26th September 2012, 01:24 PM
bought this vehicle a few months ago

had nothing but trouble since that day

joined this forum to find some helpful resources to get me going

hope to make some friends and learn some new stuff

thank you in advance

sam697
26th September 2012, 01:26 PM
Welcome to the forum. i am sure you will find what you are looking for here along with a few good laughs :)

growler2058
26th September 2012, 02:00 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Dhuck
26th September 2012, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bob
26th September 2012, 02:02 PM
Welcome Mate. Start a thread of the troubles you are having and I am quite sure someone will be along to help you.

Bigrig
26th September 2012, 02:38 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

threedogs
26th September 2012, 02:40 PM
Welcome mate should be able to sort your 4x4 out here, great people,plenty of info. Enjoy

Maxhead
26th September 2012, 03:40 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate

........... On the move

MEGOMONSTER
26th September 2012, 04:12 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

choppie
26th September 2012, 05:50 PM
Welcome to the best forum on the planet mate, some one will steer you right.

2TROLLFAM
26th September 2012, 07:11 PM
Congrats on deciding to join this forum!! You won't regret it - heaps of fun & information .... Join in & Share :)

wildgu6
27th September 2012, 08:03 PM
Welcome aboard buddy, top mob here with tons of info and laughs,
Jump in and Enjoy mate,
Sure you will get your issues sorted on here, there's a wealth of knowledge lurking.

Cheers Pete

rumchaser
28th September 2012, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the forum mate heaps of great info here

khaled
28th September 2012, 05:32 PM
hey guys

wow i appreciate the friendly welcome

beleive it or not i actually got my patrol going after 4 months sitting with a mechanic

i spent 1 day on it myself and she fired up and ran smooth

khaled
28th September 2012, 05:44 PM
a quick post about my experience in the hope that others will benefit

vehicle: 2007 gu patrol, build date 08/07, engine zd30 turbo diesel, common rail fuel system.

initial problem: vehicle began stalling whilst driving and eventually stalled and failed to start again.

rundown of steps taken to repair:
1. changed fuel filter
2. checked and cleaned fuel lines
3. check injectors discovered no fuel coming out, changed injectors
4. changed injector pump
5. changed fuel rail sensor
6. changed fuel primer
7. changed fuel rail

after all of that, turns out a faulty valve in the fuel rail that caused all the problems

i went in this particular order based on mechanics advice and based on computer diagnosis.

it was giving the following errors:

injector 1,3,4 fault (open circuit)
fuel pressure low
fuel pressure high
fuel leak

all was caused by a faulty valve in the fuel rail

purpose of the valve is that fuel comes out from the injectors and back into the fuel system without allowing fuel to go back towards injectors

injectors were getting fuel coming through from both ends therefore causing all the drama, system was unable to build up fuel pressure and function normally.

great resources used along the way:
1. launch diagnosis system
2. nissan service manual inc. common rail edition (can supply for those who are interested)
3. patience!
4. niss 4x4 wreckers in brooklyn VIC, great service, cheapest parts in Australia.

Peter Richardson
30th September 2012, 08:17 PM
As one newbie to another, you have come to the right place. The people here are very willing to share their long earned knowledge and wisdom, what more could you ask for!

DSzuke
30th September 2012, 09:01 PM

vehicle: 2007 gu patrol, build date 08/07, engine zd30 turbo diesel, common rail fuel system.

initial problem: vehicle began stalling whilst driving and eventually stalled and failed to start again.

1. changed fuel filter
4. changed injector pump
6. changed fuel primer
7. changed fuel rail

after all of that, turns out a faulty valve in the fuel rail that caused all the problems

i went in this particular order based on mechanics advice and based on computer diagnosis.

fuel pressure low
fuel pressure high
fuel leak

purpose of the valve is that fuel comes out from the injectors and back into the fuel system without allowing fuel to go back towards injectors

injectors were getting fuel coming through from both ends therefore causing all the drama, system was unable to build up fuel pressure and function normally.

2. nissan service manual inc. common rail edition (can supply for those who are interested)
3. patience!
4. niss 4x4 wreckers in brooklyn VIC, great service, cheapest parts in Australia.

Great post. Thanks for the run down. I hope mine holds up cause I wouldn't know where to start!

Welcome and thanks again.

boots
30th September 2012, 09:10 PM
Welcome khaled and thanks for sharing your issues / faults with your 4B . goodluck and happy travels for the future .

gordo17
17th December 2012, 09:00 PM

1. changed fuel filter
4. changed injector pump
6. changed fuel primer
7. changed fuel rail

fuel pressure low
fuel pressure high
fuel leak

3. patience!

hey mate thanks for the info, i own a 2007 nissan patrol st and i also had the same problem, i was driving and out of know were it cut out and would not start again, i played around with it and got it going again but i took it to a nissan dealer the next day just to see what the problem was, they called me that afternoon and said that 1,2,4 fuel injectors have failed and the rail has failed and recommend that i need replace all 4 and the rail wich was going to cost me 5,120.00. i said to them dont worry about it and picked my car up but it starts and runs fine, this only happened last week ? what do you reckon i should ?.

my third 256
18th December 2012, 04:00 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

healy
18th December 2012, 08:39 PM

Muganic
26th December 2012, 11:16 PM
Welcome mate, hope you get sorted soon , cheers

bobnjoy
22nd April 2015, 08:49 PM
trouble shoot having difficulty finding decent info any help would be greatly apprecated.

4bye4
23rd April 2015, 12:19 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

bobnjoy
26th April 2015, 12:13 PM
Hi Khaled
My sons 2001 patrol with a 2007 crd engine which cranks but refuses to fire,seems to have, but no pulse at injector,according to the noid light,i am keen to check power imputs grounds sensor imputs comming into and leaving ecm
but having a hard time finding info pertaining to crd engine control trouble shooting.I would like to know how to get hold of the manual you used.Cheers Bob.

Clunk
30th April 2015, 07:27 PM
g'day mate and welcome aboard

Patto
1st May 2015, 12:44 PM