PDA

View Full Version : Drag link arm! Need help!

Ben89
5th October 2012, 07:37 PM
Gday all, thanks for reading
On a website i'm ordering a drag link specifies either a eye to eye drag link arm, Or and pin to pin drag link arm, And I have no clue what my stearing damper has on it. Could you guys help me out and give a little explanation as to why its a eye to eye or pin to pin?

Cheers guys

threedogs
5th October 2012, 07:46 PM
One in the pic is pin /pin
eye / eye would look like the bottom of your shocker

growler2058
5th October 2012, 07:54 PM
One in the pic is pin /pin
eye / eye would look like the bottom of your shocker

You referencing the steering dampner??

Sent via my tapping thumbs

threedogs
5th October 2012, 08:12 PM
Yeah the pic is pin/pin dampner
eye/eye dampner would look like bush end of shocker
Will get a pic of eye style

nissannewby
5th October 2012, 09:30 PM
eye/eye style will be the same as your rear shocks. Your steering dampener and front shocks are pin/pin

Ben89
7th October 2012, 03:43 PM
Cheers guys, Big help

MudRunnerTD
7th October 2012, 03:57 PM
Note mate. The pics are of your Steering Dampner. Not your Drag Link! Your steering Dampner is connected to your Drag Link?? Make sure your ordering the right part but. Post a link of what you are looking at and someone will steer you straight

MEGOMONSTER
7th October 2012, 04:51 PM
someone will steer you straight
Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

MudRunnerTD
7th October 2012, 07:04 PM
Yeah as I wrote it I thought.....derrr! But I'm on my iPhone and could not be shagged changing it! Lol

Ben89
10th October 2012, 06:51 PM
These are the pictures of the ends, And this is the link for the part I was going to order
http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_32_33_177&products_id=867

Cheers for the help guys, Hopefully order this one tomorrow if its the right part

MudRunnerTD
10th October 2012, 07:10 PM
Hi mate your on the right track bud. That is the correct part and is the Drag Link (steering rod)

I have this item on both my GU and my GQ. I have the 4140 and rate them.

You could save $75 and go the lesser mecavel link at the bottom of the page.

If you have the cash go with your link. You can also get a Tie Rod (behind the diff) in the same quality ;)

Have fun mate. No regrets

Ben89
10th October 2012, 07:25 PM
Cheers mate, Really appreciate it, I have the spare cash so I might aswell go the full ball

MudRunnerTD
10th October 2012, 07:40 PM
cheers mate, really appreciate it, i have the spare cash so i might aswell go the full ball

HELL Yeah!!!!