PDA

View Full Version : Old but new.

patchev
12th October 2012, 11:53 AM
Hi all. I am an old bloke with dreams. Life has been tough but I see a light that suggests I may soon be able to realize a dream of mine. That is to buy and mod a GU Patrol. I dream about building a Patrol that will take me to all corners of this vast country. I like camping, fishing and not doing too much. Health probs have slowed me down but they will not stop me.

I have had 4wd's in the past, but it has been quite a while since the last one. My dream and the passion to realize that dream keeps me going. I have been looking in on this forum for a while now and see that it is a friendly place. So I figured that I should finally join and perhaps learn a bit more so that when the time comes for me I will have a good knowledge of the GU.

Hope I don't annoy you too much.:bigthumbup:

threedogs
12th October 2012, 12:01 PM
Easy on the old bit but Welcome plenty of info here for you to pick through, great bunch of people as well.
jump in anytime no silly questions here, Jump in anytime and Enjoy

growler2058
12th October 2012, 12:15 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent via my tapping thumbs

Bob
12th October 2012, 02:55 PM
Welcome Mate. Glad you are about to realize your Dream. Join in and enjoy

MEGOMONSTER
12th October 2012, 03:03 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

jack
12th October 2012, 03:28 PM
Welcome patchev, good to have another 'senior' member on the forum.
After joining here I've discovered you're never to old to learn something new, I've learned heaps.

Bigrig
12th October 2012, 04:46 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

patchev
12th October 2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the welcomes.

wildgu6
12th October 2012, 05:25 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people.

Enjoy, cheers Pete

Tap The App

Dhuck
12th October 2012, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
13th October 2012, 09:44 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Woof
13th October 2012, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, believe it or not but at one stage I was the most senior member here at only 30 years of age...LOL
Enjoy, if this old dog can learn then anyone can mate.

rainman01
15th October 2012, 04:10 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard...Plenty of beaut stories and advice in here.

DX grunt
15th October 2012, 06:14 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

There's a few of us on here that aren't spring chickens any more. lol. Isn't that right, Wayne? lol

Glad you could join us and feel free to contribute or ask any questions.

Take care out there.

Rossco

choppie
15th October 2012, 07:21 PM
Easy on the old bit but Welcome plenty of info here for you to pick through, great bunch of people as well.
jump in anytime no silly questions here, Jump in anytime and Enjoy

Come on Threedogs don't be like that, turn the bloody light back on.

Hi Patchev, Welcome to the best forum on the planet, good bunch of folk here, don't take any notice of Threedogs, they have just let him out............................................... .................................................. ...
of hospital LOL

choppie
15th October 2012, 07:24 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, believe it or not but at one stage I was the most senior member here at only 30 years of age...LOL
Enjoy, if this old dog can learn then anyone can mate.

Bloody pups yapping again LMAO

patchev
16th October 2012, 10:59 AM
Thanks again to all for the welcome. I am a member of a couple of other forums, but I find them not as friendly or as easy going as here. I have never been known to be a big poster, however I do read a lot. At times my sense of humour may seem a bit warped but that is me and that is life. I'm just sifting through the threads of interest at the moment to get a feel of the place and things. So until I get the need or urge to pound the keyboard, and Arthur gives me some relief to do so, I will keep checking out why this site is different to most if not all others.:thumbup:

healy
16th October 2012, 11:21 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Maxhead
16th October 2012, 05:11 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

2TROLLFAM
18th October 2012, 04:09 PM
Xcuse me for being tardy with my "Welcome Aboard" .... usually go through these threads when I'm at work (*ooopsie*) Soooooooooooooo
WELCOME to the best show on earth - well, nearly. It's a really friendly forum with so much information to be found - hope you enjoy :)

"Amelia" ~ Sharen & Brad