PDA

View Full Version : Getting there

lil Rig
6th October 2012, 06:11 PM
Hey guys this is the truck Scotty, myself and basically everyone else on this forum has been working on! Lmao
It's a 1989 TB42 ute and is currently going through a complete 'do-over'.
I can't thank those who have helped out with it enough especially Scotty, Dhuck, Macca, Steve, Benny, Chris and to all those who have provided input, advice and help!
It's getting there!
Here's some photos of it through the stages 2081520816208172081820819208202082120822

threedogs
6th October 2012, 06:14 PM
Gotta be happy with that, no probs getting leaves to flex also,
how far away from rego etc??
Are you putting a sliding rear window in it???

taslucas
6th October 2012, 06:16 PM
I wanna see the photo showing how good you are at greasing bearings:):)

lil Rig
6th October 2012, 06:19 PM
Gotta be happy with that, no probs getting leaves to flex also,
how far away from rego etc??
Are you putting a sliding rear window in it???

Well considering school starts on Monday hopefully within the month. All the paints have been purchased by Scotty and after that's done it's just fixing the interior. I haven't even considered putting a sliding window in, was thinking of just leaving the original window in. Other than having another openable window, is there any benefits to having a sliding window?

lil Rig
6th October 2012, 06:20 PM
I wanna see the photo showing how good you are at greasing bearings:):)

Hahahaha unfortunately that photo has been ummm... I think the word is deleted...

taslucas
6th October 2012, 06:24 PM
Ummmm..... i think the word is "still-on-this-forum-somewhere" hahahahahaaa

threedogs
6th October 2012, 06:25 PM
Yeah you can reach esky in the back and two shut the dog up. bummer with that bearing greasing update

lil Rig
6th October 2012, 06:30 PM
Ill have to look into a sliding window then :)
Haha hey everyone starts somewhere! I did what I was told... "Grease the bearing Liam"

Winnie
7th October 2012, 01:22 PM
And grease it you did!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19281&d=1345546178

LMAO sorry bud had to do it =P

macca86
7th October 2012, 01:26 PM
Puts the lotion on its skin.

lil Rig
7th October 2012, 01:26 PM
Hahahahaha!!

Well if anyone else needs some bearings greased, they know who to call!

lil Rig
7th October 2012, 01:27 PM
Puts the lotion on its skin.

No no no your tone is all wrong. Speak to me like that again and ill stab you in the face with a soldering iron ;)

Silver
7th October 2012, 01:42 PM
I like to repack bearings - can be very therapeutic. If messy :-)

lil Rig
7th October 2012, 02:19 PM
I like to repack bearings - can be very therapeutic. If messy :-)

Exactly Rick! Exactly :)

Ben-e-boy
7th October 2012, 06:40 PM
No no no your tone is all wrong. Speak to me like that again and ill stab you in the face with a soldering iron ;)

ooooohhhhhhhhh, its good that your ute dosnt require the skill of boilermaker ay???

lil Rig
7th October 2012, 06:42 PM
ooooohhhhhhhhh, its good that your ute dosnt require the skill of boilermaker ay???

Haha it doesn't anymore :)

macca86
7th October 2012, 08:02 PM
Lets see how the custom tray and bar work go at free labour cost and trade price for steel go with out one. Retail steel cost scares me poor average blokes get ripped off

lil Rig
7th October 2012, 08:06 PM
... Touché....

lil Rig
14th October 2012, 04:31 PM
So I sanded back the bonnet today and then Scotty had a go at painting it.
Fantastic job for someone who's never done it before! Still needs to get a second coat but here's an idea of what colour the whole car is gonna be
The blue next to it is the old colour... I know which one i like best!

Winnie
14th October 2012, 04:40 PM
Gonna look shit hot!

lil Rig
14th October 2012, 04:43 PM
Absolutely!
Once again the photo doesn't do it justice but it's actually a bit darker than it looks... It's the ford falcon dark blue colour

nissannewby
14th October 2012, 06:21 PM
Looks awesome bloke. I will have to roll mine in after yours is done. I reckon the pink I have in mind will look good sitting next to that.

lil Rig
14th October 2012, 09:34 PM
Looks awesome bloke. I will have to roll mine in after yours is done. I reckon the pink I have in mind will look good sitting next to that.

