PDA

View Full Version : gq extracab styleside....

radius fab
5th October 2012, 07:21 PM
hey guys this is my truck i have been working on in between working on everyone elses trucks. ill put more pics up when i have time. done everything myself. hope you like...

megatexture
5th October 2012, 07:27 PM
thats going to look sweet when its done nice one !

growler2058
5th October 2012, 07:30 PM
Absolutely love it mate awesome
Drop by the intros and say g'day and tell us more so noone misses out on what ya doin

Sent via my tapping thumbs

radius fab
5th October 2012, 08:48 PM
some more pics of the rig and stainless system i mate for it..

radius fab
5th October 2012, 08:55 PM
only a stock tb42 for now

growler2058
5th October 2012, 08:58 PM
What motor are ya gunna run in it when it's done??

MEGOMONSTER
5th October 2012, 09:17 PM
Great looking ride, monster when it's finished.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

radius fab
5th October 2012, 09:23 PM
building a tb42 turbo with gt3540 and aftermarket computer. hope to get around 550hp. going to make a steampipe high mount manifold,frontmount cooler,custom inlet plenum and fuel rail and a couple other little secrets :)

growler2058
5th October 2012, 09:39 PM
Farr out lookn forward to this build!!

radius fab
5th October 2012, 09:52 PM
cheers mate. everyone does v8s and other conversions. i wanted to build something different. not alot of people really worry about doing the tb42 builds but they are a strong motor. always good to be different.

four play
5th October 2012, 09:57 PM
love the look of the chop mate and i digg the colour thats nearly the same as the colour im painting my ute

growler2058
5th October 2012, 09:57 PM
One of the moderators here "big rig" has done up his tb42 with turbo etc his members ride is called "tank big grey and ugly" think he was chasing 300 at the wheels can't remember what he ended up with but it sounds mean as

radius fab
5th October 2012, 10:06 PM
mickey tompson classic 2s and 35 inch mtz. couldnt put steelies on it after all the work gone into the chop and paint. next was work on the hood lining and make a cage before the back sheeting and windows go in..

radius fab
5th October 2012, 10:11 PM
yeah nice. ill have to look that one up. the colour is shinto blue. its of the xy falcons. went a solid colour so its easy to match after a run down a couple trees :)

Bloodyaussie
6th October 2012, 11:16 AM
I like it mate, looks the goods!!!

Out of curiosity what would a conversion like that cost for the guy off the street??

taslucas
6th October 2012, 12:57 PM
Thats a great looking rig mate:). Theres plenty of the dual cab chops about but i havent seen a two door, looks really tough:) Id love to see it parked next to a GQ flat tray ute just to see the differences.

Winnie
6th October 2012, 01:03 PM
Definitely one of the coolest GQs around mate, looks tuff as!

threedogs
6th October 2012, 01:20 PM
Is the roll cage going through the dash on each side.???
Are you just doing flat sheetmetal on the back???
my bad saw pics, great colour that blue too
aussie 6 to8 grand for a rear chop some charge 10 to 15k
then again some can do with mate for 2-3k

taslucas
6th October 2012, 01:40 PM
One of the moderators here "big rig" has done up his tb42 with turbo etc his members ride is called "tank big grey and ugly" think he was chasing 300 at the wheels can't remember what he ended up with but it sounds mean as

Damn nice build thread it is too:)
Here is his thread:
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1654-The-quot-Tank-quot-Big-Grey-and-Ugly-..
Theres a lot to read through. I think the turbo talk starts around page 148-150

and here is the page with the dyno video with turbo:
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1654-The-quot-Tank-quot-Big-Grey-and-Ugly-../page152

radius fab
6th October 2012, 06:02 PM
Thanks guys. Aussie I did this all myself and I'm opening my own fab shop in Brisbane as of next week doing all this type of work. A lot of guys pay about $8000 and some pay $3000. At the end of the day it's the old story...you get what you pay for. I did mine with a lot of thought and didn't just throw a grinder at it. Everything is fully welded. I used no more then half a litre of bog. And that was a skim down the sides and I little around the back window.

Taslucas thanks mate. As for seeing it next to a tray back ill put a photo up later. I finally took the old girl out of the shed today :)

radius fab
6th October 2012, 07:21 PM
build my cage before sheeting the back and the sides and before the glass went in to make it easyier. cams approved and fully tig welded. powder coated the cage but not where i needed to weld then just hit it with touch up paint

King_ady1
7th October 2012, 04:09 AM
love it mate, i have always wondered if any1 has tried this cut down and how it would look, and must say rather impressed. looking forward to how your building the turbo tb42 up, currently stripped mine down now and just researching what parts to put back in her so i dont blow another piston out :P

makeitfit
7th October 2012, 10:21 AM
That's the mutz nutz mate, shit hot :) I'm going to copy you big time, love it x
Right, where's my grinder lol

radius fab
7th October 2012, 08:16 PM
haha go nuts mate. the first cut is always the hardest. then its fun :)

77gze
8th October 2012, 01:12 AM
Tough lookin truck dude good work

radius fab
8th October 2012, 11:04 PM
Cheers mate. Ill upload some more pics soon

Irvs
8th October 2012, 11:51 PM
I'm not even a fan of utes and I want one of these now, some bloody unreal work you've done on that mate, well done

