PDA

View Full Version : GQ viscous fan rebuild!

zmaster
2nd October 2012, 10:45 PM
Need some advice on rebuilding a sealed viscous fan clutch out of petrol Patrol. Have searched all over the net, numerous forums, on rebuilding a fan clutch. There are comments of drilling holes and tapping, but where do the holes go? Should I just drill two holes randomly, someone must know the exact location of the holes needed to drain and refil the clutch. Any advice would be appreciated.

threedogs
2nd October 2012, 11:00 PM
Whats a set of thermo fans cost off an falcon instead, might be worth looking into.
give you a few more ponies as well

NissanGQ4.2
2nd October 2012, 11:11 PM
Is there any reason you are not going thermo fans?

I went thermo''s in in my 4.2efi when I had to replace my fan.

Airstrike
3rd October 2012, 02:09 AM
Are the thermos worth the change out? I was thinking of getting some off a BA Falcon with a kill switch for water crossing etc

Is there any reason you are not going thermo fans?

I went thermo''s in in my 4.2efi when I had to replace my fan.

NissanGQ4.2
3rd October 2012, 07:28 AM
Are the thermos worth the change out? I was thinking of getting some off a BA Falcon with a kill switch for water crossing etc

I would only do it if you needed to replace your fan or hub, you will find a few post on fan vs thermo's, but I would go thermo's any day :)

kiwijase
4th October 2012, 07:12 AM
i need to do the same to my fan,as i can stop it with my hand while its idling.I dont know how to hook uo thermo's and dont have the money to buy any,could anyone help me out and tell me how to do it?

zmaster
19th October 2012, 08:56 PM
Had thermos in the past, found the mechanical fan more reliable and sucked more air!

luvpsi
19th October 2012, 09:46 PM
If you do mud or any water crossings wouldn't touch thermos more problems than what they are worth