PDA

View Full Version : GQ rear diff centre into front housing (project idea for fun 4ws buggy)

Dave Holio
2nd October 2012, 10:01 PM
been wondering now for some time if the rear diff centre will bolt into the front housing asimtoying around with the idea of a 4ws project Buggy ! aka the "Warhog" from Halo ,
the idea is cutting up the chassis and welding up to front ends back to back and using hydrolics to control the steering front and rear !
are the splines the same on the axles and cv shafts ?

threedogs
2nd October 2012, 10:32 PM
PM nissannewby he's your man if he's not on line already

MudRunnerTD
2nd October 2012, 10:33 PM
I understand the D22 rear LSD will go straight in ;)

nissannewby
2nd October 2012, 10:38 PM
Pathfinder LSD rears go into the front. There are plenty of threads around of people doing it too. I think the fronts are slightly smaller hence the pathy and navara diffs can be used.

taslucas
3rd October 2012, 07:51 AM
there was one done like that in a 4wd action mag about a year ago. No idea which issue # sorry.

BigRAWesty
3rd October 2012, 07:55 AM
No. As I wanted the same thing. A front LSD..
But as mentioned early model navara rear LSD diffs are suppose to drop right in..

Sent from a device which doesn't always agree with my thumbs...

Benno7
3rd October 2012, 09:24 AM
I can confirm that a pathfinder rear centre fits in a gq front. I had a 2.4 D21 pathfinder with a arb air locker and the locker is now in my brothers gq.
Just check the pathfinders rear axle code it should be the same as the gq front.

BigRAWesty
3rd October 2012, 08:35 PM
I can confirm that a pathfinder rear centre fits in a gq front. I had a 2.4 D21 pathfinder with a arb air locker and the locker is now in my brothers gq.
Just check the pathfinders rear axle code it should be the same as the gq front.

How many K's has it done? I'm mostly worried about the strength of it?

Benno7
3rd October 2012, 09:02 PM
None of the pathy gears were used just the air locker part. I dont know how many kms of use in the gq But when it was in the pathy it was given hell every day.

BigRAWesty
3rd October 2012, 10:09 PM
None of the pathy gears were used just the air locker part. I dont know how many kms of use in the gq But when it was in the pathy it was given hell every day.

No worries. Did the pathfinder do an LSD?

Dave Holio
3rd October 2012, 10:35 PM
the thing is that i want to bolt up the whole front housing in the rear , so would the carrier fit ?

nissannewby
4th October 2012, 10:29 AM
You will have to use the whole front housing with a rear LSD out of one of the specified vehicles (pathfinder or navara). I dont think a GQ LSD will fit into the front housing. I will have to look into a little more myself as theres a little part of me that thinks it wont go into the front because of the rotation part of it as well but this is for when people want to put one in the front and since its staying in the rear it could work. However you may then have the issue of spline counts being different between front and rear.

Dave Holio
4th October 2012, 10:49 AM
thats the little details im looking at . and cheers for that :) still more research for me to do ( hydrolic rear steering is my other prob )

BigRAWesty
4th October 2012, 10:54 AM
The gq use different gears front and rear. Thus why you can't just bolt the rear diff up front.
Spline is different if I remember correctly.

Dave Holio
4th October 2012, 06:35 PM
other question would be does the front fit into the housing upside down as this is going to be a primary drive in the rear , its just i heard that they dont like being stressed in reverse thats or is that just a rumour

77gze
5th October 2012, 10:43 PM
So pathfinder is the go?

nissannewby
6th October 2012, 02:13 AM
Heres some good info here Dave. I hope it works.

http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=213824&p=1934074&hilit=pathfinder+lsd#p1934074

http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=212747&p=1922839&hilit=pathfinder+lsd#p1922839

http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=205430&p=1866738&hilit=pathfinder+lsd#p1866738

JonnoD
31st October 2012, 11:37 AM
like every one else has said, the rear is bigger than the front and the smaller rear lasd out of navaras/pathfinders should fit

Dave Holio
31st October 2012, 08:18 PM
this is good cause i dont want open centres on the 4ws concept

GQ TANK
26th April 2013, 05:32 PM
Thread dig.

Will a rear lsd h233 diff from a MK fit the front H233b diff of a GQ?

Ryangtd42
4th March 2014, 03:51 PM
when I was an apprentice with no money I did the narvara lsd dif swap in the front lasted about 2 4x4 trips and the clutches fried I opted for the locker after that never looked back