PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the land of MUD

mudtrolluk
3rd November 2010, 02:54 AM
Hello to all, I've had my patrol for over 5 years now so, needs a service i think?
But it looks like this is the place for advise :biggrin: not that many patrols around here but we all off-road together, i meet some at Rochford off road, Essex and Essexoffroad.com sites. We have a fourm but mostly landrover owners, so good to find patrolers.
look at the site pic's you'll see why i call it the land of MUD! http://www.4x4er.co.uk
thanks Phil.

Maxhead
3rd November 2010, 05:44 AM
G'Day mudtrolluk, welcome to the forum mate.
Feel free to ask for advice and contribute to the forum mate.
Enjoy

DX grunt
3rd November 2010, 08:16 AM
G'day mudtrolluk.

Welcome to the forum. So, it's been 5 years since your troll had a service? Interesting.

I change my oil every 5,000km (or every 6 months) and have a major service every 10,000km
and rotate the tyres every 5,000km.

How's your troll holding up?

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

patch697
3rd November 2010, 10:40 AM
Welcome on board mate & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Woof
3rd November 2010, 05:02 PM
Welcome Phil, enjoy the forum mate

AB
3rd November 2010, 06:12 PM
Welcome to the forum Phil, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Finly Owner
4th November 2010, 11:19 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House

Tim

mudtrolluk
5th November 2010, 06:32 AM
G'day mudtrolluk.

Welcome to the forum. So, it's been 5 years since your troll had a service? Interesting.

I change my oil every 5,000km (or every 6 months) and have a major service every 10,000km
and rotate the tyres every 5,000km.

How's your troll holding up?

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Just looked at log book, was fully serviced 5 years ago when I first got it, it's had a new down pipe then over axle to exit replaced for clearance, front axle bearings and toped up engine oil this summer 4 litre ish, new optima red top, rear right brake caliper service kit. Alternator rebuilt twice before replacing, too much mud kills them it seems, 4 Bfg A/t’s and 2 Insa turbo’s have worn out and 2 water pipes poped. The trucks done over 180,000 miles. But need to look at paper work, to find out how many I’ve done in it. Oh and I think it leaks from the core plugs, rad and crank pulley, think head went 3-4 years ago, will look in to that one day, maybe. Who knows if I get 25 posts I may read about it any way :trink13:
However it’s still faster than any land rover I know around here, let alone reliable.
Oh and hi to all and thanks for the welcome, phil.

DX grunt
5th November 2010, 07:38 AM
Thanks for your reply, Phil.

There's plenty of help on here if you need it - just ask. Keep those posts coming. You're up to 17 - only 8 to go. Keep up the good work.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt