PDA

View Full Version : Part number request

pauly123
13th October 2012, 02:18 PM
Hey,

I'm new tp the forum and I am looking for help to find a part number for my 1998 4.2 GQ safari high top. I recently had all the pistons replaced and a complete overhaul (300,00 km) due to a major engine breakdown.

Possibly due to the engine being removed etc I have noticed a crack on what I think is the oil pump cover (?) at the left side of the engine. It is a fairly large part but we are remote and far from any repair shop. It would be great if I could have the part ordered for when we next go to town. The leak is not noticeable until the engine is turned on, then it comes out under pressure.

Any ideas?

Sorry this is vauge, enjoy driving not fixing!

Paul W

MudRunnerTD
13th October 2012, 03:10 PM
can you take a photo and post up for us to see the part mate. No point giving you the wrong part number! I am sure someone will be able to help you but give us the pic. even if we can confirm what the part is actually called.

Cheers and i hope its an easy fix for you.

Ben-e-boy
13th October 2012, 03:23 PM
if it is the left hand side looking from the front of the car it could be the injector pump cover

pauly123
13th October 2012, 05:20 PM
Sorry to be a gimp but how do I upload the pic, seems like it looks for a URL address, can I not just paste it in here?

patch697
13th October 2012, 05:53 PM
Try these links mate, they have all the info (in step by step form) you need to know to post pics.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?666-How-To-Ask-a-Question-or-How-To-Upload-Photos.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1412-Picture-sizes-and-how-to-reduce-the-size.

pauly123
13th October 2012, 11:52 PM
Hey,

I've circled the part,

Thanks again

pauly123
13th October 2012, 11:52 PM
This isn't my engine, just an image I grabbed, but exactly the same engine

Ben-e-boy
15th October 2012, 07:12 AM
thats the oil cooler I think

MudRunnerTD
15th October 2012, 10:06 AM
my Oil Pressure Sender is screwed in there. does your Oil Pressure gauge work in the dash mate?

Lister
17th October 2012, 08:58 PM
I gather its a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) Safari? If you can give me the Japanese chassis number i can look it up for you..Or if its from another country please specify. Cheers Glenn

Lister
17th October 2012, 09:22 PM
The numbers in the frame are not part numbers, only a reference number. Select the number you require and let me know.