PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake lights and blinkers - LED?

GU_Nemesis
17th September 2012, 09:40 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to either buy an LED kit or somehow mod and wire up the existing tail/brake lights and blinkers etc, so that they are activated as well as the lights on the factory GQ rear bar. From memory mine don't even have globes and I think that it is such a waste to not have them working. And the more light the better and safer right? I reckon it would especially be better when towing and other vehicles behind can see your brake lights and blinkers easier. Will the rear LED light kits from a GU fit into a GQ? Or is there any other way this can be done? Cheers, Scotty.

Clunk
17th September 2012, 10:48 PM
Have a look here.... Might shed some light on your question

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7175

Or try the search function on here for Christmas Tree Lights........ Using the phone right now notion so easy to search for stuff
Tap till ya can tap no more.....

threedogs
18th September 2012, 07:04 AM
After you have put the kit through if you want the LED effect you can use globes like these.
remember to put a 50 ohm resistor on the indicators, it stops fast flashing.
Only globe not done was the T20 amber on the front indicator.
My reverse globes have 120 smd led each x 4 awesome light output
Every globe on my 4x4 is LED except 2

LJD Sydney
25th September 2012, 09:23 PM
Hey Threedogs,

Can I ask where you got the LED bulbs? There's so many crappy ones out there I want to get good ones and only pay once...lol

threedogs
25th September 2012, 09:31 PM
Hi mate I only paid $8 for the 120 smd leds x 2. I couldn't see the point paying $20+ a globe, got them all from Ebay
just type in 12v led globe, get white ones, as in don't get red globes and put them behind red lens, white works better
Plus some amber aren't that great as well. Just PM if you get stuck, had them a year now, most the time its vibration that
wears away the lead on the bottom of the globe,sometimes you whack the lens and the light works NO LEAD

Robo
30th September 2012, 08:24 PM
I tried the globes pictured above they were not bright enough.
the lens is a darker shade of red , glows a blood red not fire engine if that makes sense.
the non working lights in the guard best I could work out looking at elec schematics and info in manual I think are for rear fog lights.

And the ebay cheap globes didn't just produce insuficant light, but also flickered approx 50htz whilst on , so they got the flick so I didn't get a ticket from the boys in blue.
cheers

mick.
1st October 2012, 01:19 PM
If you want quality LEDs which are really bright and wont melt your taillights when they catch on fire the ones below are the only ones I would ever use. They are super bright and I've been using them for a few years now.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/wardenjp2008

This type in particular are really bright.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2pcs-7440-7443-T20-11W-Power-LED-Red-Brake-Tail-Bulbs-/190731890208?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c6881ae20

Cheers Mick.