View Full Version : Who's got solid rear side windows

growler2058
20th September 2012, 10:15 PM
Ok who's GQ has solid side rear windows and are they factory or DIY
If DIY is it easy to do????

Double Tap

Winnie
20th September 2012, 10:17 PM
Hehehehe curious are we? I wish I had solids.

Tip tap tippity tip tappity tap tap ding dong tipsy topsy wopsy mopsy tippy tap tap tipitty wee

growler2058
20th September 2012, 10:18 PM
Yup I am ;-)

Double Tap

threedogs
20th September 2012, 10:21 PM
If I had a GQ I would make the rear right one lift up and lockable,probable alloy checker plate
as you can't see through it anyway. the left I buy some rubber to suit and just leave it solid glass

Winnie
20th September 2012, 10:23 PM
Not sure of the legalities of making them solid steel. That being said a mate did it to his Daihatsu and hasn't had any problems. (other than it being a Daihatsu)

Tip tap tippity tip tappity tap tap ding dong tipsy topsy wopsy mopsy tippy tap tap tipitty wee

growler2058
20th September 2012, 10:24 PM
Be like a panel van?

Double Tap

Clunk
20th September 2012, 10:25 PM
You mean to say you haven't look for the info on here Growlers!!!!???? Bloody slacker hahahaha.......

Now I know there is definitely a thread here somewhere and if I was nice, which I'm not, I'd go find it for ya, which I won't roflmfao........

I've heard it would probably take about half hour each side, maybe less.

Gonna keep to the sliders...... The dogs enjoy stickin their heads out and flapping their tongues in the wind

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

growler2058
20th September 2012, 10:28 PM
I actually have solids my fine clunky friend ;-)
Annnnnd I also recall such a thread but tappcrap and search are sucky at the best of times hahahahahaha

Double Tap

threedogs
20th September 2012, 10:28 PM
They cut the windows out of vans, there would be no drama with the rear right or rear left being solid.
great way to access the fridge. you may find you can buy already

Clunk
20th September 2012, 10:33 PM
I actually have solids my fine clunky friend ;-)

Double Tap

Yeah I knew that!!!!!!! Lol......... I was just intrigued as to why you ask the question

BigRAWesty
20th September 2012, 11:55 PM
Sure do. DIY job. Took me and the father in-law an hour to install. Very happy with them. Now I just need to retint the lot..

http://www.mypatrol4x4.com/topic/559-replacement-rear-windows-now-complete/#entry6346

Sent from a device which doesn't always agree with my thumbs...

growler2058
21st September 2012, 05:53 AM
Yeah I knew that!!!!!!! Lol......... I was just intrigued as to why you ask the question

Was a discussion I was having with a honey loving member and it came up weather they were factory or not ;-)

Double Tap

Clunk
21st September 2012, 09:04 AM
Hmmmm I see your quandary and a very perplexing one to...... Maybe the povo packs came with full rears, seeing as they had no 3rd row seats?

my third 256
21st September 2012, 10:31 AM
Was a discussion I was having with a honey loving member and it came up weather they were factory or not ;-)

Double Tap
on my old gq ti 1995 series 2 on the drivers side was solid above the fridge compartment
it was standard on that model other side was sliding

rusty_nail
21st September 2012, 12:21 PM
i also have solids, they are from patrol docta. i think it cost about 400 bucks for windows and seals. i rate them highly

sam697
21st September 2012, 01:43 PM
Yep I've got solids. Totally water tight so no leaks and no problems with rust everywhere. Don't let dust in, no wind noise, no security issues and don't need to worry about changing them over.

Oh sorry growler was this a GQ thread? My sincere apologies. Factory to GU so not something I've ever had to worry about.

:)

Gotta get u GQ boys back whenever we get a chance!

Just to add, our friendly, fun loving GU owning Plassy, had no problems whatsoever parking his a$% in a Ford badged GQ for an entire days 4 wheeling, just to sit around our camp fire telling us what a great day out he had and how our Mavy would toast his GU roflmao.... I believe his ears are still ringing too :)

MudRunnerTD
21st September 2012, 02:41 PM
Check these out Growler

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151230053287152&set=o.6206406015&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

She wants $100 for the pair mate.

they are in NSW near Sydney. surely we have a member that could grab them and post them too you??

janderson
21st September 2012, 05:49 PM
I put solid side rear windows in a Mq, 15 years ago. Best thing done.