PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy SMS

growler2058
16th October 2012, 07:30 PM
Got a shonky SMS overnight obviously dodgy hopefully no one would get sucked in by this

Am Hassan, I need your assistance and partnership in investing a certain amount of money belonging to a client.Email me for more details. hassan5@blabla
I responded F$&k off but it didn't go through. So I rang and got a message bank for some heavily accented so n so but it was full so I couldn't leave another friendly message. I'm not gunna email and give the wanker my email

Sent via my tapping thumbs

Winnie
16th October 2012, 07:36 PM
I've gotten two in two days!

"www.freelotto.com
Conrats!
You won:£720,000
For claims Email your full name and mobile number
to redeem your prize via: freelot4all@live.com"

Not the first time I've received that one, and

"YOU WON $1 MILLION AUD ON SHELL SOUTH AFRICA PETROLEUM DRAW. REF NO: B2K. CONTACT DAVID COLE, EMAIL: shell@oileurouk.com OR +27825568274"

AB
16th October 2012, 07:37 PM
Funny...I got that exact one this morning too around 7am.

It's always someone with money wanting a stranger to invest it for them...lol

Winnie
16th October 2012, 07:38 PM
Mine was at 12:43am last night, they're lucky it didn't wake me up or there'd be hell to pay!

Maxhead
16th October 2012, 07:39 PM
I never win or get any money but some of those Russian brides are cheap ;)

taslucas
16th October 2012, 07:45 PM
I like the ones that tell me ive won in the apple uk iphone comp.... Im not in the uk, ive never owned any apple products and ill NEVER get an iphone lol.

A guy at work gets 3-4 telemarketing calls on his mobile per week! Ive never had one..... Makes you wonder where they get the numbers

growler2058
16th October 2012, 07:47 PM
Mine was at 12:43am last night, they're lucky it didn't wake me up or there'd be hell to pay!

I got mine at 00:49 last night but put me phone on aeroplane mode, ive had the lotto win ones recently also, spewin i couldnt respont to the #$%@ but im not giving him my email

AB
16th October 2012, 07:49 PM
I like the ones that tell me ive won in the apple uk iphone comp.... Im not in the uk, ive never owned any apple products and ill NEVER get an iphone lol.

A guy at work gets 3-4 telemarketing calls on his mobile per week! Ive never had one..... Makes you wonder where they get the numbers

I remember back in the 90's I filled out a free raffle for a trip to somewhere at our local fish n chip shop. I put our family home number for the contact (pre mobile/email days).

We got absolutely hammered by telemarketers for a solid few years after that...LMAO....The old lady got the wooden spoon out for that one!!!

growler2058
16th October 2012, 07:49 PM
I never win or get any money but some of those Russian brides are cheap ;)

Gotta watch those girls mate theyve got good knife skills hahahahahhaha

taslucas
16th October 2012, 07:50 PM
I remember back in the 90's I filled out a free raffle for a trip to somewhere at our local fish n chip shop. I put our family home number for the contact (pre mobile/email days).

We got absolutely hammered by telemarketers for a solid few years after that...LMAO....The old lady got the wooden spoon out for that one!!!

haha nice. Sounds like the local fish shop made a bit of profit outta selling numbers!

Winnie
16th October 2012, 07:53 PM
Hey I'll respond to them on my work email tomorrow, see what happens.

taslucas
16th October 2012, 08:00 PM

hahahhaha nice, what are they gonna do? fire you?? lol

growler2058
16th October 2012, 08:13 PM

Go ya halves in anything ya can scam outa them :-) hahahahahahha

Winnie
17th October 2012, 11:44 AM

Just done this now, now time to wait!

macca
17th October 2012, 12:01 PM
You guys are lucky, my email has a junk file where most of them land.

There was 17 this morning, normally there is alot more.

ANZ bank is the latest, I dont even bank with them!

Just opened the inbox, another from ANZ and Nancy fron Kenya needs my help!!!!!!!

Edit, realise these are SMS, same thing different landing pad :hijacked:

Winnie
17th October 2012, 12:01 PM
These ones were SMS mate on the phones.

growler2058
17th October 2012, 12:07 PM
You guys are lucky, my email has a junk file where most of them land.

There was 17 this morning, normally there is alot more.

ANZ bank is the latest, I dont even bank with them!

Just opened the inbox, another from ANZ and Nancy fron Kenya needs my help!!!!!!!

Poor nancy hahahahahahaha got a few blokes on site that are nancys

macca
17th October 2012, 01:06 PM
Running our business requires filling in all sorts of forms giving details that make me question privacy or unrestricted use of the contacts in particular, then theres advertising, invoicing, and general promotion of what we do.

Thats just work not pleasure activities and family stuff.

Some one some where must be collating all of these details and using them or on selling.

We have no chance of fighting it.