Hahahaha you would wouldn't you...
No judgement here though, pink is a very flattering colour! I think it would go well with your muddies :)

nissannewby
14th October 2012, 10:58 PM
Oh I'm dead serious will be done when I rebuild the ole girl. Working the suspension a little more new paint job modifying the current tray etc etc.

lil Rig
15th October 2012, 07:53 PM
Oh I'm dead serious will be done when I rebuild the ole girl. Working the suspension a little more new paint job modifying the current tray etc etc.

Haha really?? Is it a hot pink, I hear that colour makes your car to faster...
Which ute is the old girl? I've only seen your GU and Sharee's GQ, how many of these do you guys own! :)

nissannewby
15th October 2012, 08:11 PM
3 bloke go into the photo section and fun nissannewby's action shots.

nissannewby
15th October 2012, 08:12 PM
I'll see if I can track down a pic of something similar and throw it up here for you of the colour.

threedogs
15th October 2012, 09:15 PM
Nothing wrong with niblet pink, You thinking the Torana XU1 pink from yesteryear
Told the big guy if you can pee you can paint, looks great

DX grunt
15th October 2012, 09:20 PM
When you gunna paint it white?? PML

Seriously, any colour on any ute is fantastic.

lil Rig
15th October 2012, 10:07 PM
I'll see if I can track down a pic of something similar and throw it up here for you of the colour.

Allrighty ill have a look at the photos, 3 utes wow!
Oh yeah that would be awesome, it's amazing what a bit of paint does aye, makes anything look new.

lil Rig
15th October 2012, 10:08 PM
Nothing wrong with niblet pink, You thinking the Torana XU1 pink from yesteryear
Told the big guy if you can pee you can paint, looks great

Yeah he did a great job didn't he, the paint was so easy to use too!

lil Rig
15th October 2012, 10:11 PM
When you gunna paint it white?? PML

Seriously, any colour on any ute is fantastic.

Well I thought white was just too common, and that ford falcon blue just looks awesome with black (the colour of the wheels and tires and hopefully some bar work down the line).
Absolutely any colour indeed, it even looked good with just the primer haha!

Bigrig
15th October 2012, 10:29 PM
Yeah he did a great job didn't he, the paint was so easy to use too!

It's sticky shlt on the feet when you have no footwear on!!! lol. But that's to be expected since I just finished welding as well !!!! Safety first!!!! lol

In all seriousness, safety is a priority just before anyone gets on the hobby horse ... I just like the feeling the tig gives when you touch the stick to the electrode - sorta like the chest paddles you see in the movies and quite frankly, proper footwear earths it far too much!!!! It's the only thing that keeps me pepped up!!! lmao

nissannewby
16th October 2012, 12:47 AM
Something like this and with some sort of white or lilac pearl through it to really make it stand out. And maybe a bit deeper in colour.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh493/nissannewby/IMG_1248_zpsac23cad8.jpg

lil Rig
16th October 2012, 06:55 PM
Oh yeah that's not too bad at all actually, and the good thing is that there's not many trucks out there that'll be that colour, so it will stand out :)
You'll have to bring it over so we can get a picture of the two newly painted utes haha

Bigrig
16th October 2012, 07:06 PM
Oh yeah that's not too bad at all actually, and the good thing is that there's not many trucks out there that'll be that colour, so it will stand out :)
You'll have to bring it over so we can get a picture of the two newly painted utes haha

They'll both look good - just Matty's will look like something used as a float at the Sydney mardi gras ... aaaannnnd, yours will look good!!!!! lmao

Punderhead
16th October 2012, 08:25 PM
where is the like button when you need one bigrig?

