PDA

View Full Version : My 1st 4x4

panman
29th September 2012, 07:42 PM
Hi all just bought a 95 patrol RX petrol/gas. Need some help with brakes please.
When I bought it i thought a quick bleed and it will be good. Anyway it didn't work all symptoms pointed to the master cylinder which I have replaced, still the same. Have bleed it about 5 times still no joy!!!! Wondering if the LSV on the rear axle would give me a soft pedal. If pump the pedal once and then brake it's fine. I'm not losing oil had all my calipers off and all looks good. any suggestions please.

panman

NissanGQ4.2
29th September 2012, 07:48 PM
Welcome 2 the forum panman

Great bunch of members on here always willing 2 help out where you can.

Could you please ask you questions in a new thread under General Nissan Patrol Chat, located here - http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...an-Patrol-Chat

You will find you will get more answers if you post up a new thread as not all members read the intro threads.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Todd

2TROLLFAM
29th September 2012, 07:55 PM
Welcome to the Forum!!

threedogs
29th September 2012, 08:06 PM
Hi mate and welcome plenty of info here for you,plus a great bunch of people as well. Enjoy

growler2058
29th September 2012, 08:09 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Double Tap

panman
29th September 2012, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys

MEGOMONSTER
29th September 2012, 08:51 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

BigRAWesty
29th September 2012, 08:56 PM
Welcome mate. And congrates on the buy..

Do the newer busses run vacuum assist brakes? Could be a simple leak in the vacuum system?

Sent from a device which doesn't always agree with my thumbs...

Peter Richardson
30th September 2012, 08:08 PM
As one newbie to another, you have come to the right place. The people here are very willing to share their long earned knowledge and wisdom, what more could you ask for!

panman
30th September 2012, 08:33 PM
I thought the brake servo was only to assist your braking pressure on the pedal and not connected to the hydraulics of the brake system.....

Dhuck
9th October 2012, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Maxhead
9th October 2012, 06:07 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate