PDA

View Full Version : td42 non turbo black smoke after snorkel fitting

luvpsi
18th September 2012, 07:54 PM
hey guys sorry it has been a while since i have been online as i have been building a house which takes up alot of time and money. however recently i fitted a airflow snorkel and removed pre filter using air intake piping and lots of silicone etc. now my td42 non turbo has always had the little puff of black smoke on heavy accelaration however i have noticed a bit more than usual but its still not a lot just enough that i can see in my side veiw mirrors. now i dont think its a airflow issue as you can hear and feel the air being sucked through the snorkel. now i have red the sticky on diesel smoke but i was wondering if it is really something to worry about or if there is any additive i can try and use for the injectors etc. now being short on cash she has gotten lower than 1/4 tank a few times. could this cause the problem such as dirty injectors?

nissannewby
18th September 2012, 09:31 PM
I have found filling up at different servos can affect this. I generally try to fill up at BP or caltex only as I get more k's and its cleaner. I have also found the chemtech diesel treatment helps a bit as well. I would start to worry when your getting a noticeable loss in performance and economy. If your still concerned do the simple things like change the air and fuel filters.

luvpsi
18th September 2012, 09:52 PM
Yeah I only fill up at caltex as I have a caltex fuel card I'll try diesel power and change my air filter as she is due for a service