PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 Detonation Occurances

Peter Richardson
30th September 2012, 07:57 PM
The ZD30 engine detonation occurrences are an expensive issue. I was following some poor guy down the freeway recently when I witnessed what would have to be this exact issue, the cars following this guy were blinded by the smoke and had to basically stop right there on the freeway. I felt sick for this guy who had just been driving down the road minding his own business. Some would suggest that the detonation issues appear to reduce with Series 111 Patrols. Why is this, clearly if this is a reality there must be a reason? There is quite a bit of valuable info around based on NADS with some suggesting this still does not guarantee a sure remedy. Did Nissan make changes to this motor that stopped, or at least reduce the detonation occurrences late in 2003-04 and if so, does anyone know what changes they carried out?

boots
30th September 2012, 09:43 PM
Hello Peter and welcome . did not spot your intro post so apologies if you have done it . couple of useful threads on this topic . 1- zd30 gu grenade facts . 2- zd30 engine problems by chaz . type these in the search function and will steer you to some great info .