PDA

View Full Version : Warning light on Dash... is it just the handbrake?

Biscuits
24th September 2012, 06:08 PM
G'day guys,

Had the handbrake warning light stay on today, looks like an exlamation mark in a circle within brackets ((!)) even after making sure it was completely off, drove for a couple of K's flickered once or twice, and has stayed on ever since. My question is, Is this light solely for the handbrake & I have a loose connection somewhere? or is there something more sinister going on?

Cheers

Biscuits

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/189260_10151235712610972_605304710_n.jpg

threedogs
24th September 2012, 06:10 PM
Yeah only just the handbrake, how many clicks till handbrake stops??
check fluid? my bad

nissannewby
24th September 2012, 06:13 PM
Its also a brake fluid indicator mate if your brake fluid is low it will come on and stay on. Check your fluid level top it up if necessary and check around for any leaks.

Biscuits
24th September 2012, 06:14 PM
Unsure, I will check in the morning, It is a bit wet here this evening :)

taslucas
24th September 2012, 08:16 PM
Its also a brake fluid indicator mate if your brake fluid is low it will come on and stay on. Check your fluid level top it up if necessary and check around for any leaks.

yep X2......

NissanGQ4.2
24th September 2012, 08:36 PM
yep X2......

x3, but normally with low brake fluid you will find it coming on and going off around corners until its low enough to stay on all the time

BigRAWesty
24th September 2012, 09:09 PM

X4. Had it happen a couple of years back.. Flickered for a good couple of weeks or so before staying on.

Sent from a device which doesn't always agree with my thumbs...

2TROLLFAM
24th September 2012, 09:49 PM

X5 LOL happened in my old 80 series cruiser that the ex & I had ... Brake fluid was just about non existent

taslucas
25th September 2012, 07:38 AM
X5 LOL happened in my old 80 series cruiser that the ex & I had ... Brake fluid was just about non existent

they're still making it!

Or not enough power to worry about needing brakes???

Biscuits
25th September 2012, 06:30 PM
Was low brake fluid, was sitting on the "Min" Level, a super quick fix, as I cannot see any leaks anywhere. Will have to keep an eye on it though.

my third 256
26th September 2012, 09:10 AM
Was low brake fluid, was sitting on the "Min" Level, a super quick fix, as I cannot see any leaks anywhere. Will have to keep an eye on it though.
probably the pads are warn and that is where the fluid has gone not leaked out) just the extra distance