PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Agronaught
29th September 2012, 07:16 PM
Hi all,

Obviously new here and have been lurking trying to learn everything I can about patrols. I've been looking to buying a 4wd for a while and was just waiting for the kids to grow up a little before committing and going bush, initially around Sydney but I do plan to one day do the inland trails. Of course, that will be much simpler if I actually buy a patrol first.

I'm currently sorting out budgets and debating the merits of buying an older car and setting it up for purely offload work verses selling/trading my recent model scooby doo and buying something a little younger, although I do prefer the style of the mid 90's patrols ;)

That does lead to some questions, namely how much does it actually cost to replace an engine should one land a lemon? Any recommended mechanics for pre purchase inspections in Sydney etc.

Once I have a car the plan is to join a club to learn, socialize and generally have a good time.

Cheers
J

NissanGQ4.2
29th September 2012, 07:24 PM
Welcome 2 the forum J

Great bunch of members on here always willing 2 help out where you can.

Could you please ask you questions in a new thread under General Nissan Patrol Chat, located here - http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?15-General-Nissan-Patrol-Chat

You will find you get more answers if you post up a new thread as not all members read the intro threads.

Where about's in Sydney are you located?

Cheers

Todd

growler2058
29th September 2012, 07:29 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Double Tap

Agronaught
29th September 2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks all. I'll post the questions to that group.

IM based in Croydon, so no shortage of soccer mums and their never-seen-dirt prados around here ;).

Cheers

threedogs
29th September 2012, 07:38 PM
Hello and welcome great bunch of people here, plus all the info you'll need at your finger tips
jump in anytime and enjoy

MEGOMONSTER
29th September 2012, 08:53 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

Peter Richardson
30th September 2012, 08:09 PM
As one newbie to another, you have come to the right place. The people here are very willing to share their long earned knowledge and wisdom, what more could you ask for!

Dhuck
9th October 2012, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Maxhead
9th October 2012, 06:07 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

PMC
10th October 2012, 11:41 AM
G'Day agronaught!

Welcome to the forum mate!

Enjoy!

Regards,

RLI

Bigrig
10th October 2012, 11:47 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

2TROLLFAM
10th October 2012, 01:00 PM
Welcome aboard !! As most (naahhh ALL) will agree this is a pretty awesome forum with a truck load of information to be found & fun to be had ... Hope you enjoy you're stay - the key is to participate :)