PDA

View Full Version : The fishing thread

Bloodyaussie
11th October 2012, 05:19 PM
A lot of fishing discussions on many different separate threads so thought I would start a specific one for fishing...

My question for those that know is do you need a licence in Victoria to fish either fresh water or bay fishing???

I have not fished since I was a kid and want to start up again, how is the fishing near Seymour on the Goulburn river?

This fishing thing up on the Murray in December whats that about??

Do you prefer freshwater or saltwater fishing.

I shoot /4wd run a business have kids and want to squeeze fishing in also!!!!

threedogs
11th October 2012, 06:17 PM
Mate you'll need a licence for any type of fishing inland fresh water or salt water in Vic. NSW inland for the Murray.
Even to throw in some Yabby nets you'll need a licence, brothers are exempt as are pensioners,and kids under 16 I think weekend 3 days cost $7
bit more for a month $15 and if you go heaps A yearly job is the go $25, Huge penalties apply including taking your 4x4, boat and fishing gear.
all licence money goes into restocking, very worth while, Dust your gear off Aussie a lot has changed I think to whenever you last wet a line.
Best stress reliever ever 2 thumbs up, Drop in local tackle shop and grab latest booklet
Different closed seasons for differt fish, eg Cod season closed most areas from sept 1st to re open on !st of dec

MEGOMONSTER
11th October 2012, 06:20 PM
A lot of fishing discussions on many different separate threads so thought I would start a specific one for fishing...

My question for those that know is do you need a licence in Victoria to fish either fresh water or bay fishing???

I have not fished since I was a kid and want to start up again, how is the fishing near Seymour on the Goulburn river?

This fishing thing up on the Murray in December whats that about??

Do you prefer freshwater or saltwater fishing.

I shoot /4wd run a business have kids and want to squeeze fishing in also!!!!

A fishing licence is required in all Victorian waters fresh or salt.

December is the opening of Murray Cod season and Lake Mulwala hosts the Cod Classic first weekend in December.

A NSW fishing licence is required on the Murray and lakes except lake Hume.

Plenty of options around through out Victoria.

Carp fishing for kids is quite exciting as they are pretty easy to catch and plentiful.

I fish MULWALA a lot for cod, golden perch, Redfin, and carp.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

MEGOMONSTER
11th October 2012, 06:29 PM
The best of the Murray.

The mighty Murray Cod.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

threedogs
11th October 2012, 06:42 PM
had to check thought it was same pic. think this one 40lbs mates uncle caught up near Swanhill
Thats a bloody horse Mego

Bloodyaussie
11th October 2012, 06:54 PM
He's my very special friend I am going to hug him and squeeze him!!!!!!!!

Jesus it's like having a pet dog.

Knew some pics would emerge..

Now I know I will not be believed but when I was about 14 I was fishing off St Kilda pier and while a bloke was helping me sort out a tangled line a whale came up along the pier and somehow missed all our lines.

It came up twice within throwing distance then again a third time barely in sight and after that it was gone... now there were 4 of us there and it was only 40m away, we all looked like stunned mullets (pardon the pun) ..

threedogs
11th October 2012, 07:46 PM
Mate we have soooo much in common, should save all this for the camp fire. A lot of people fish with Dyneema braid now 30 lb only looks like cotton yu put buttons on with, super strong $13 for 300mtr. try lukydolphin123, good for lures and braid. I got 2 great 11 ball bearing reels for $21 delivered, can't even see see where 11 bearing would go, but great reel.
you could kit yourself out with best gear for $50-70

MEGOMONSTER
16th October 2012, 09:14 PM
Here's some fun I had on the Gold Coast earlier this year. Small Giant Trevally have to be one of the hardest fighting fish I have ever come across. I would really hate to fight a monster GT. That day we got around 20 of the little terrors in the Seaway on the gold coast 21184

Jack taps here...........

threedogs
16th October 2012, 09:21 PM
Thats cheating fishing up Qld,
Fishing down Port Melb pier as a tacker with dad, waiting for the Princess of Tassie to leave
great for catching coutta, not huge but 2ft long then flounder down Rosebud front beach.
Memories

CorbinsGUte
16th October 2012, 09:45 PM
Freshy barra i got up here in the burdekin river. Beautiful camping spot. Even better, is its some great 4x4ing to get there!
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

CorbinsGUte
16th October 2012, 09:47 PM
Another one my old man got from another trip to the same spot.
P.s we release all Barra we catch such a waste to keep them there absolutely beautiful fish .
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

megatexture
16th October 2012, 10:00 PM
Thats a ripper mate, Bet she put up a fight.
I had two a little smaller than that in my rainwater tank till i went camping for a week and a half and one killed the other.

DX grunt
16th October 2012, 10:05 PM
By request, I won't show your my face or my bod, but here's the first Salmon I ever caught - 67cm

I must have wrapped the line around the tail, because it didn't start the fight until I landed it.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DX%20grunt/Holiday%20pics/MyfirstSalmon003.jpg

Rossco

the ferret
16th November 2012, 08:11 PM
Had a dive today to 30m, picked up 24 0f these.
3 licences so 3x8=24, thank your Mother for the rabbits!!

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/001-2.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/002-3.jpg

Cheers, the ferret.

MEGOMONSTER
16th November 2012, 10:14 PM
Mama Mia bellisimo
Someone is having creme dela creme of seafood.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

wildgu6
16th November 2012, 11:52 PM
Veeery nice Rod very nice indeed, and 24 sounds like mmmmmm Yum chow, Well done mate

Just posted this on another fishing thread then saw this one so cut n pasted here,

This nice little bull terrier was caught by the young fella on a charter that I should of been on Grrrrrr.
Caught at the Sholls about 30k out from Glenelg. SA, took him 40 mins to get it in.
The bugga fed 4 families and was one of the best fish I've eaten
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22468&d=1353071633

Tappn the App Beers on Tap

my third 256
17th November 2012, 12:08 AM
22469a good day out

the ferret
17th November 2012, 12:34 AM
Veeery nice Rod very nice indeed, and 24 sounds like mmmmmm Yum chow, Well done mate

Just posted this on another fishing thread then saw this one so cut n pasted here,

This nice little bull terrier was caught by the young fella on a charter that I should of been on Grrrrrr.
Caught at the Sholls about 30k out from Glenelg. SA, took him 40 mins to get it in.
The bugga fed 4 families and was one of the best fish I've eaten
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22468&d=1353071633

Tappn the App Beers on Tap

Oh, what a ripper pinky, well done mate.
Cheers, the ferret.

threedogs
17th November 2012, 06:22 AM
with the warmer weather very easy to see what a few of us prefer doing, Let the stories begin
Rod noticed the pkt of darts , if I can give up after 50 yrs you must have a chance, just see doc Champix is tab.
dont even feel like one. bored shiteless but not smoking