PDA

View Full Version : Needed for GQ Patrol

GQPorkroll
23rd September 2012, 10:56 PM
Sorry if I'm in the wrong bit but I can't see it on my ipad.

Recently I had a crane cams ignition system fitted to my 88 GQ 4.2 petrol/gas.

The mechanic wired my tacho up to the negative wire on the coil before I called him to tell him it is wired through the brain box.

While the car is in the auto elecs I asked him to wire the tacho correctly and he's told me its stuffed.

I'd say the new system has fried it. I also noticed the temp gauge went right off the charts and the motor was still able to be touched, so it looks like my dash is damaged,

I'm chasing a full instrument dash for the above truck if anyone can help me. I've tried eBay with no luck. Only interested in a full instrument dash, must have oil pressure and volts.

If you have one that's fully functional, and are willing to post, please contact me here.

my third 256
24th September 2012, 06:44 AM
try this mob they have a 1991 gq being dismantled at the moment
http://www.nisswreck.com.au/page-1
stephen

GQPorkroll
24th September 2012, 08:12 PM
Cheers mate, I can't get onto it on my ipad (no flash) is there an email I can contact them directly on?

NissanGQ4.2
24th September 2012, 08:47 PM
Shame its not a TD4.2 cluster, I know of one going in Sydney

patch697
24th September 2012, 09:16 PM
You may not need a instrument cluster mate.....

Patrol Tachos have an issue interfacing with Crane ignition boxes either via the coil or the box itself due to the extended dwell angel generated by the multispark "BUT" this can be rectified by replacing the inline resistor with one of a higher value.

Hooking it up directly to the Neg side of the coil after fitting the Crane ign box wouldn't have fried it so I don't think your tachos shite itself rather its unable to pickup a signal.
I am running one in my Rig (GQTB42s) so I will check tomorrow & provide you with what you'll need if you like.

GQPorkroll
25th September 2012, 01:48 PM
Awesome, thanks for that. It had an early crane cams system in and was working fine, but now I have the new bigger better system. Yeah that would be great if you could do that, I would like my tacho working again.

patch697
25th September 2012, 08:12 PM
Awesome, thanks for that. It had an early crane cams system in and was working fine, but now I have the new bigger better system. Yeah that would be great if you could do that, I would like my tacho working again.

Can you tell me what system was fitted as it will change the values a bit.

my third 256
26th September 2012, 09:06 AM
Cheers mate, I can't get onto it on my ipad (no flash) is there an email I can contact them directly on?
phone (08) 8347 0111