PDA

View Full Version : Forum Smartphone App?

damaverick
5th October 2012, 08:11 PM
I've been a member of a few different car, motorcycle and aviation forums but this by far contains the most useful information and its members seem to be a lot friendlier.

I see there is even a nissanpatrol.com.au magazine, why not make a phone app for Android/iPhone? Would be very handy for people to access info whilst they're on the move.

AB
5th October 2012, 08:16 PM
Hi mate, download tappa talk. I set up tappa for the forum for us to use and it works a treat!

NissanGQ4.2
5th October 2012, 08:19 PM
You can access the forum on Iphone, and pretty sure on Android using an app called tapatalk.

I know you can't use tapatalk on Symbian phones and don't think there is anything else out there that can be used with Symbian phones

teno45
5th October 2012, 08:20 PM
another vote for tapatalk. Works amazingly

(except for when I got my new phone and I had to connect to wifi to find forums)

Winnie
5th October 2012, 08:21 PM
Yep tapatalk is the go, makes forum posting too easy (just look at growler)

growler2058
5th October 2012, 08:24 PM
Yup tappa chat is good but sometimes the search function sh1t5 me to tears

Sent via my tapping thumbs

damaverick
5th October 2012, 08:34 PM
props, will make sure I download it

P.S. are people referring to tapatalk when they say double tap, tapper tapper, etc. at the end of their post?

sam697
5th October 2012, 08:36 PM
props, will make sure I download it

P.S. are people referring to tapatalk when they say double tap, tapper tapper, etc. at the end of their post?

Yes they are

wildgu6
5th October 2012, 09:50 PM
Yep tapatalk rox, on the move, anytime, anywhere you can get coverage, and its free,
But like Grrrrrrrrrowler said the search function can be Grrrrrrrrrr, but no biggy if you know where you need to look.

Clunk
5th October 2012, 10:27 PM
What's a search function???????

Oh yeah and tappa crappa works just lovely but does seem to crash at least once a day for me but again no biggy.

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

BigRAWesty
5th October 2012, 10:41 PM
Tapatalk taps a55...

Sent from a device which doesn't always agree with my thumbs...

taslucas
6th October 2012, 11:39 AM
What's a search function???????

Oh yeah and tappa crappa works just lovely but does seem to crash at least once a day for me but again no biggy.

tappa for me too. Its only crashed twice in 6months for me. Maybe it can sense dribble clunk??

Winnie
6th October 2012, 11:42 AM
Mine has never crashed. What phones are you guys using? Specifically you, Clunk.

Clunk
6th October 2012, 12:05 PM
tappa for me too. Its only crashed twice in 6months for me. Maybe it can sense dribble clunk??

It must be down to the lack of dribble I'm posting because you and Winnie are dribbling far more than I and your tapatalk crashes far less .......... And it can't be to do with dribble quality either.... I read what you both post!!!!!! :D:D

Winnie, doesn't actually crash every day, was just exaggerating a little, maybe crashes once or twice a week and same when using my tablet...... Both are android platforms.........:. Used to crash more on my phone but has got better with each progressive update tappacrap releases

growler2058
6th October 2012, 12:23 PM
I get a crash a month and my posts clearly are all quality hahahhahaha

taslucas
6th October 2012, 12:29 PM
I get a crash a month and my posts clearly are all quality hahahhahaha

well that solves it then, definately not the amount of dribble making it crash!

lmao

taslucas
6th October 2012, 12:36 PM
It must be down to the lack of dribble I'm posting because you and Winnie are dribbling far more than I and your tapatalk crashes far less .......... And it can't be to do with dribble quality either.... I read what you both post!!!!!! :D:D

hey just cast your mind back a year or so ago when i joined and remember a little thing called the night shift hahahahahahaha. I was just a forum newby, wading into a world of late night drunken ramlbings and general chat lol and there, just visible through the haze of explitives and inuendos sat a rowdy anomaly known as CLUNK

hahahahahahahahhah

Clunk
6th October 2012, 03:21 PM
hey just cast your mind back a year or so ago when i joined and remember a little thing called the night shift hahahahahahaha. I was just a forum newby, wading into a world of late night drunken ramlbings and general chat lol and there, just visible through the haze of explitives and inuendos sat a rowdy anomaly known as CLUNK

hahahahahahahahhah

Ah yes, you have me there but those ramblings mostly done on the lappy where 2 hands were mist certainly better than one thumb lol

ajax1sm
11th October 2012, 03:37 PM
I usually use my galaxy to view the site whilst on the shitter, every morning :)

Haven't had a problem yet (with the phone)