PDA

View Full Version : Egr block off

Dan&Jodie
2nd October 2012, 07:06 PM
Hi guys have purchased a plate from the ferrit . Can I fit it now or should I wate till I have dawl screw etc. will it cause any boost issues

the ferret
2nd October 2012, 07:48 PM
Hi Dan, Fitting the plate will create a few issues with regard to boost, however this can be overcome on the ZD30.
There is a heap of info on this forum regarding EGR block ZD30.
A boost gauge is one thing you should look at getting, and Dawse valve.
You will also need to monitor your EGTs (exhaust gas temp)
I think threedogs on here may be able to help with the Dawse.
Cheers, the ferret.

threedogs
2nd October 2012, 08:40 PM
Yo what area are you in?? First up I'd get a pillar pod and EGT and Boost guage, now you'll be able to see whats happening under the bonnet. This is the best thing anyone with a Di Z30 can do. Once thats set up you can get your DAWES from 3barracing in the states $45, or pm Mudski I think a little bit more but you'll get it quicker. fit a provent 200 catch can and grab a needle valve from Dependable distributors in Sth Aus. you already have plate from The Ferret. Check the search engine for threads etc. Chaz Yellowfoot [GURU] has plenty of pics on set up etc.
All up this is around the best $1000 you could ever spend. Just PM if you get stuck

Dan&Jodie
2nd October 2012, 09:52 PM
Cheers lads.
She is a 05 st wagon manaul .
3inch mercury system , catch can , recore intercooler . 3 Piller pod ,
Have bought a 10 inch fan for intercooler kind of think it's to big . But have permission from the boss to cut some of the engine cover to open it up a bit , found a good L shaped seal at clack rubber today to put around it .
Still waiting on thermo stat to fit it all up .
Yeah got the plate today from Ferrit , ( thanks lad )
Was going to fit it but thought I better check on here first , will purchase the dewl screwe and needle ,
I did originally buy a turbo smart control but spoke to Chaz and he said it want work .
Luckily I checked first was about to install it

Dan&Jodie
2nd October 2012, 09:54 PM
Mackay qld

threedogs
2nd October 2012, 09:59 PM
If you have the drawing of Chaz's its easy to set up, Pm Mudski you'll have dawes by the end of the week. block egr at the same time,
Follow any advice given by Chaz as I said not much he doesn't know about the Z30 Di