PDA

View Full Version : What up

damaverick
2nd October 2012, 10:05 PM
Hi,

I am the new proud owner of an '89 Maverick 4.2 litre LPG & petrol (2 door). I'm going to buy a hang glider at the end of the year and will need to install roof racks and some sort of mount off the front bar to support the glider.

Car is stock except for some custom bars, sunraiser rims and 35" tyres. Has had many replaced/rebuilt parts although still needs a bit more work done.

Some problems I have noticed thus far; 3rd gear jumps out to neutral sometimes under braking, brakes need replacing, idle is very high on LPG at about 1600RPM (is that normal?), needs new rocker cover gasket and sump gasket, passenger window regulator needs replacing and I will need to fit a new steering wheel with a horn that works.

I was told $135 is a decent price for the window regulator - I found one on ebay for $35 delivered!

Feel free to help me out with any advice/suggestions/etc.

It's my first 4X4 and I'm pretty excited. I look forward to hearing your experiences and sharing mine with you.

Cheers,
Mav

NissanGQ4.2
2nd October 2012, 10:08 PM
Welcome 2 the forum mate,

Great bunch of members on here always willing 2 help out where they can

What area are you from?

Cheers

Todd

threedogs
2nd October 2012, 10:11 PM
They are great 4x4s mate some even say iconic, but sorry they can't fly.
Welcome mate, great bunch of people here plenty of info as well
jump in anytime and enjoy.
I've jumped off a perfectly good hill in a hang glider, still don't know why OMG

growler2058
2nd October 2012, 10:14 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Double Tap

threedogs
2nd October 2012, 10:19 PM
What area are you from???

damaverick
2nd October 2012, 10:21 PM
thanks fellas, I'm from the Hills District in Sydney

threedogs
2nd October 2012, 10:28 PM
Just thought I may be able to help with your bar work for the glider, but too far away

wildgu6
2nd October 2012, 10:31 PM
Welcome aboard buddy top mob here with tons of info and laughs,
Jump in and Enjoy mate

Cheers Pete

Yappa Tappa Doo

damaverick
2nd October 2012, 10:36 PM
thanks anyway

MEGOMONSTER
3rd October 2012, 05:39 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

Maxhead
3rd October 2012, 07:34 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

........... On the move

Dhuck
9th October 2012, 05:41 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

2TROLLFAM
10th October 2012, 01:10 PM
Welcome aboard !! As most (naahhh ALL) will agree this is a pretty awesome forum with a truck load of information to be found & fun to be had ... Hope you enjoy you're stay - the key is to participate :)