PDA

View Full Version : Hi to everyone

Cadbury
3rd November 2010, 07:53 AM
I have just bought myself a 1999 ST, Petrol Auto. I am look at doing it up to have a bit of fun with it.
What would be the first mod I should do to it?

DX grunt
3rd November 2010, 08:02 AM
Hey Cadbury

Welcome to the forum, mate. The first and best thing you can do is to jump into the introduction section and give us a full run down about you and your truck. If you tell us where you live, Todd can plot your town on our Australian Map. A pic of your rig in the member's section will help too. Let's have a look and we'll suggest from there. lol

Congrats on your new purchase. There's plenty of wisdom and knowledge on here with the help of DIY'ers and mechanics.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Cadbury
3rd November 2010, 09:28 AM
Ross,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I live in South East Brisbane. I am a Mechanical Engineer who loves camping and the great outdoors with my wife and 2 young kids.
The patrol I bought is a stock standard 1999 GU, ST 4500 auto. The only thing it has is a factory alu. bull bar and a set of Hella spots.
I look forward to all the advice and tips on the mods I should do to the vehicle.

Cadbury

DX grunt
3rd November 2010, 09:36 AM
Another Brissy Boy! Well done. You have lots of neighbours on this forum within driving distance, so I guess we'll be hearing about a Brizzy Bash, soon! lol

Take care out there.

Ross

patch697
3rd November 2010, 10:37 AM
Welcome on board mate & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Woof
3rd November 2010, 05:03 PM
Welcome Cadbury, enjoy the forum mate

YNOT
3rd November 2010, 05:19 PM
Welcome to the forum Cadbury.
What sort of driving are you planning on doing, touring or more challenging stuff? And what sort of budget do you have?

Tony

AB
3rd November 2010, 06:13 PM
Welcome to the forum Cadbury, like what Tony has mentioned above, what will be the main purpose of it?

Cadbury
3rd November 2010, 09:10 PM
Hi all, this is a great forum. Mostly the car will be my everyday runner. I do a fair few weekends away with mates to Luvuka for those in south east QLD. So not real extreme at all just to have a bit of fun.

Cadbury
3rd November 2010, 09:11 PM
Tony,
I am looking to possible spend about 5k over time doing mods.

YNOT
4th November 2010, 05:56 AM
For that sort of driving I would look at getting a 2 or 3 inch lift and 33 inch mud tyres, front diff lock and a winch. For protection a set of sliders and some sort of steel rear bar, and steel front bar if not already fitted. That's probably closer to 7 or 8k depending on where you get the bits from.

Tony

Maxhead
4th November 2010, 06:28 AM
Welcome onboard Cadbury, you must like your chocolates hey.

Finly Owner
4th November 2010, 11:07 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Cadbury. South east brissie is a big place wanna give us locals a suburb? Are you in any clubs?

Tim

wildgu6
5th November 2010, 09:58 PM
Hey Cadbury (The famous glass and a half ???.....lol), Welcome to Trol town buddy.
Good to see you on baord the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and plenty of good advice.
And a few good laughs along the way as well.

Good luck, Enjoy the ride

Cheers Pete