoo

04OFF
20th October 2012, 12:36 AM
congrats mate gotta be happy with that!

what mag ? scan and post up the article if or when its printed so we can all have a read:wink:

x2 please :biggrin:

Jock
20th October 2012, 09:42 AM
Well done. Post pics !

The BigFella
20th October 2012, 10:25 AM
awesome dude, well done! Love reading stories of past trips and adventures,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

krbrooking
20th October 2012, 02:06 PM
If it was the 1 am thinking of it would be 4wda action as there was a trip report on it, was a good read with great pics but knowing me I have probably got the wrong trip.

Was it you and Dad that went across the bottom end?

Tap, Tap Taparoo

Yeh mate you are right on both accounts. Once I have the mag I will scan it and try and figure out how to upload it and once I get the spoties and have them on I will chuck some up.

healy
20th October 2012, 05:38 PM
Good stuff you can fit them to my 4b if you would like lol

krbrooking
20th October 2012, 05:58 PM
Good stuff you can fit them to my 4b if you would like lol
Is that the towing fee for the last day we went out... lol., Yeh i cant wait to get them. I'm not sure where to put the older craper one's as i eventually want a winch capable bar and the will mount some on the lower part and on the top. I could out them on my roof rack but not sure if i want such big spotties sticking all the way out in the open, I'm sure I will figure it out I even thought of make a rear support for behind the spare wheel and use my exixsting pencil beem for in between the two new ones but that depneds on if the new ones are only spotties or one of each.

healy
21st October 2012, 01:01 PM
Is that the towing fee for the last day we went out... lol., Yeh i cant wait to get them. I'm not sure where to put the older craper one's as i eventually want a winch capable bar and the will mount some on the lower part and on the top. I could out them on my roof rack but not sure if i want such big spotties sticking all the way out in the open, I'm sure I will figure it out I even thought of make a rear support for behind the spare wheel and use my exixsting pencil beem for in between the two new ones but that depneds on if the new ones are only spotties or one of each.
See to many decisions now just leave them in the box and ill find a spot on my car for them

krbrooking
25th October 2012, 07:06 PM
This is the pic and story that was featured, I hope the link has worked. Still waiting to receive the lights though, hopefully i get them before the weekend away on the 17th so i can show them off.

Winnie
25th October 2012, 07:08 PM
linky no worky mate, looks like you've tried to attach an email?

krbrooking
25th October 2012, 07:22 PM
sorry ppl try now.

Bloodyaussie
25th October 2012, 07:24 PM
Works fine mate.. it is a PDF!!!

Oh and .... You lucky lucky bastard !! (from the Life of Brian)

Winnie
25th October 2012, 07:27 PM
All good, nice story made me laugh lol.

rusty_nail
25th October 2012, 07:28 PM
lucky bugger! congrats mate

krbrooking
25th October 2012, 07:38 PM
Sweet I must be getting the hang of this mac thing far out you just bout need a degree to work these things out.

rusty_nail
25th October 2012, 07:41 PM
Sweet I must be getting the hang of this mac thing far out you just bout need a degree to work these things out.

haha not to hijack your thread but if you need any help with the mac let me know, im always happy to help people out, especially a good forum member

krbrooking
25th October 2012, 07:56 PM
haha not to hijack your thread but if you need any help with the mac let me know, im always happy to help people out, especially a good forum member
Thanks heaps man, much appreciated.

krbrooking
10th November 2012, 03:37 PM
G'day all got my spoties earlier this week, was hoping to get them on this weekend but found out my wheel bearing have gone so have to spend the weekend doing them as have to make sure they are done before the meet next weekend if I get a chance will put them on and take some pics and post them.

MEGOMONSTER
10th November 2012, 05:11 PM
G'day all got my spoties earlier this week, was hoping to get them on this weekend but found out my wheel bearing have gone so have to spend the weekend doing them as have to make sure they are done before the meet next weekend if I get a chance will put them on and take some pics and post them.

Better get cracking. You don't have long.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

krbrooking
11th November 2012, 07:25 PM
Ok got the bearings done but did not get a chance to do the lights, as soon as I get them on will post the picks

krbrooking
2nd December 2012, 10:02 PM
Have finally found spare few min to fit the new spotties and put the sticker on, they both came up well. The lights give off a decent beam, i did not think they were going to be to good as the housing does not seem to be to good a quality, shall see how they go. I still have to fit the old pencil beam in the mid on the top bar but have to wait for the father in-law to make up a bracket so I can mount it on there.

P.S sorry the one pic is so small but that is the biggest one it would let me load.

mudski
2nd December 2012, 10:56 PM
The pic with the lights doesn't work mate. Also throw the Mac in the bin and use something better suited. I'll just get my flame suit on and duck for cover...
Good story too btw.

krbrooking
3rd December 2012, 09:16 AM
Will jump on photo bucket and post them that way.