Cheers!

nissannewby
16th October 2012, 08:57 PM
They'll both look good - just Matty's will look like something used as a float at the Sydney mardi gras ... aaaannnnd, yours will look good!!!!! lmao

And yet another purpose for the humble patrol :)

lil Rig
17th October 2012, 06:09 PM
And yet another purpose for the humble patrol :)

Haha mine certainly won't be used for that purpose... But hey, what ever 'floats' your boat!

threedogs
17th October 2012, 06:21 PM
Now I need this on record, whats the care factor on it at this very Moment, 100%
if so good and so it should we don't go out to dent our 4x4s, you'll find after your
first boo boo that 100% will fall and continue to fall till you do the next rebuild.
Whats Growlers care factor, or anyones for that matter. mines 95%

lil Rig
17th October 2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah I understand that, and my care factor at the moment is definitely 100% but I guess you can still care and cringe everytime you get a scratch or dent but at the end of the day, if you don't want those dents or scratches, know your trucks limitations off road or better still, don't take it off road haha !

Winnie
17th October 2012, 06:41 PM
don't take it off road haha !

BUGGER THAT! lol

lil Rig
17th October 2012, 06:48 PM
BUGGER THAT! lol

Haha I was waiting for a bite from anyone

Ben-e-boy
17th October 2012, 06:49 PM
Yeah I understand that, and my care factor at the moment is definitely 100% but I guess you can still care and cringe everytime you get a scratch or dent but at the end of the day, if you don't want those dents or scratches, know your trucks limitations off road or better still, don't take it off road haha !

I agree with knowing your limitations. I dont know min coz I havnt ended up on my side/roof yet lol

if you dont take it offroad and turn it into a posers rig I will scratch it myself lmao
hiluxs are posers rigs. NOT PATROLS lmao

lil Rig
17th October 2012, 06:51 PM
I agree with knowing your limitations. I dont know min coz I havnt ended up on my side/roof yet lol

if you dont take it offroad and turn it into a posers rig I will scratch it myself lmao

Hahaha don't worry Benny, what I said in no way shape or form relates to me :) mine will definitely be used off road, once I figure out how to use it off road!

I hope you never do have to find your limitations like that! I've got a feeling there's nothing your truck can't conquer

Winnie
17th October 2012, 06:54 PM

I know I've posted this before but it makes me sick

DIAL-A-TAP

Ben-e-boy
17th October 2012, 06:55 PM
Hahaha don't worry Benny, what I said in no way shape or form relates to me :) mine will definitely be used off road, once I figure out how to use it off road!

I hope you never do have to find your limitations like that! I've got a feeling there's nothing your truck can't conquer

I'll guide you young one you'll learn

lil Rig
17th October 2012, 06:57 PM

DIAL-A-TAP

Bahaha that's the sort of Toyota that Benny should flex his ute up on!

lil Rig
17th October 2012, 07:00 PM
I'll guide you young one you'll learn

Cheers mate, that means heaps :)

Ben-e-boy
17th October 2012, 07:04 PM

DIAL-A-TAP

yeah I have a mate with an 80 series thats been lowers, but its ok as he races it on tar and dirt track and it makes 700hp its awsome when that 2.5 ton beast smokes skylines

nissannewby
17th October 2012, 07:10 PM
Cheers mate, that means heaps :)

Theres plenty of us around who can show the ropes especially when it comes to driving GQ utes :)

Ben-e-boy
17th October 2012, 07:17 PM
Theres plenty of us around who can show the ropes especially when it comes to driving GQ utes :)

dam straight we'll having him showing up scott in no time

taslucas
17th October 2012, 07:23 PM
Now I need this on record, whats the care factor on it at this very Moment, 100%
if so good and so it should we don't go out to dent our 4x4s, you'll find after your
first boo boo that 100% will fall and continue to fall till you do the next rebuild.
Whats Growlers care factor, or anyones for that matter. mines 95%

I got a cheaper high km patrol for the purpose of minimal care factor:-) all the good bits I've put on can be moved to another trol when the inevitable happens lol.
I'm running about %56 care factor at the moment. Anything above %70 is either a tourer or a poser!

