PDA

View Full Version : RD28ETI missing under load

racebred32
18th October 2012, 07:41 PM
Hey guys
recently purchased a patrol and it was all good for about a month or so and one day it just started slightly missing under load intermittly. Then it didnt do it again for another 2 weeks and did it again going up a hill. Now it is doing it abit when i take off from work when its cold, and going up the hill on the way home it just misses every day now its giving me the shits. Iv blocked the egr valve after it started happening and iv replaced the fuel filter and tried a diesel additive but getting worse. Im Yet to clean the Air flow meter and check the tps, but could also could be injectors and fuel pump or even worse the heads cracked buts it not using any water or the cooling system isnt pressurising. It gets good fuel economny between 11 - 12 L per 100 going to work. Iv always put bp ultimate diesel in it but tried the servo next to where i work(regular bp) incase its bad fuel. So basically everything i know i have covered so if anyone has seen this issue would be ausome for some feedback.
Thanks
Michael

threedogs
18th October 2012, 08:06 PM
Hi mate you would you mind popping over to the intro section and telling us a bit abut yourself and ride.
Just something the forum asks of everyone ,so we know a bit about you, you'll find you'll get a better response to.

There is a fuel pump mod for these motors not sure if thats your prob. someone will be along shortly to confirm the mod

racebred32
21st October 2012, 06:07 PM
some days it wont do it at all, its frustrating! no engine lights no nothing. Anyone experienced these problems?

thanks
michael

P4trol
21st October 2012, 11:42 PM
I don't have your answer, but a few more questions that may help other people help you.

Any engine codes put up?

Does it happen at a particular rev range, speed? A particular steepness of hill?

Temperature: Does it do it when it is warm, as well as cold?

Boost guage: Do you have one, and how does it look?

Previous owner... If the previous owner is friendly, they may be able to hint at what it could be.

Being a mechanic, I know you would have checked the obvious stuff under the bonnet.

racebred32
24th October 2012, 09:55 PM
So i ended up pluging the scan tool into her, Had a air flow meter code. So checked all the b/s wiring and that came back all good. Ordered a part yesterday and fitted it today and has stopped so far. So fingers crossed, if you have issues with a 2.8 lacking power and missing under loads eg hills, check your afm :)

thanks

michael

Smokey2.8
1st November 2012, 08:59 PM
So i ended up pluging the scan tool into her, Had a air flow meter code. So checked all the b/s wiring and that came back all good. Ordered a part yesterday and fitted it today and has stopped so far. So fingers crossed, if you have issues with a 2.8 lacking power and missing under loads eg hills, check your afm :)

thanks

michael

Hi Michael,
Did you check the voltage readings if the air flow meter before changing?

Cheers
Adam