PDA

View Full Version : Intro from mojo

mojo
1st October 2012, 03:53 PM
Hi, just purchased 2002 GU2 Patrol 5sp 2 weeks ago. Drove 2000km from Sydney to Mackay, Nth Qld with no issues. Yesterday we just returned from our first road trip (1000km each way) & had the engine malfunction light come on (once on drive down, then once again 8 days later). Both times I stopped engine immediately, waited for 5 minutes, re-started & the warning light didn't come back on? Manual says could either be Water in Fuel or one of many sensors. I haven't yet checked & drain for potential water in fuel as light went out immediately both times. Both times it happened whilst using cruise control (aftermarket), revs increasing as slightly uphill. Perhaps related to cruise control or most likely water in fuel? Whilst in Brisbane I took it offroad at Mt Mee on medium/difficult tracks, performed great offroad, & no sign of any problems. Not sure if this is a problem or not? In about 2 months we are planning to use the Patrol as a tow vehicle for caravan & want to solve this issue beforehand. Could you post any ideas or help in this thread:http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15122-Engine-Malfunction-Light-newly-purchased-car

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers mojo.

growler2058
1st October 2012, 04:15 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Double Tap

MudRunnerTD
1st October 2012, 04:22 PM
Hi Mojo,

Mate welcome to the forum, Tell us a little about yourself as well mate, hope you find the answers your after, there is a great bunch of blokes here. There are quite a few that are offline this week due to a Massive National Meetup in Queensland right now but welcome aboard.

Cheers MR

BigRAWesty
1st October 2012, 04:32 PM
Hi Mojo. Welcome.
A small glitch, should have someone able to help here. I'd try looking for water in the fuel filter before searching further.

Sent from a device which doesn't always agree with my thumbs...

Michaelh
1st October 2012, 05:42 PM
Hi Mojo. Welcome on board. Lots of info to be found here.

MEGOMONSTER
2nd October 2012, 05:14 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

threedogs
2nd October 2012, 05:22 PM
Welcome mate change your fuel filter, read this quite a bit here. great bunch of peple with lots of info.
Jump in any time and enjoy.

wildgu6
2nd October 2012, 06:00 PM
Welcome aboard Buddy, top mob here with tons of info and laughs,
Jump in and Enjoy mate

Cheers Pete

sam697
2nd October 2012, 07:02 PM
Welcome to the forum mojo. Great people, plenty of info and a few good laughs to be found here. I hope you enjoy your stay :)

damaverick
2nd October 2012, 10:27 PM
I can't help you at this instance but welcome to the forum

Maxhead
3rd October 2012, 07:35 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

........... On the move

PMC
5th October 2012, 12:06 AM
G'day mojo,

Welcome aboard and good luck with your Patrol. You will definitely find the right advice hear, i have on many occasions!

Regards,

RLI

Dhuck
9th October 2012, 06:38 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

2TROLLFAM
10th October 2012, 02:11 PM
Welcome aboard !! As most (naahhh ALL) will agree this is a pretty awesome forum with a truck load of information to be found & fun to be had ... Hope you enjoy you're stay - the key is to participate :)