Tap, crackle, pop

Bigrig
17th October 2012, 07:37 PM
dam straight we'll having him showing up scott in no time

Easy young fella ... you've got a mean truck, but need it to offset your average driving!!!! lmao

Me on the other hand ... well, the story of the old bull and the young bull comes to mind!!! lol

nissannewby
17th October 2012, 08:06 PM
3 utes to one wagon at the moment I think we have majority :p

Winnie
17th October 2012, 08:08 PM
Easy young fella ... you've got a mean truck, but need it to offset your average driving!!!! lmao

Me on the other hand ... well, the story of the old bull and the young bull comes to mind!!! lol

What the hell kind of young bull would say "let's rush down and service one cow? Something wrong with that bull.

Ben-e-boy
17th October 2012, 08:27 PM

remember posting this in the defected thread. old bull lmfao

More than happy to set up a challenge to prove the theory - I'll go in it, but more
Importantly, I'll get someone like
Hekarewe or Ben-e-boy or NissanNewby behind the wheel of a standard truck, and my money is on them getting further than you ... they are awesome wheel workers, and having watched them, I feel embarrassed at my lack of capability when I thought I was a star - and 2 of those 3 blokes are 15 years younger than me (and I'm not 40 yet).

we'll get him up to scratch to make you proud

lil Rig
17th October 2012, 08:57 PM
What the hell kind of young bull would say "let's rush down and service one cow? Something wrong with that bull.

Hahahahaha that's a bit funny

lil Rig
17th October 2012, 08:57 PM
remember posting this in the defected thread. old bull lmfao

we'll get him up to scratch to make you proud

Haha I think I'm staying out of this one, I just read it out to Scotty and he said he'll be replying soon!!

lil Rig
17th October 2012, 08:58 PM

Haha awesome! Go the utes :D
I can't wait to get out there in my own truck

Airstrike
17th October 2012, 09:16 PM
The ute looks like its coming along well. Sorted the door cards for you today and some other goodies. Apart from that how are you... really I hope you are well I was thinking about you today wanted to make sure everything was well.. Not being weird can you send me some of your hair just a lil bit? you can leave the one direction gel in it will smell better...

lil Rig
17th October 2012, 09:25 PM
The ute looks like its coming along well. Sorted the door cards for you today and some other goodies. Apart from that how are you... really I hope you are well I was thinking about you today wanted to make sure everything was well.. Not being weird can you send me some of your hair just a lil bit? you can leave the one direction gel in it will smell better...

Thank you so much. I am great, and sure, but only if you send me a cut off of your clothing with your masculine smell on it...
Have you put a lock on those windows yet?

Airstrike
17th October 2012, 09:28 PM
Nope Im going to cut the back of the wagon off so I can have a mobile german love bath. With the sweet nectar of drunk back packers.......

lil Rig
17th October 2012, 09:29 PM
Or is that too weird..

lil Rig
17th October 2012, 09:31 PM
I hear them Newcastle folk are into the old German love baths...

Airstrike
17th October 2012, 09:31 PM
might be a lil bit?!?! But I likey

lil Rig
27th October 2012, 03:16 PM
Scotty strikes again!! LOL
Spent this morning prepping and painting the truck, looks absolutely mint and brand new!!
Only the two doors, one front panel and the grill thing above the bonnet left to paint...
Almost there!

Bigrig
27th October 2012, 04:00 PM
Scotty strikes again!! LOL
Spent this morning preping and painting the truck, looks absolutely mint and brand new!!
Only the two doors, one front panel and the grill thing above the bonnet left to paint...
Almost there!

Nothing to do with my painting skills, as they are below average, but 221 2Pac once you get the flow rate, gun pressure and nozzle sorted, goes on a dead set treat ... I'm stoked that Leroy is stoked ... it's looks absolutely fantastic ...

Bit of practice on a gun, and we could all respray our rigs to look all pretty and new once more!!! lol

On that note, I reckon Tank would look good in a deep burgundy ... like my old truck ... hmmmmm

Bigrig
27th October 2012, 05:05 PM
A couple more shots - wow ... looks mint!!!

Supremely glad we swapped the guards for later model ones (with the moulded flares - his originals were MK style) ....

Funnily enough, I reckon the bonnet will sit as high if not higher than Tank!!! With the rims and tyres from Tank, chrome grill, polished front bar and checker plate in the rear tray, it is going to be a dead set head turner ...

Nice first car!!! Lucky little b@stard!!! lmao

megatexture
27th October 2012, 05:49 PM
looks awsome mate nice paint job!

Yendor
27th October 2012, 07:27 PM
Looking good mate.

We all knew you were capable.

lil Rig
6th November 2012, 05:56 PM
Nice bit of bling!

Winnie
6th November 2012, 06:06 PM
Looks shit hot! Been considering one for mine but dunno if it will suit it or not. Don't think so though, looks awesome on yours.

lil Rig
6th November 2012, 06:11 PM
Well I always said "chrome grill chrome grill" and scotty was always against it.
But that was until he saw the paint colour and all of a sudden it was "you NEED a chrome grill" hahaha
Personally I like it! But I think it has to do with the colour of your car, some colours just don't match it.

megatexture
6th November 2012, 06:35 PM
The question is how long will it last till you hit a tree in your own backyard?! Lol ... like father like son ??? Haha time will tell:driving2:

lil Rig
6th November 2012, 06:47 PM
The question is how long will it last till you hit a tree in your own backyard?! Lol ... like father like son ??? Haha time will tell:driving2:

Hahaha well said well said!
Yeahp I've already come to the conclusion that the first scratch will be in the backyard... And if my truck receives any of the damage seen on the weekend I can assure everyone there will be tears!

megatexture
6th November 2012, 07:01 PM
Haha i didn't see anything that wont vanish with a cut an polish

Sir Roofy
6th November 2012, 07:07 PM
Looks shit hot! Been considering one for mine but dunno if it will suit it or not. Don't think so though, looks awesome on yours.
noway winnie would not suit yours at all

Winnie
6th November 2012, 07:13 PM
Nah don't think so but mine has a big hole in it from a rock lol. No biggie.

Sir Roofy
6th November 2012, 07:14 PM
Nah don't think so but mine has a big hole in it from a rock lol. No biggie.

bonus lets in more air

growler2058
6th November 2012, 08:18 PM
Nice bit of bling!

Onya lil riggus shes definately coming up a treat! That grille definately suits and the colour is very soopa cool fella

nissannewby
6th November 2012, 09:07 PM
Hahaha well said well said!
Yeahp I've already come to the conclusion that the first scratch will be in the backyard... And if my truck receives any of the damage seen on the weekend I can assure everyone there will be tears!

Come on mate did you see any GQ utes get damaged on the weekend?

Yendor
6th November 2012, 09:11 PM
Come on mate did you see any GQ utes get damaged on the weekend?

Didn't one just about roll over? :biggrin:

scotty83
6th November 2012, 09:14 PM
Didn't one just about roll over? :biggrin:

Yeh i remember hearing something about that....lol

nissannewby
7th November 2012, 08:12 AM
No:clownredpuff: The key word there "almost". I still didnt get any damage :p lol

Ben-e-boy
9th November 2012, 07:00 PM
No:clownredpuff: The key word there "almost". I still didnt get any damage :p lol

yes but you did damage your underware lmao

TJH
10th November 2012, 12:24 AM
damn looks awesome!, lovin the color and the chrome grille

Oversize
10th November 2012, 06:58 AM
Haha i didn't see anything that wont vanish with a cut an polish

You must have had too much lemonade, the thump that caused me to loose my beer will take a little more than polish... not naming the driver but he had a thump on his head too...
Awesome weekend!!!

Lilrig, have you named the Blue Tank yet?

lil Rig
10th November 2012, 10:26 AM
Lilrig, have you named the Blue Tank yet?

Well the family reakons B.O.S.S.
Bucket - of - serious - sh!t
Hahaha

Bigrig
10th November 2012, 10:46 AM
Well the family reakons B.O.S.S.
Bucket - of - serious - sh!t
Hahaha

"Savage" as everyone who gets in with him will shlt themselves!!!

Members "in the know" from QLD know the meaning behind it!. Long story and not quite family friendly!!! lol

Ryan, care to elaborate? Lmfao!!!

