PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Alice Springs

blakilox
23rd September 2012, 05:51 PM
Hi, I am Garry
I have a Short wheel base 85 MK, it's an original Kittles dealer car been in The Alice all it's life, it's in beautiful condition, only done 201K. Problem I am facing is with the factory Paint, it is beginning to fail, just flaking off, I guess that 27 years in the Outback Sun is about the UV limit of this paint.
:-)
Oh and one other thing, I put Opal fuel in it, and some Lead Valve Replacement Fluid, I can't remember the brand, but man it had some serious bad chemical reaction, the fuel smelt like Hades and went like orange soup, not only did I waste 50 litres of fuel (From BP) it took the car out for 2 years (it's only a weekend truck) as it totally carked it after that, I had to like rebuild the carb and replace all the fuel line rubber, and new Fuel pumps and filters, they recon that Opal is ok though in my experience it destroyed everything.

My lesson. Watch that Opal I recon though also always use a good Lead Replacement brand I use the Nulon now.
Garry

wildgu6
23rd September 2012, 05:59 PM
Welcome aboard Garry, top mob here with tons of info and laughs,
Thanks for the heads up on the opal mate, not that i'll ever use it but good for others to know.
I reckon 27 in the outback and i'd fail to mate lol.
Jump in and Enjoy mate.

Cheers Pete

threedogs
23rd September 2012, 06:02 PM
Welcome mate, used to live there myself years ago[pre traffic lights]
great bunch of people here,plenty of MK/MQ freaks as well.
jump in anytime and Enjoy

MEGOMONSTER
23rd September 2012, 06:03 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

growler2058
23rd September 2012, 06:04 PM
Gday Garry welcome aboard mate, gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Dhuck
24th September 2012, 08:10 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bob
24th September 2012, 08:19 AM
Welcome Garry. Join in and enjoy.

choppie
24th September 2012, 07:36 PM
Hi Garry,
Welcome to the best forum on the planet, top bunch

2TROLLFAM
24th September 2012, 07:48 PM
Welcome Welcome Welcome - join the fray and have an awesome time !!!

sam697
25th September 2012, 12:00 AM
Welcome to the forum Garry. Great people, plenty of info and a few good laughs to be found. I hope you enjoy :)

AB
25th September 2012, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Bigrig
26th September 2012, 12:13 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

axl100
26th September 2012, 01:34 AM
G'day and welcome, would like to see a pic of the mk