It would be so easy to ID steal me as what is out there would be very convincing if all put togeather.

So SMS and E-mails are easy targets and if you are not carefull it could lead to all sorts of strife.

Then theres Telemarketers, but thats been discussed on another thread somewhere here.

jack
17th October 2012, 01:22 PM
I've avoided SMS so far but getting plenty of emails that the spam filter doesn't detect.
We rent out a holiday house at Apollo Bay and the latest one is an agent acting for some 'clients'.
They never query the 'terms and conditions' and always offer to pay including 'travel insurance' direct to me. As they don't have a banking relationship with their 'client' could I please refund the 'travel insurance' direct to them.
Always overseas 'clients' and the poor spelling is a dead give away. Occasionally I play them along for a while, you would be amazed what they agree to.

Cheers

my third 256
17th October 2012, 02:45 PM
Funny...I got that exact one this morning too around 7am.

It's always someone with money wanting a stranger to invest it for them...lol
just got mine 2 days straight ina row

Woof
18th October 2012, 01:00 AM
I won 2 million yesterday via SMS, just had to give the nice people my bank account number........told my boss to shove his job and walked out......wonder how long it will take them to deposit it in my account...LOL

growler2058
18th October 2012, 04:46 AM
Woo hoo doggy you'll be able to have the fanciest GQ on the planet well done

Winnie
18th October 2012, 07:52 AM
Here's the response I got from one of them

SHELL PETROLEUM SOUTH AFRICA 2012 PROMO
DEPARTMENT OF AWARD CONFIRMATION.

Dear: Winner,

This is in response to your winning reference number B2K forwarded to this office for claiming of your winning prize. We have verified the computerized system and confirmed that you are the grand prize winner of $1,000,000.00 (ONE MILLION AUD) and the sum is still unclaimed with your cell phone number.

WE KNOW YOU WILL BE WONDERING WHY YOU RECEIVED AN SMS FROM SHELL PETROLEUM WITHOUT BUYING ANY TICKET. NO TICKET WAS SOLD, WE GOT AN APPROVAL FROM AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT TO COLLECT SEVEN MILLION MOBILE TELEPHONE NUMBERS FROM YOUR GLOBAL SERVICE PROVIDER, THE LOTTO WAS CONDUCTED HERE IN SOUTH AFRICA, AS CELL PHONE NUMBERS WAS RANDOMLY SELECTED, WHICH YOUR MOBILE NUMBER HAPPENED TO BE AMONG THE THREE LUCKY NUMBERS THAT WON $1,000,000.00 (ONE MILLION AUD) EACH. I CHECKED IN OUR DATABASE AND FOUND OUT THAT YOU ARE THE ONLY WINNER THAT THE PRIZE MONEY IS STILL UNCLAIMED, AS THE TWO OTHER WINNERS ALREADY RECEIVED THEIR OWN LAST WEEK. YOUR NUMBERS WAS THE LAST WINNING NUMBER THAT WAS WHY YOU WERE THE LAST TO BE NOTIFIED.

We wish to inform you that before we commence with your payment, our headquarters requires that we make verifications before transferring your prize money to you.

In view of the aforesaid; for your paperwork to be processed and for your payment to be effected, you are expected to provide the following information immediately:

Here are the information we need:

Date:
Your Full Name:
Reference NO:
Winning Cellphone No:
Your home or office address:
Business Name/Company Name:
Phone and fax number:

For security reasons, do not disclose your winning information to anyone for now pending when your prize money will be paid to you in full to avoid any unscrupulous activities. You have to strictly adhere to this instruction because we have had cases in the past were some of our winners complained of someone else claiming their prize.

On behalf of Shell Petroleum South Africa 2012 Promo, we all are congratulating you once again.

Kind Regards
MR DAVID COLE.
PROCESSING DEPARTMENT
SHELL PETROLEUM.
+27825568274

Bigrig
18th October 2012, 08:03 AM
Ooh ooh ooh ... can I respond??? lmao

The thing that gets me is the only reason these people can continue to exist is that suckers out there actually respond and get ripped off! Are humans really that dumb?? Obviously are coz if you google it, it's like a $100 Million business of people getting stitched up every year ...

Winnie
18th October 2012, 08:14 AM
Haven't responded yet so think of all the fake names you can.

my third 256
18th October 2012, 08:15 AM
just got an email
Am miss Alisa Ivan am single looking for a serious relationship that can lead to marriage,do contact me Asap
i wont put up link as it mst be bogus

Winnie
18th October 2012, 08:16 AM
You're in mate!!!!

Bigrig
18th October 2012, 08:26 AM
just got an email
Am miss Alisa Ivan am single looking for a serious relationship that can lead to marriage,do contact me Asap
i wont put up link as it mst be bogus

I would normally have responded to that ... until she/he/it on the other end of the email used that fateful word ... "serious" ...

