PDA

View Full Version : Hello evrybody..I am a newbie from Busselton..

Jawa
28th September 2012, 06:22 AM
Just about to buy first Nissan....a very old mate of mine is selling his 2006 STL auto..and has offerred me first option at the trade in price he has been given. It has done 290k...all highway stuff and has only been used in 4wd about 6 times. I have been researching the 3 litre turbo all night and seems to be varied opinions on if they are good or bad......but reckon I will have the NADS done to it as soon as I get it. Also he is a close friend and will not sell until I get it RAC inspected...does not want to sell it to me if problems are evident.

What specific things should I have the RAC inspector guy look at that may give indication of condition of the motor and trans.

Would appreciate some feedback.

Regards Jawa

growler2058
28th September 2012, 06:38 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Double Tap

Jawa
28th September 2012, 06:49 AM
Thanks Growler...look forward to meeting more of the Friendly Mob and getting some advice on what to look for and what to do etc....thanks again

Dhuck
28th September 2012, 07:03 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Maxhead
28th September 2012, 07:06 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

........... On the move

MEGOMONSTER
28th September 2012, 07:08 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

Sir Roofy
28th September 2012, 07:29 AM
welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

Bigrig
28th September 2012, 07:34 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

threedogs
28th September 2012, 07:45 AM
Hello Jawa, plenty of info here for you and a great bunch of people as well Enjoy

wildgu6
28th September 2012, 08:09 AM
Welcome aboard buddy top mob here with tons of info and laughs,
Jump in and Enjoy mate

Cheers Pete

Yappa Tappa Doo

AB
28th September 2012, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

You should start a new post in a different section with any questions as a lot of people don't read the introductions and your questions might get missed.

2TROLLFAM
28th September 2012, 02:20 PM
Welcome Welcome Welcome ... hope you enjoy this forum as much as the rest of us do !! I personally do more reading than giving of advice (shhhhh I'm a girl who know jack about cars) but I can tell you from first hand experience the boys & girls here are never far away when you need it (advice that is)

Cheers
Sharen & Brad

rumchaser
28th September 2012, 04:19 PM
welcome aboard

choppie
28th September 2012, 05:17 PM
Welcome to the best forum on the planet mate, can't go wrong here for advice and a laugh.

DX grunt
28th September 2012, 10:29 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Another Busso boy? lol. There's a few from your neck of the woods on here.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Peter Richardson
30th September 2012, 08:15 PM
As one newbie to another, you have come to the right place. The people here are very willing to share their long earned knowledge and wisdom, what more could you ask for!