Airstrike
10th November 2012, 11:14 AM
LMAO....... As long as you shlt all over it.... Savagely

Ben-e-boy
10th November 2012, 11:23 AM
"Savage" as everyone who gets in with him will shlt themselves!!!

Members "in the know" from QLD know the meaning behind it!. Long story and not quite family friendly!!! lol

Ryan, care to elaborate? Lmfao!!!
i was goin to call it the blue vein chunket chucka

lil Rig
10th November 2012, 02:51 PM
LMAO....... As long as you shlt all over it.... Savagely

It was just so... Savage

taslucas
10th November 2012, 02:59 PM
Smurf Patrol:)

Oversize
11th November 2012, 06:30 AM
i was goin to call it the blue vein chunket chucka

Thats a bit cheesy

Oversize
11th November 2012, 06:32 AM
Smurf Patrol:)

Wrong blue, but cool name, would need a white roof.

threedogs
11th November 2012, 07:28 AM
How about "MILTON" after Milton the monster Ol man may know of him
Could see a nice milton sticker on the windscreen. Cant see many side on pics
but is white writing inside on tyres and do rear window in a limo tint if legal your way otherwise you'll fry th back of your neck everytime you
go driving, other than that darkest legal. Found some of that perforated stuff you see on tradie rear vans for advertising.
Going to put a 5" strip across top of inside of windscreen today. Last 4x4 did all rear and cargo side windows to keep engel area cool When and if you decide where your engel is going PM me as got as great idea so engel works normally in full sun. 4x4 looking the part now, bet you're dying to get some mud on it. just take your time, and take plenty of recovery equipment, and have a blast. Couln't find many pics have I missed something??

Bigrig
11th November 2012, 07:58 AM
We clear coated everything the other night - some parts came up a treat (and it really deepened the colour - lovely!!) but a couple of panels now to be re-painted due to sunburn style peeling/lifting of the clear - only in certain spots, but not something that can be left as a "good enough" in either of our opinions ... shame, as the bonnet and select areas of the cabin look absolutely pristine ... from what I could find, appears clear is even less friendly than the paint to apply if there's any moisture in the air ...

Incredible how much it brought up the colour though - looks fantastic.

Dash is back together, front end is back together, and over this week, flooring to go in, roof console getting built, carbon fibre layon going on A pillars and top of door frames (inside above door trim/cards), and panels/doors etc back on ...

Tyres and wheels are coming off mine, so that'll be a couple of weeks until I have the coin to get new tyres ... that only leaves electrical (not much), tray to go back on (easy), and brake proportioning valve to be rebuilt (not working), and then it's road worthy time - be ready for registering in the coming two weeks or so ... will only await the time it takes for Leroy to save the rego and insurance dollars ...

threedogs
11th November 2012, 08:42 AM
Surely youre allowed to pin your own badge on, well done, reckon the little fella is over the moon. pic of the pair of you and the ute, "priceless" straight to the pool room. look forward to a pic any pic of it.

Bigrig
11th November 2012, 12:56 PM
Couple of snaps ...

Everything 'was' painted and ready to go ...

Then disaster struck ...

You can see in this photo that mark in the door from the clear ...

And the dash and front end ...

growler2058
11th November 2012, 01:15 PM
Bummer! I thought ya didnt need to clear 2pak???

Bigrig
11th November 2012, 01:47 PM
Bummer! I thought ya didnt need to clear 2pak???

You don't 'need' to as such, but apparently let's you be able to cut and polish scratches out down the track without taking off paint .. or some shlt like that!!! lol

growler2058
11th November 2012, 01:50 PM
Oh well itll give ya plenty of practice so you can do agatha and my trana

Yendor
11th November 2012, 02:11 PM
Looks like someone has to do some more sanding.

taslucas
11th November 2012, 02:15 PM
Oh well itll give ya plenty of practice so you can do agatha and my trana

did you mean tranny??? I thought your daughter took care of your nails?

Punderhead
12th November 2012, 07:03 PM
did you mean tranny??? I thought your daughter took care of your nails?

Where oh where is the like button when you need it???

Cheers!

growler2058
12th November 2012, 07:37 PM
Why are people so unkind??

Sent via my tapping thumbs

lil Rig
13th November 2012, 05:41 PM
Looks like someone has to do some more sanding.

Sad face hahaha

Bigrig
4th February 2013, 08:42 AM
Well, it's been a while, mostly due to block exams the young fella had to concentrate on, and then an extended break over Xmas, but alas, there was movement at the station ...

All resanded and redid the paint job ... taking time makes a difference!! lol. Come up pretty good, so we bolted a few panels on over the weekend and last week made a start on the new roof line and upholstery ... gotta get some bolts to mount the roof, but it's done as is the flooring and most if the interior rebuild ...

Only the doors to put back together and on the truck, tray and wheels to go on, windshield to go in, stereo and speakers to mount, front grill and bullbar, and then it's ready for roadworthy ...

Getting there indeed!! When he gets his P plates next month, he's gunna be the envy of a few I dare say ... including me!! (I want a ute!! lol).

I'd Tap That!!

taslucas
4th February 2013, 10:42 AM
Looking good Scotty and Liam:-) gotta love that p plater envy!

FanTapstic!

BigRAWesty
4th February 2013, 10:45 AM
You boys planned a running in trip yet?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Bigrig
4th February 2013, 12:06 PM
You boys planned a running in trip yet?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Not yet mate ... will be a camping style (boys only) trip I reckon ... get him used to it around town, on the highway, and some mild off road to begin with ...

BigRAWesty
4th February 2013, 12:21 PM
He need a winch?? :D

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

threedogs
4th February 2013, 01:15 PM
Looking very neat should romp in the RWC.
Just thinking its going to be very light over the rear axles??? your thoughts
Great colour to, I had a dualcab GU lined up then MOF went and had herself a heart attack
Go figure, alls good now

Bigrig
4th February 2013, 01:16 PM
He need a winch?? :D

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Ummmm ... yep ... but we sell them also, so along with all the other free advertising that will be slapped on his truck, a winch will be on the list!! Gotta get something back for my efforts!! lmao

BigRAWesty
4th February 2013, 01:48 PM
Ummmm ... yep ... but we sell them also, so along with all the other free advertising that will be slapped on his truck, a winch will be on the list!! Gotta get something back for my efforts!! lmao

Lol.. so you do.. :o

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Airstrike
4th February 2013, 06:43 PM
YAY another car for the Mardi gras

megatexture
4th February 2013, 07:04 PM
Not yet mate ... will be a camping style (boys only) trip I reckon ... get him used to it around town, on the highway, and some mild off road to begin with ...
I'm surprised I thought you would have chucked him in the deep end and send him up the test track after all that rain lol

Bigrig
4th February 2013, 07:18 PM
I'm surprised I thought you would have chucked him in the deep end and send him up the test track after all that rain lol

Hahaha ... would have ... if it had wheels and tyres!!! lmao

I'd Tap That!!

brw1994
4th February 2013, 11:01 PM
I was lucky I was always the one envied with my neat 4runner and now my beaut mav, still on my p's can't complain ;)

Looking spot on Bigrig!

Bigrig
9th February 2013, 04:41 PM
Well, a few odds and sods left, and it's ready for roadworthy - big thanks to Yendor (Rod) for coming over this morning and giving the electrics the once over.

I changed the dizzy cover, leads and plugs this morning, gave the carby a tickle, checked timing, and it is purring like a kitten once more ...

Only new headlights, some trims, front grill, and bullbar to happen and away he goes ... and I get my shed back!!!!!!!! YEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!!! lol

Don't know how well this will come out, but he carbon fibre'd the exposed spots - looks pretty trick actually.

These tyres and wheels are coming off with mine (black rims and maxxis bighorns) going on, but until I get my new ones, these will do ...

I'd Tap That!!

NissanGQ4.2
9th February 2013, 05:09 PM
Nice work Liam, Its looking better than "TANK"

growler2058
9th February 2013, 05:15 PM
Very very fancy pants