PDA

View Full Version : Time to start saving!!

GQ snail
26th September 2012, 05:59 PM
So since getting the troll 12 months ago, I have been undecided about what to do with her, she stock as it comes.

I did custom my own shelving unit, but been at a stall since that, was so torn about what mods, how many and who to spend the cash with. Was turned off by the usuall (ARB/TJM)

I am stoked to say the search has come to an end, have decided on a "MILLWELD" build.

> Stainless snorkel
> Comp winch bar
> Rear bar with spare wheel and jerry can holder
> Rock Sliders with checkerplate

Oh yeah, anticipation is crazy, now to set that savings plan in action. Best thing is I will do a road trip to VIC to get lot installed.

threedogs
26th September 2012, 06:19 PM
Good one Snail, you have thought outside the square, now your ride will look like you built it, not like the rest including mine
with run of the mill accessories from the big 3. must meet up when the time comes, And pics too BEFORE and AFTER

Winnie
26th September 2012, 06:22 PM
They are bloody easy to deal with, here's my winch bar I got from them. Looks amazing!

Tip tap tippity tip tappity tap tap ding dong tipsy topsy wopsy mopsy tippy tap tap tipitty wee

GQ snail
26th September 2012, 06:26 PM
Good one Snail, you have thought outside the square, now your ride will look like you built it, not like the rest including mine
with run of the mill accessories from the big 3. must meet up when the time comes, And pics too BEFORE and AFTER

Thanks threedogs. Def will be doing progress shots.

Reckon it going to look tuff.

GQ snail
26th September 2012, 06:27 PM
They are bloody easy to deal with, here's my winch bar I got from them. Looks amazing!

Tip tap tippity tip tappity tap tap ding dong tipsy topsy wopsy mopsy tippy tap tap tipitty wee

Yeah that a neat looking bar. Real show of workman ship.

Cheering!!

fat pete
27th September 2012, 11:45 AM
that bar looks sweet,,whats something like that worth??thanks for sharing mate

Winnie
27th September 2012, 11:54 AM
List price on the Millweld website is $1250.

threedogs
27th September 2012, 03:37 PM
Stoffa, You eventually gunna put some Millweld Rock sliders on.
Plus any of you "GQ FREAKS" got a short shift fitted????

Winnie
27th September 2012, 04:05 PM
Nah not Millweld ones, got a mate who is gonna make some for me. Gonna get steps/scrub bars made up.

threedogs
27th September 2012, 04:56 PM
Have you heard of the short shift for the GQ manual box??

jack
27th September 2012, 05:00 PM
GQ snail, good move waiting and thinking about.
I'm in the same boat but only been waiting 3 mths so far, I have about 6mths left to decide. So far only mods (if you can call them that) are tinted windows, working tail lights and a decent horn. Pretty stock standard and no scratches to date - not looking forwards to the inevitable first one.
Cheers

Winnie
27th September 2012, 05:02 PM
Have you heard of the short shift for the GQ manual box??

Nope haven't heard of it, is it just a shortened shifter?

threedogs
27th September 2012, 05:20 PM
Nah, but it'll give you a 2" throw between gears, thought this forum would have heard of it.

Winnie
27th September 2012, 06:23 PM
Can you post some info?

threedogs
27th September 2012, 06:54 PM
I'll Keep it to myself at the moment mate, gee I would have thought it would be a common mod.
If mine was manual I wouldn't hesitate. Might even start getting some kits together.

Winnie
27th September 2012, 07:17 PM
Keep us posted. Who knows maybe everyone knows it on here and I just don't know it

nissannewby
28th September 2012, 03:08 PM
It is a common mod plenty of short shifts floating around in GQ's ben-e-boy has one in his GQ maybe flick him a pm they are easily sourced and easily installed

Ben-e-boy
28th September 2012, 03:38 PM
yep I have an unlimited industries short shifter on mine. to be honest I didnt really like it at first. 1st -2nd gear is the same distance with the short shifter as the stock shift is 1st to neutral. Because the shifter itself is the same size as stock but a shorter throw there is a mechanical disadvantage and you have to put more effort into selecting gears.

http://www.unlimitedindustries.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/IMG_0237.jpg

threedogs
28th September 2012, 03:42 PM
The one I'm thinking of and done, looks nothing like that, as it uses a spacer on top gearbox cover .
all the rest is modified OE, All changes the same just shorter, takes time to get used to it naturally