PDA

View Full Version : Cabin pollen filter for '89 model

damaverick
3rd October 2012, 02:53 PM
Hi Guys,

I want to replace the cabin pollen filter on my '89 model Maverick DA/Patrol GQ. I can't seem to find it though.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Mav

MudRunnerTD
3rd October 2012, 05:44 PM
hmmmm Not sure there is one mate

In the GU model it is in the heater box behind the Glove box. Easy to get to but is actually Blanked off in most models! You have to cut out the slot and it will slot straight in. Not sure about a GQ though.

Head to your local Super Cheap and ask them to look up the part number, if there is not one then your out of luck ;)

Or take you glove box out and have a look, post a pic when you do and i'll tell you where to cut.

damaverick
3rd October 2012, 07:41 PM
Cheers bro, my local mechanic just confirmed these earlier models don't have a cabin filter.

I found a link off another site where some guy cut out a rectangle in his Patrol to slide in the filters but I think this was also for the GU model as mine looked a lot different when I removed the glovebox. Might have to give it a miss for now as there is more urgent work to be done on the truck in the meantime.

Thanks anyway.

JonnoD
31st October 2012, 11:39 AM
I would have been suprised if they had one as cabin filters on jap/aus cars are only a recent addition