PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Paul - Patch697

DX grunt
16th October 2012, 12:48 AM
There comes a time in life where we all have to make serious decisions - and they hurt, but it's for the best.

Sometimes, we have to prioritize the things we love - the family, the Forum and buying a Yota (lol).

I'd like to reflect a little bit about Paul's commitment to the Forum.

Way back in 2010, the Forum was born. Our Admin didn't even own a Patrol, but was looking. haha

AB was known as Andy and later changed his name to AB - just to be cooler.

Paul was, I think, the first to step up and become a moderator.

Initially, 'talent' was raw and many hours of sleep was lost because of the excitement of what people were going to say next.

Paul had a little business 'on the side'. He was selling clear plastic keyboard and monitor covers at 'mates rates'. hahahaha.

The talent was that raw as we built friendships and joked around, that many a keyboard was covered in coffee.

As the Forum grew, more mods were enlisted, and more great people came onboard.

More topics were talked about and more advice was given.

Then some pr!ck started the Aussie Rules thread. One young fella stepped up to the plate and made a bet with Admin - and lost.

Remember this, Paul - I certainly do.
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DX%20grunt/Family%20pics/THEdare001.jpg

I lost bet after bet to AB.

Remember when me, you and Plassy lost our bet?

Here’s a sneak peak of Plassy. PML

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DX%20grunt/Family%20pics/Its20PUNISHMENT20time.jpg

And, another lost bet to AB
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DX%20grunt/Family%20pics/RossbetCarltonVEssendon001.jpg

Thank you for your commitment and dedication to making this forum the success it is today. None of us will know how many behind the scenes hours you've put in. Your family have been part of the Forum's success too. You know what I mean. :clapping:

Well mate, I sincerely hope this isn’t a final goodbye. I’d be more than happy if you would just lurk occasionally, and hope you don’t mind the odd phone call from me.

If you find things starting to get on top of you, read a few threads or give a few of us a call. You know who we are.

May the health of you and your family be looked after.

God bless you and your family.

PS:

Guard your fridge with your life - just like this - and don’t let any freeloaders empty it! PML
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DX%20grunt/Family%20pics/Paul.jpg

Take care out there.

Rossco and Midge

sam697
16th October 2012, 12:11 PM
Hahahaha thanks Rossco, I will pass it on to him :)

timbar
25th June 2014, 11:30 PM
Miss my old mate Paul !!!

MEGOMONSTER
25th June 2014, 11:40 PM
Miss my old mate Paul !!!

Talk about memory lane.

threedogs
26th June 2014, 08:28 AM
some pictures should never be allowed,,, show once then disappear for ever.
The nightmares oh the nightmares

DX grunt
26th June 2014, 08:52 AM
some pictures should never be allowed,,, show once then disappear for ever.
The nightmares oh the nightmares

Yes, I totally agree, 3D. Mods, MAKE THIS THREAD DISAPPEAR......please. lolololololol.

Woof
26th June 2014, 10:03 PM
Yes, I totally agree, 3D. Mods, MAKE THIS THREAD DISAPPEAR......please. lolololololol.

There is NO WAY that this thread will ever disappear as it is a BIG part of our history here...............bad luck Ross...LOL

NissanGQ4.2
26th June 2014, 10:11 PM

No real point in making this thread disappear as the photo will just reappear in other threads...............just saying *LMAO*

Clunk
26th June 2014, 10:40 PM
Rossco, me old china, is alzheimers settling in? You seem to have forgotten how many of us have copies of this pics and some of us aren't afraid to use them Bwahahahaha

megatexture
26th June 2014, 11:28 PM
No real point in making this thread disappear as the photo will just reappear in other threads...............just saying *LMAO*

It already has made a few appearances lol !