PDA

View Full Version : "Buna ziua" from Romania

0xff
30th September 2012, 08:50 PM
Hi all,

I'm Felix from Timisoara, Romania.
I'm looking to buy a 200K 2.8TD Y60 from 1994 and i hope i'll have by Tuesday.
This will be my first 4x4 and i'm trying to suck in all the info i can get about it.

This is a great forum as far i can see!

Regards,
Felix

growler2058
30th September 2012, 08:52 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice
Our second Romanian member I reckon
Oldcarsmaniac is from your part of the planet ay

Double Tap

MEGOMONSTER
30th September 2012, 08:57 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

0xff
30th September 2012, 09:18 PM
Thanks guys!

I'm surprised i'm the 2nd romanian here since GQ/Y60 2.8td is one of the most popular 4x4 off roaders around here.
Probably they all hang out on the romanian forums.

Initially, when i decided to get into the off road thing i was looking at Discos, Range Rovers, Samurais and Vitaras.
I almost got a Vitara but my mates talked me out of it and showed me their Patrols. Before they all had Samurais and whatnot..
The Patrols they have now are all bruised from abuse, body rusted like hell but they still go strong. That's what sold me into Patrols.

0xff
30th September 2012, 09:28 PM
This is the one I want to buy. Still in its standard trim (except for the back seats which are missing).
I haven't seen it in flesh yet. It is far up north from here in Transilvania near Cluj and i'll travel on tuesday to get it if it is living up to its advertising.
Any advices and what to look for and what can be a deal breaker?

growler2058
30th September 2012, 09:44 PM
Looks ok will definitely need some lift;-)

Double Tap

Maxhead
3rd October 2012, 07:40 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

........... On the move

threedogs
3rd October 2012, 08:29 PM
Welcome Felix, get them to take money off for no back seat, great forum here for you, plenty of info as well
Will you need a bunch of Garlic or silver bullet to pick up your new 4x4. you know whats in Transylvania eh
We lose so many guys from that area lol Good luck with the new ride.

wildgu6
3rd October 2012, 11:17 PM
Welcome aboard buddy top mob here with tons of info and laughs,
Jump in and Enjoy mate

Cheers Pete

PMC
4th October 2012, 07:03 PM
G'day mate,

welcome to the forum and all the best!

Regards,

RLI

threedogs
4th October 2012, 07:50 PM
OXFF picked up your new ride yet?? don't tell me we lost another one in Transylvania
Knew it, bloody knew it lose more members up that way, obviously forgot the garlic. LOL

rusty_nail
4th October 2012, 07:52 PM
Welcome to the forum mate I'm sure you'll find plenty of useful info on the site. We're a pretty friendly bunch here, I'm lookin forward to seeing pics when u pick it up!

Tappin

ajax1sm
4th October 2012, 08:51 PM
welcome friend! i'm new here too

2TROLLFAM
7th October 2012, 02:58 PM
Howdy !! If you're after info, laughs & just plain madness you've come to the right place :) this is an awesome forum, so make the most of it & ENJOY!!

Dhuck
9th October 2012, 06:33 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

0xff
14th October 2012, 04:33 AM
Finally i got it last week and since then i'm on it. No worries about vampires as I know a garlic sauce recipe that with one exhale all will fall down and wish they were never born. :)
I might share it with you but then i will be cursed by all your spouses when you'll get near them.

The car was a neglected one and the are issues with everything. The radiator was leaking, the viscous coupling busted, the timing belt and tensioners gone, busted cooling and oil hoses,
tires like melons, sponge instead of dampers, couple of injectors gone, leather seats gone. AND the worse of all, low oil pressure. Initially i thought the pressure sender was gone but it was only partially. I only get 1bar on idle and 3.2 at 3000rpm. That's with new oil filter and fresh oil.
Probably, the oil pump is gone too. I haven't pull it off as the weather is getting worse here and i need to get it in shape.

The lift kit has arrived today (Trailmaster +6, from Germany) and i'll try to put it on tomorrow. Then realign the wheels.

So a lot of work until now but i'll get there. The hardest thing is to source a bushing kit.

I'll post some pictures once i'm done working on it even that it will look quite regular.

threedogs
14th October 2012, 04:52 AM
WOW you have plenty of work to do my friend, what does the +6 mean for us here is it 60mm?
Garlic sauce sounds great. lol pics when ready please

0xff
14th October 2012, 06:52 AM
yes, 60mm lift (+6 cm over stock)

Bigrig
14th October 2012, 08:26 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

rainman01
15th October 2012, 05:07 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard...Plenty of beaut stories and advice in here.

Jol
17th October 2012, 04:40 PM
Welcome mate - tons of useful info on here if you have a rummage!

0xff
18th October 2012, 05:19 AM
almost there. the new suspension is up but the manufacturer (trail master) has screwed up panhard mounting extension and have to send me a new one from germany.
so, i'll take a break to let my knuckles bruises and scratches heal.

all the bolts from the suspension are so damn hard to unscrew even after a tone of wd40 and heated with a gas burner.

do you guys have secret recipe to release those damn bolts from the linking arms for rear axle?
i almost dislocated shoulder pressing on the wrench and to no avail.

taslucas
18th October 2012, 07:37 AM
Gday Felix, welcome aboard mate. You wont look back once your in the new patrol:). Always good to see new members from around the world. Would be great to see some of your local 4wding spots

xiyue077
18th October 2012, 11:44 AM
good for you mate. as a 1994 patrol, the mileage is quite nice.