PDA

View Full Version : G'Day!

James_R
1st October 2012, 04:25 PM
Hi Everyone

James is the name. I've just bought myself a 2003 ST 4.8L Auto wagon, I love it! What a fantastic truck. This being my first fourby I've owned (driven a fair few for work purposes) I'm looking forward to hearing the advice of the more experienced members and learning new things.

Cheers

growler2058
1st October 2012, 04:34 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Double Tap

Michaelh
1st October 2012, 05:42 PM
Hi James. Welcome on board. Lots of info to be found here.

MEGOMONSTER
2nd October 2012, 05:14 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

threedogs
2nd October 2012, 05:18 PM
hello and welcome James, great people here and plenty of info as well.
Jump in anytime and enjoy

wildgu6
2nd October 2012, 06:00 PM
Welcome aboard Buddy, top mob here with tons of info and laughs,
Jump in and Enjoy mate

Cheers Pete

sam697
2nd October 2012, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the forum James. Great people, plenty of info and a few good laughs to be found here. I hope you enjoy your stay :)

damaverick
2nd October 2012, 10:30 PM
Welcome James, what made you go for an automatic?

Not sure what the deal is with all these bots...

King_ady1
3rd October 2012, 02:45 AM
hey james. welcome aboard. plenty of helpful stuff on this forum.

hope to c u around. Ady :)

James_R
3rd October 2012, 03:00 AM
To be honest mate it was just the right place, at the right time. I took it for a test drive and fell in love. I'd driven both manuals and autos in several different diesel and petrol variants beforehand and done a bit of research into the dramas the ZD30 donks had/have, and decided to go for the 4.8 in either auto or manual.

The choice of an auto was simply because this was my first fourby I've owned, and I the wiser side of me said it would be much easier to learn the basics of off road driving with a "point and go" truck instead of one I had to worry about gears with as well. As much as I love the challenge of a manual, the fact that the car does a fair bit of city (if you can call Newcastle a city) driving aided my descision.

damaverick
3rd October 2012, 09:46 AM
Fair enough, personally I would love to have the convenience of an auto but have always stuck with manual cars once I knew they generally have stronger boxes and are easier to maintain

All the best with your adventures!

Maxhead
3rd October 2012, 07:33 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

........... On the move

PMC
5th October 2012, 12:09 AM
G'day James,

Welcome and good luck with your Patrol!

Regards,

RLI

Dhuck
9th October 2012, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

2TROLLFAM
10th October 2012, 01:16 PM
Welcome aboard !! As most (naahhh ALL) will agree this is a pretty awesome forum with a truck load of information to be found & fun to be had ... Hope you enjoy you're stay - the key is to participate :)

Rip'n'Shred
12th November 2012, 01:29 PM
Welcome mate, I may well run into you on the tracks somewhere around Newy one day.

Be sure to get some pics of your rig up soon.

scotty83
12th November 2012, 01:47 PM
Welcome to the Patrol and GU families.... hopefully see you around..

Bloodyaussie
12th November 2012, 04:27 PM
Welcome aboard mate.......

healy
12th November 2012, 04:28 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

my third 256
13th November 2012, 12:33 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen