PDA

View Full Version : ADRAD 2 row copper/brass opinions in GQ petrol

Neesmo31
4th October 2012, 08:57 AM
Hey, just wondering if anyone has been running an adrad 2 row with success? I currently have a PWR alloy that is on its last legs. Its been great, but its got about a day left in her.

The lad i was talking to from the rad shop reckons that he has had problems with the 3 row, and truely recommends the 2 row.

My engine is nothing flash, just stock, so all i need is a nice radiator that will handle the slow crawling stuff.... i have totally separated the trans coolers and run 2 PWR auto coolers with fans on the front of the car, so no auto heat will get into the engine cooling.

Thanks in advance...

Neesmo31
4th October 2012, 12:04 PM
A local shop recommends their own fabricated 3 row (18FPI) apparently the 3 row ones they were selling a while ago didnt have the FPI required to effectively cool the big girls..... Hmmm something to think about.

patch697
4th October 2012, 12:19 PM
What the TPI & the FPI on the 2 row????

A 3 row will pass more water through but that doesn't always make it more efficient ie: more TPI & FPI in a 2 row will disperse the heat better & have the water pass a little slower then a 3 row giving it time to cool.

Rather then look at the number of rows in the core I'd be more interested in its efficiency rating.

I've probably just confused you even more.... Sorry about that...lol

Neesmo31
4th October 2012, 03:17 PM
Apparently both identical FPI, only diff is the 3 core is wider. 29mm for the 2 row, 44mm for the 3. About 15mm per row. As in its basically a 2 row with an extra end row...

I think ill just go back to PWR again... at least I know they work... (and mine is busted because its about 7-8 years old lol)

77gze
5th October 2012, 10:45 PM
2 row
Copper was fine in
Mine!