PDA

View Full Version : HI All

boydie69
17th September 2012, 01:38 PM
Hey all
Thought i should join your forum as i am always reading peoples posts everyone on here everyone seems to know there stuff ...i have only just recently purchased my 4x4 so i could get out and see a bit more of our great country , my vechicle is a 2008 gu6 3.0 and i have a question i thought u guys could help me out with .. i have noticed a bit of oil building up around the top of the turbo around where the intake hose and the intercooler hoses go into the turbo ...seems to me i have a bit of a problem any suggestions thanks heaps ..

threedogs
17th September 2012, 01:44 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum, great people plenty of info as well enjoy.

remove your engine cover and check and/or clean the hoses. Might find one loose, most OE intercoolers leak
maybe clean that as well. fairly easy job

growler2058
17th September 2012, 01:44 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Double Tap

GUtsy ute
17th September 2012, 01:49 PM
Welcome boydie,
Hope your leak is only a loose hose and an easy fix.
Put up some pics of your rig and keep them coming as you build it up.
Always good to see members cars on here.

Bob
17th September 2012, 01:52 PM
Welcome Mate. Join in and enjoy

healy
17th September 2012, 01:55 PM
Welcome to he forum mate

boydie69
17th September 2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks for info i tried adding a pic but didnt seem to wanna load for some reason ... i found a little hose above the turbo coming off the round thingy that sits on your turbo ??? had a split in it would this be the course.. sorry for my explinations i dont have much of an idea about what bits are what yet ...

boydie69
17th September 2012, 02:23 PM
how do i add pics only seems to let me add web links

boydie69
17th September 2012, 02:31 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum, great people plenty of info as well enjoy.

remove your engine cover and check and/or clean the hoses. Might find one loose, most OE intercoolers leak
maybe clean that as well. fairly easy job

This may sounds stupid but what do i use to clean out the hoses and intercooler with thanks

Petit caillou
17th September 2012, 02:32 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.
Regards
Petit caillou.

MEGOMONSTER
17th September 2012, 03:34 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Tapperty tap 1000 taps for me.

taslucas
17th September 2012, 04:04 PM
Gday boydie, welcome aboard mate.

Tap, crackle, pop

Dhuck
17th September 2012, 06:06 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

wildgu6
17th September 2012, 06:19 PM
G'day & welcome aboard mate
Great lot here with tons of ideas, advice, adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

AB
17th September 2012, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

To upload a picture just click on Go Advanced which brings up more options when posting. Then just click on http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/editor/attach.png and attach a picture under 1.9mb.

You may want to start a new post for this pic as a lot of people don't read the intro section.

GU_Nemesis
17th September 2012, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, awesome bunch of people on here and everyone is so helpful. Sounds like you are about to have a whole heap of fun getting out there amongst it. Can't go wrong with a Patrol mate :)

2TROLLFAM
22nd September 2012, 01:30 PM
I've been alittle slack in welcoming new members cuz I'm usually on my phone & it's a pain but "Better Late than Never"

WELCOME Aboard - you'll find these guys & gals to be full of Useful, Entertaining and sometimes Disturbing information LMAO .. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as we all do !!