PDA

View Full Version : GQ Dash cluster

Airstrike
4th October 2012, 12:36 AM
Hi Guys, looking at changing the cluster in the ol faithful. I have a new cluster from a donor vehicle BT I have been told even though same cluster from same year the Diesel cluster wont work correct in the injected car???? Can anyone confirm this

MudRunnerTD
4th October 2012, 12:48 AM
Yep 95% sure that advice is right sorry bud.

Airstrike
4th October 2012, 01:19 AM
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol all good I shall keep looking. my hassle is most blokes selling them don t know what they are out of. Whats a obvious difference I should look for? is it a different setup or no tacho

Cheers

patch697
4th October 2012, 01:27 AM
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol all good I shall keep looking. my hassle is most blokes selling them don t know what they are out of. Whats a obvious difference I should look for? is it a different setup or no tacho

Cheers

I think from memory mate the diesel tachos are cable driven but its been a while so hopefully someone con confirm this for ya...

nissannewby
4th October 2012, 11:14 AM
I Have a 99 Diesel GQ and its tacho runs off the alternator. I thought most did the tachos still have the same range as the petrol motors. Are you able to get yours out and compare it with the replacement?

Airstrike
4th October 2012, 02:24 PM
They look the exact same, but I dont want to pull mine if wiring etc will be needed other then what I expected to o otherwise I will Flock of seagulls it up.