PDA

View Full Version : Bubble sound under dash panel.

Wine_maker
3rd October 2012, 02:41 AM
Hi folks!
The winter is near here, and quite cold in the morning. My salon temperature slider fixed on 25-27 C, and after day of riding I hear the bubble sounds under the dash panel. I thought the radiator of salon heater have a leak after 1st use in this year, but it isn't (no antifreeze under front rugs).
So, the question - why I have air in cooling system?
Crack of head of cylinders? But I haven't oil signs in coolant tank.

PS. Safari GQ, RD28T, 1994 year, Auto.

threedogs
3rd October 2012, 06:21 AM
You'll need to bleed the system, park your 4x4 nose up somewhere, cut the bottom off a 1.25lt plastic coka cola bottle.
place upside down in radiator, all this does it raise your fill point. 4x4 must be pointing up, start 4x4 fill coke bottle with water
your heater must be on full. you'll notice air bubbles. Carefull not to burn yourself.
make sure all your hose clamps and hoses are in good condition.
All the air [bubbles] will find their way to highest point, the coke bottle.

Wine_maker
4th October 2012, 01:36 PM
Thank you threedogs!

I already done what you advised to me. I did't see any bubbles in the bottle, but the bubble sounds from dash panel is disappeared.

patch697
4th October 2012, 01:43 PM
Thank you threedogs!

I already done what you advised to me. I did't see any bubbles in the bottle, but the bubble sounds from dash panel is disappeared.

You may have had a small air lock in your heater core from not being in use over the summer months & after use has since bled itself out. If this was the case then I'd say its sorted itself out & you need not worry.

threedogs
4th October 2012, 02:26 PM
X 2 with Patch, very hard to remove all the bubbles, but it wouldn't hurt to do again, maybe squeeze a hose to force water around a bit faster.
looks like you fixed it, so alls good.