PDA

View Full Version : new onwer without the handbook

xiyue077
12th October 2012, 11:40 AM
Hey guys,

I've just bought a 03 nissan Patrol ST 3.0 so I can get rid of my old Camry. Don't make it wrong please. The Camry is a good car. But Patrol is an awesome truck! I really like the feeling riding in the Patrol. Just one thing, the x-owner lost the manual. There are some buttons quite unlike things in Camry. Anyone knows where I can download a user's handbook please?

Bigrig
12th October 2012, 11:50 AM
Hey mate

The manuals are available for download on here after 25 posts - you've got the hardest one done already!! lol

Welcome a few members, join in on some of the other topics (no rubbish posts though please mate as we'll simply delete them), and the manual is yours.

Other than that, the knowledge base on here and the access to people with the know how far out weighs the manuals value, so maybe ask away on a few questions, await responses and chat back and forth, and guaranteed that'll rack up your posts quick smart if the manual is still a desire.

Cheers!

threedogs
12th October 2012, 11:54 AM
Welcome mate flash up a pic I have 04 cant be too much difference. great bunch of people here as well.
Most of all Enjoy no stupid or silly questions here at all, Gotta start somewhere

growler2058
12th October 2012, 12:16 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent via my tapping thumbs

healy
12th October 2012, 12:20 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

xiyue077
12th October 2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks mate.

That's a good point. Mostly I just need to know these mystery buttons. I'll collect those I don't understand and post them here. That should be a quicker way than page up and down through the manuals.

growler2058
12th October 2012, 12:50 PM
Just push em and see what happens

Sent via my tapping thumbs

threedogs
12th October 2012, 01:24 PM
waiting,,,,waiting,,,,waiting

MEGOMONSTER
12th October 2012, 03:08 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

Bigrig
12th October 2012, 04:47 PM
Thanks mate.

That's a good point. Mostly I just need to know these mystery buttons. I'll collect those I don't understand and post them here. That should be a quicker way than page up and down through the manuals.

Bloody oath mate ... no doubt someone will be able to assist ... and if we can't, then you'll just have to put on a BBQ for us all to come over and work it out!!! lmao

wildgu6
12th October 2012, 05:26 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people.

Enjoy, cheers Pete

Tap The App

Dhuck
12th October 2012, 07:55 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

NissanGQ4.2
12th October 2012, 08:33 PM
Welcome 2 the forum mate,

Great bunch of members on here always willing 2 help out where they can.

Whack up some pics of the buttons your unsure of, I'm sure you will get a reply 2 what it is quick enough

Cheers

Toddie

rainman01
15th October 2012, 04:18 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard...Plenty of beaut stories and advice in here.

xiyue077
16th October 2012, 11:35 AM
Thank you mates for all your warm welcomes. Here I've got some questions about the buttons in the Patrol. I've just got the car for 1 week so there are a lot of newbie/silly questions. :-)

What is the SHIFT LOCK RELEASE button for?
What is the A/T button for? There are two sets with the button, POWER and HOLD
What are these in a pole near the wheel, SET/ACC button, RES/DEC button and an ON/OFF button nearby?
And how to switch to the sub fuel tank please? I press the SUBTANK button. But nothing happened.

macca86
16th October 2012, 02:21 PM
With the sub tank it fills into the main tank. Fuel is only taken from the main tank to the motor and the sub tank won't transfer over untill 3/4 full. Also fuel goes from sub to main the first 5 or 20 seconds pending on petrol or diesel after start up

threedogs
16th October 2012, 02:27 PM
A/T is automatic transmission,
Shift lock button allows you to unlock T bar on auto with motor off

xiyue077
16th October 2012, 03:13 PM
Thanks mate. I reckon the SET/ACC, RES/DEC and the ON/OFF button are for cruise control. But how to use it pls?

threedogs
16th October 2012, 03:17 PM
Not sure but my after market Cruise controll. turn on,,reach 100 kph press set, if not spot on press res/dec to go faster or slowerapplying brakes will cancell, if manual dont touch clutch. with cc on

xiyue077
17th October 2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks threedogs. By the way, I heard there's a rear diff lock in Patrol. But I couldn't find the switch. Is that true?

xiyue077
17th October 2012, 10:32 AM
Thanks macca86. I'll try that when the main tank drop to half tank.

2TROLLFAM
18th October 2012, 04:12 PM
Xcuse me for being tardy with my "Welcome Aboard" .... usually go through these threads when I'm at work (*ooopsie*) Soooooooooooooo
WELCOME to the best show on earth - well, nearly. It's a really friendly forum with so much information to be found - hope you enjoy :)

"Amelia" ~ Sharen & Brad