Clunk
9th October 2012, 01:06 AM
Not seen this style chop before..... Love your work mate, looks fantastic

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

The BigFella
9th October 2012, 08:01 AM
congratulations on an awesome job!
Looks factory and that is very difficult to do.
Your eye for detail is obvious with the interior shots.
Well done dude, enjoy your ride!

radius fab
9th October 2012, 09:29 AM
thanks guys :) it took me a bit to work out where to cut it to look factory. i googled images of broncos and scouts to come up with a happy cab length. im going to do another one as i have a couple ideas that i thought of after doing this one like the rear window will wind down and barwork in the rear to hold the spare like a baja truck. this is going to be me work truck and im getting stickers down the side of it. this is the stuff i will be doing and more

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15300-radius-fabrication-opening-soon....

radius fab
9th October 2012, 09:57 AM
tube winch bar i made for it. going to make a matching rear bar

Forced Offroad
9th October 2012, 01:46 PM
Top work, I have done a style side chop on my GQ as well. Far better looking in my opinion.

nissannewby
9th October 2012, 05:38 PM
I like that aye. Is that the way its gonna stay or are you putting a hoop on it as well? I like how it is now nice and minimal but looks tough as nails.

radius fab
9th October 2012, 07:24 PM
Yeah thinking of leaving it like that but I still have to finish the tailgate. Going to try mount a BBQ in the tailgate :)

nissannewby
9th October 2012, 08:14 PM
Yeah thinking of leaving it like that but I still have to finish the tailgate. Going to try mount a BBQ in the tailgate :)

Haha Gold man that would be awesome if you follow through with that can see you getting plenty of invites on trips with a setup like that. I messaged you about an airbox yesterday just wondering what cost would be pm me if you like.

Once again mate this work looks top quality keep it up.

radius fab
9th October 2012, 09:59 PM
im even thinking of putting water proof speakers in the back so when we go camping we can have music going well standing around the tailgate having a bbq :)

radius fab
9th October 2012, 10:10 PM
instead of barn doors i made a custom tailgate to the shape and body lines of the truck. thinking of mounting a bbq in the tailgate :)

megatexture
9th October 2012, 10:29 PM
that would be awsome! do it cant wait to see this thing in person at a meet

radius fab
9th October 2012, 11:34 PM
feel free to drop into the shop and say hi mate :)

Little Mick
10th October 2012, 09:16 AM
Very very nice,if i was ever going to do a chop thats way i would like it done and you'd be on top of my short list of people to do it.

radius fab
10th October 2012, 03:20 PM
Cheers mate :)

Ben-e-boy
10th October 2012, 07:45 PM
I'm keen to drop by the shop one day I'm interested in an airbox and exhaust manifold

Bigrig
10th October 2012, 07:51 PM
I'm keen to drop by the shop one day I'm interested in an airbox and exhaust manifold

Dropped by today Richie - you weren't there. No drama, we'll catch up ...

Think I saw your truck parked outside Redlands 4wd though? Was that you??

Keen to get some work done also ...

radius fab
10th October 2012, 08:20 PM
hey mate ill be down there as of tuesday next week starting to set up and been working in a couple weeks. ill have a couple cold ones in the fridge ready for you guys :) ill start posting some pics of work i have done recently in my vendors section tonight guys if you wanna have a look

Bigrig
10th October 2012, 09:38 PM
hey mate ill be down there as of tuesday next week starting to set up and been working in a couple weeks. ill have a couple cold ones in the fridge ready for you guys :) ill start posting some pics of work i have done recently in my vendors section tonight guys if you wanna have a look

Too easy mate - will definitely catch up.

nissannewby
10th October 2012, 10:41 PM
Ill also be down as soon as this turbo and intercooler turn up :)

radius fab
10th October 2012, 11:11 PM
i fitted one of them turbo kits today...not very fun at all. the 4th bottom nut is a tricky one dude. heads up :)

radius fab
12th October 2012, 09:55 PM
cant deside to run one or two 4 inch snorkels...thoughts?

Winnie
12th October 2012, 10:15 PM
Two! Twin snorkels look sooooooo tuff!

nissannewby
12th October 2012, 10:22 PM
i fitted one of them turbo kits today...not very fun at all. the 4th bottom nut is a tricky one dude. heads up :)

Yeah mate have done a couple getting it sussed now :).

nissannewby
12th October 2012, 10:25 PM
cant deside to run one or two 4 inch snorkels...thoughts?

2 will look sick especially with that front bar and chrome grill

radius fab
12th October 2012, 10:29 PM
haha i should have got you to fit it. yeah i was thinking twin snorkels powdercoated black

Winnie
12th October 2012, 10:32 PM
I was thinking just twin snorkels in plain stainless, would suit all the chrome on your rig. Powdercoated would look cool too. Guess you will see what it looks like when making it.

nissannewby
12th October 2012, 10:37 PM
I would throw em on stainless then just throw some black spray paint on one and see which you like better as the black spray paint will just buff off the stainless.

threedogs
12th October 2012, 11:05 PM
Twin Brushed stainless steel . Front page stuff IMO

radius fab
13th October 2012, 07:57 AM
yeah i might do them brushed then like you say i can always see what they look like then coat them black if i dont like them.

highrise
1st October 2013, 04:50 PM
Do you have any pics of it finished mate?