PDA

View Full Version : indicators stay on when used at night with h/lights

cookpa
19th September 2012, 10:05 PM
Hi people went 4wding in the mud last week , when i got home i had my right hand indicators all come on and stay on when my headlights or parkers where on also during the day my right brake light would flash very dull when i used my right indicators and also my dash lights would flash too i found a very badly corroded rear tail light harness on the right i replaced that with a new one and changed all the globes front to back on both sides , i believe its an earth problem but the workshop manual does not tell me how many earth cables are used or under the car . i assume its a bad earth or i may have torn a cable off when mudding thoughts anyone ????????

Yendor
19th September 2012, 11:42 PM
I would check your trailer plug wiring for damage, you may need to remove the trailer plug and inspect for loose wires.

I suspect the wire for the RHS indicator is touching the wire for the park lights.

cookpa
27th September 2012, 07:51 PM
ok heres the deal , where the main harness comes through the firewall into the engine bay on the drivers side the harness pushes against the inner guard this harness is not covered in anything other than tape so it wears away from rubbing against the inner guard until you have a bit of a meltdown so yeah its fixed now and wrapped in convoluted tubing !

Yendor
27th September 2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the update.

That's a strange one, I will have to add it to the memory bank.

Glad you got it sorted.

cookpa
28th September 2012, 11:39 PM
Thanks Yendor it was a beauty to find !