I mean really?? Serious?? You're coming from overseas trying to hook up a green card (or whatever we call it). Is it not obvious that once here, there's no chance nor time to be taken seriously ... between all the cleaning, mowing, yard maintenance, running the kids to and from school, running errands, cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner, etc, etc??

Serious?? Ptoiii (spitting sound - lol) ... now if they had said something like "looking for manual labour role at low cost to you and will sleep in swag out in shed (after I finish tidying it up on a daily basis), with no strings or attachments other than my absolute commitment to your every command" ... now that would stop and make you think!! lmao

choppie
21st October 2012, 01:14 AM
I would normally have responded to that ... until she/he/it on the other end of the email used that fateful word ... "serious" ...

I mean really?? Serious?? You're coming from overseas trying to hook up a green card (or whatever we call it). Is it not obvious that once here, there's no chance nor time to be taken seriously ... between all the cleaning, mowing, yard maintenance, running the kids to and from school, running errands, cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner, etc, etc??

Serious?? Ptoiii (spitting sound - lol) ... now if they had said something like "looking for manual labour role at low cost to you and will sleep in swag out in shed (after I finish tidying it up on a daily basis), with no strings or attachments other than my absolute commitment to your every command" ... now that would stop and make you think!! lmao

Then I would know you were bull shifting me Scotty Hehaw hehaw.LMFAO

chester
21st October 2012, 08:43 AM
Got a shonky SMS overnight obviously dodgy hopefully no one would get sucked in by this

Am Hassan, I need your assistance and partnership in investing a certain amount of money belonging to a client.Email me for more details. hassan5@blabla
I responded F$&k off but it didn't go through. So I rang and got a message bank for some heavily accented so n so but it was full so I couldn't leave another friendly message. I'm not gunna email and give the wanker my email

Sent via my tapping thumbsMy wife got that at about 0230 the other night.I have'nt had any email ones but ive the windows maintance department ones had 6 in one day after days of abusing them, i changed my ways and started to tell them that i was" recording this phone call and it will be passed onto the fedral police who are looking into this matter".
They hang up 99% of the time. My wife did this and the guy said that he was recording the call because she "has a sexy voice" she said thanks now ill do you for sexual harresment LOL then hungup.

the ferret
21st October 2012, 12:05 PM
You should never respond to those SMS's or TEXTS, your info will then be in their hands and you will lose out big time.
Just by replying, that's all they need.
Cheers, the ferret.

mudski
21st October 2012, 07:52 PM
I have a folder in my email client named "Im Rich!!!". Whenever i get an email saying I have won millions or inherited millions etc etc I chuck them into this folder with the intent of counting how much i have won. Been doing it since 2010 and haven't counted my winnings yet as there is simply too many emails to count...

the ferret
21st October 2012, 07:59 PM
Why can't they just Paypal me 2mill, then ask me to put half in a suitcase and give it to them when they get here, simple as that!!?
Cheers, the ferret.

my third 256
17th November 2012, 05:52 AM
just got this one rfom ato
After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity we have discovered that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of $210.75 AUD. Kindly complete the tax refund request and allow 6-9 working days to process it.

A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons. For example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline.

To access the form for your tax refund, please visit:

Important note about your online refund:

For security reasons, we will record your ip-address, the date and time. Deliberate wrong inputs are criminally pursued and persecuted.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Encryption

Extended Validation Secure Socket Layer, or EVSSL for short, means that our site has undergone many rigorous checks to confirm its validity, and has been provided with a 'certificate of authenticity' which can be recognised by your browser.

Sincerely,

Australian Taxation Office (ATO)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© Copyright 2012 © Australian Taxation Office. All rights reserved.

i havent done a tax return for 6 years so what the ???????????????

Lonicus
17th November 2012, 06:35 AM
Might want to remove the link mate so nobody clicks on it.

Dodgy sites can install viruses, key loggers and that sort of thing on your PC just by visiting the site.

macca86
17th November 2012, 07:20 AM
I got a text at 3am on Thursday saying I won 2000000 usd from a UK lottery you'd be stupid to open/ click those links. Also id feel ripped off winning 2m usd what's that worth nothing to our dollar arm. Give me 2m pounds and I'll be a happy man

my third 256
17th November 2012, 02:33 PM
Might want to remove the link mate so nobody clicks on it.

Dodgy sites can install viruses, key loggers and that sort of thing on your PC just by visiting the site.
sorry linicus but dont know how to do that maybe you can tell me how to do

macca86
17th November 2012, 02:38 PM
Edit your post near where it would say reply with quote

my third 256
17th November 2012, 03:00 PM
Edit your post near where it would say reply with quote
got yu thanks mate will do now

my third 256
17th November 2012, 03:02 PM
all done that wasnt hard thanks again