PDA

View Full Version : collectible patrol?

xchn
19th September 2012, 01:47 PM
hi all i'm looking at buying a 1970 G60 swb hardtop as an investment opportunity and want to get some feedback from people in the know on these.. are they collectible or appreciating in value?.. must be pretty rare now... might be able to get this one for a few hundred and it has original engine/gearbox so could be a good buy... cheers

taslucas
19th September 2012, 03:57 PM
Hi mate, have search through members rides for a young blokes thread. I cant remember what the thread was called but his name is G60michael. He had a nice old G60 to wet the appetite:-)

Tap, crackle, pop

xchn
19th September 2012, 04:26 PM
thanks mate he was the first guy i contacted after doing a G60 search.

Hi mate, have search through members rides for a young blokes thread. I cant remember what the thread was called but his name is G60michael. He had a nice old G60 to wet the appetite:-)

Tap, crackle, pop

taslucas
19th September 2012, 07:41 PM
did you find his thread?

taslucas
19th September 2012, 07:47 PM
here it is: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?11645-Mike-s-1966-G60-Patrol-Project

MQ MAD
20th September 2012, 10:13 AM
hi all i'm looking at buying a 1970 G60 swb hardtop as an investment opportunity and want to get some feedback from people in the know on these.. are they collectible or appreciating in value?.. must be pretty rare now... might be able to get this one for a few hundred and it has original engine/gearbox so could be a good buy... cheers

After all this time on the planet and still having its original running gear and its worth only a few hundred,dont expect it to magically turn you into a millionaire quickly
Its worth that much or less cause noone wants it
Buy it , fix it ,enjoy it thats better value for money that pampering it for a perhaps future gain ....

xchn
20th September 2012, 03:14 PM
After all this time on the planet and still having its original running gear and its worth only a few hundred,dont expect it to magically turn you into a millionaire quickly
Its worth that much or less cause noone wants it
Buy it , fix it ,enjoy it thats better value for money that pampering it for a perhaps future gain ....

who said anything about being a millionaire??.. a few k is all i'm ever after, and i've done pretty well thus far in my time.. and i enjoy defying the common preconception that you can't make money investing in vehicles.. i just sold my rgv250 last friday for a clear profit of $3800 in a 3 week turnaround from purchase to sale.. doing the same now with a 99 hayabusa.. as have with many bikes and had similar success with old holdens, fords etc.. i love being able to enjoy the classic or collectible vehicles i buy and do up for a while before sending them onto a good home knowing their longevity is ensured for posterity.

taslucas
20th September 2012, 03:50 PM
Sounds good. I look forward to seeing a build thread. Maybe a bit longer than a three week turnaround though lol.

Tap, crackle, pop

xchn
20th September 2012, 05:38 PM
yeah mate 3 weeks won't cut it!lol... easy with bikes - usually some fairing or a touch up and they're done.. this G60 will be a joint PROJECT WITH MY OLD MAN and his 10 car garage IN QLD I THINK.. give me a reason to get out of vic more than anything! cheers

MQ MAD
21st September 2012, 10:35 AM
who said anything about being a millionaire??.. a few k is all i'm ever after, and i've done pretty well thus far in my time.. and i enjoy defying the common preconception that you can't make money investing in vehicles.. i just sold my rgv250 last friday for a clear profit of $3800 in a 3 week turnaround from purchase to sale.. doing the same now with a 99 hayabusa.. as have with many bikes and had similar success with old holdens, fords etc.. i love being able to enjoy the classic or collectible vehicles i buy and do up for a while before sending them onto a good home knowing their longevity is ensured for posterity.

Maybe youve mistood where i was comin from ???
Reading your first post with words like ,"Investment opportunity","Collectable","Apprreciating in value"
Then mention you could score for a few hundred ???
What i was trying to say is, its maybe obtainable for a few hundred in its condition,well thats about all its worth in its condition
Value adding by spending time or money on it for future gain thats different isnt it ???
Buying today for a few hundred , given it a wash and clean and unloading for a few grand ,sure if thats your thing
The early patrols even upto MQ/MK are a small band of followers,making money on patrols specially the earlies they need to be nearly free to get, casue its the time and money to retreive
Money making is in the GQs , massive demand,and now the GUs
The term "Millionaire" i used was mainly that most older cars arent a quick rich scheme

Buy it , make money , enjoy life ......

markmk
2nd October 2012, 12:51 PM
I've got a heap of fibreglass panels and canopy from my G60 if your interested