PDA

View Full Version : Hi sunroof probs.

y61patrol
21st September 2012, 04:21 AM
Hi,

I have 2000 Nissan patrol 3.0 it has a sunroof as a factory option.

But at the moment it wont shut all of the way it wont go last two inches too close.

When i press the button to make it open or close it just makes a single cliick.

Any ideas?

y61patrol
22nd September 2012, 03:55 AM
Can somebody help with this.?

ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!

BigRAWesty
22nd September 2012, 07:30 AM
Sounds like its Jammed and throwing to over load.

Sent from a device which doesn't always agree with my thumbs...

Bigrig
22nd September 2012, 07:48 AM
Obvious question mate, but have you checked the runners? Sounds like its over loading as suggested and may need a decent clean out ...

y61patrol
22nd September 2012, 09:34 PM
Just noticed the button that makes the roof go up and down opposed to back and forward is not working/not even clicking

Yendor
22nd September 2012, 09:52 PM
When you hear the single click do your electric windows still work?

Where does the click noise come from? around the sunroof or from behind the glove box.

Have you tried manually pushing the sunroof while working the switch?

y61patrol
23rd September 2012, 03:52 AM
Hi yendor,

Clicking comes from sunroof unit when i press back and forward button,but when i press the up and down nothing no movement no click.

I also do have working power windows before and after i press any buttons associated with the sunroof.

Tried moving bye hand no give what so ever.

Yendor
23rd September 2012, 09:07 AM
That clicking noise is the relays and your electric windows still working means that the electric sunroof motor is not drawing excess current and tripping out the circuit breaker.

You will need to access the sunroof motor and connect a voltmeter across the 2 wires at the motor and make sure you are getting 12 volts when you work the switches.

happygu
23rd September 2012, 10:05 AM
Looks like you will have to drop the roof lining to have a look at the problem.

As suggested it seems to be either the motorhas failed or one of the track runners has come loose and jammed up.

Once you drop the roof lining you will know soon enough.

Mic

Ben-e-boy
23rd September 2012, 06:22 PM
That clicking noise is the relays and your electric windows still working means that the electric sunroof motor is not drawing excess current and tripping out the circuit breaker.

You will need to access the sunroof motor and connect a voltmeter across the 2 wires at the motor and make sure you are getting 12 volts when you work the switches.

Rod, what tell the motor that the sunroof is open/closed? limit switch or something?

Yendor
23rd September 2012, 09:09 PM
Rod, what tell the motor that the sunroof is open/closed? limit switch or something?

Yeah it has two.

I don't think these are the problem because he can hear the relay clicking.

Checking the voltage drop across the motor while working the switches will soon tell us.

y61patrol
25th September 2012, 02:18 AM
Hi,

Pulled out all of the headlining broke several clips and spent a good amount of time swearing. i then pulled out sun roof motor then reconected the power to the roof motor and all switches made it turn whilst it was out but when i re attached motor to sunroof it wouldnt turn again.

So im now guessing that something is wrong with the tubes/gear things that push the sunroof in and out they must be jammed has anyone experienced this.